• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some more Avatar changes

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Yes, this is like the 4th AP thread this month.

Continued from here.

Aang's Lava Cooling and Key Arrangement​

As we established here, the feat was a continuous effort that took place over ~3 seconds. Therefore, its value drops from 1.3 kilotons (Low 7-C) to a more reasonable 0.435 kilotons (8-A).

Aang also deflected a fire blast that mostly pulverized an ice cliff. Even averaging the two ends of this calculation (which I feel is more than fair) gets 150.5 tons of TNT (8-A). But, Aang was using his glider, which is a moderate amp (judging by his fights with Zuko, anyway).

My suggestion is that we should just scale Book 1 Aang to 8-A rather than having any sort of possibly rating. 0.435 kilotons isn't exactly consistent if you place Book 1 in a vacuum, but it's consistent with Book 2 and 3 feats, which would simply suggest that Aang didn't get like 90 times stronger through the course of one season.

Which brings me to my next point.

The progress of Aang on the profiles doesn't make all that much sense. Aang was nearly killed by Azula at the end of Book 2, awoke at the start of Book 3, and spent most of the time between his full recovery and his encounter with Combustion Man (episode 2-5 respectively) blending into Fire Nation society rather than practicing new elements, so he wouldn't be much more powerful at the turn of the season. Additionally, The Puppetmaster presents Aang as inferior to Katara and Hama in terms of Waterbending, when he's seen combatting Ozai with Waterbending during Sozin's Comet.

Rather than Book 1 | Book 2 | Book 3, I think it should go Book 1/Book 2 | Late Book 2 | Post-Dancing Dragon Mastery.

Book 1 would scale to 8-A with Airbending, with comparable or superior Waterbending power, Mid-Book 2 Aang is Low 7-C via Combustion Man scaling, and Post-Dancing Dragon Mastery roughly scales to Ozai.

This is also more consistent with Aang and Katara's increasing displays of power against Azula. But I'm open to suggestions.

Some Combustion Man Scaling​

Rather than scaling to Book 3 Zuko and Azula, we can just scale Ozai directly to Combustion Man's Low 7-C calc since the extras call Ozai the most powerful firebender in the world, if not all history (probably barring Dragons). Iroh should similarly scale above Combustion Man, especially by virtue of the fact that Fire Lords are supposed to be the most powerful Firebenders, and Iroh was the crowned prince in Azulon's twilight years.

Toph and Bumi Scaling​

Too many characters scale to Toph for no reason. This includes Roku (who has an accepted feat that's almost 2 kilotons, anyway), Lin, Korra and Kyoshi. In fact, I'd also add Book 2 Aang to the lot.

Maybe there are some statements that these characters are superior to Toph, but I sure as hell can't find them. So I assume it's because they're (barring Aang) much older and would've had more training, or something.

If that's the case, then Toph isn't some kid who will grow out her potential beyond adults at some point in the future. She's objectively one of the best and most skilled Earthbenders in the world alongside Bumi, which is due to unique circumstances (her blindness and learning directly from the original Earthbenders). The fact that she's even equal to Bumi, who's 112 years old, is a testament to the fact that age isn't a factor in scaling for Toph.

Also, Amon is also scaled above Toph, but that makes no sense when Toph has no Waterbending ability to counter Bloodbending.

The Low-Ends​

Pretty much no profile has the low-end and high-ends/different calculations as possibility ratings unless there's some sort of extenuating circumstances. In Toph's case, the low-end was accepted, and it's more consistent with our current ratings/the ratings I'm proposing here.

We should do the same with Aang's sand blast calculations. No offence to Dalesan and Shmeaty, but I propose that we just go with Shmeaty's calculation and don't have it on the profile, or regulate it to a supporting feat.

It is possible it's beyond the horizon, yes, but I'm fairly sure we need hard evidence for the calculations themselves, and the evidence that this extended beyond the horizon is far too limited and could work just as easily without this being beyond the horizon.

Sozin's Comet​

I've done a baseline Small Town level for fodder during Sozin's Comet, which is consistent with Sozin's claim that army Firebenders are boosted far beyond the likes of Season 1 Aang.
  • Roku: One hundred years ago, Fire Lord Sozin used that comet to begin the War. He and his firebending army harnessed its incredible power, and dealt a deadly first strike against the other nations.
  • Aang: So the comet made them stronger?
  • Roku: Yes. Stronger than you could even imagine.
Technically, this doesn't upgrade anyone, but it's a good supporting feat that scales to most Firebenders on the wiki, and characters like Toph and Bumi.

Katara would scale above this, since she strikes Iroh as the most powerful bender of the age, and was confident that she could defeat Sozin's Azula alongside Zuko despite her normally being a much better fighter.

On that last note, I've also done an accepted 0.45 kiloton calculation for Katara in Book 3 episode 1.

Amplified Waterbending​

Unlike the Avatar State, amplification from the Full Moon and Sozin's comet isn't a consistent transformation of sorts, they simply have access to greater power during these astronomical events. They're also scalar to the strength of the user (i.e, Book 3 Katara during the Full Moon > Book 1 Katara during the Full Moon). Since the Full Moon occurs once a month, it shouldn't be a separate key entirely.

Legend of Korra Scaling​

Korra is Building level+ because she scales to Mako and Bolin, while Unalaq is City Block level because he's stronger than base Korra. Bolin has Large Building level via a calculation, and Mako is Building level+ because he can bend lightning.

Obviously this doesn't make any sense, so here's my ideas.

Unlike Aang, Korra is a prodigy who already learned most of the elements as a kid and mastered the physical side of those ones when she was 17. Katara refers to her as strong in the first episode, and she faces some of the most powerful benders on the planet throughout the series.

While I dunked on Amon scaling to Toph, he should be superior to Yakone Bloodbending Adult Aang since Katara could break out of Hama's Bloodbending via raw Waterbending ability (not even Bloodbending, since she only chooses to use that later). Additionally, Bloodbending is almost exclusively a power that requires the boost of the full moon for high level, while Tarrlok, Amon and Yakone could do it at any time, which suggests a superiority to virtually every Avatar Waterbender.

Korra was able to break out of Amon's Bloodbending without the Avatar State and fight on par with Tarrlock before he used Bloodbending (presumably, she couldn't break out at the time).

By book 3, Mako and Bolin could mount a somewhat decent defence against the Red Lotus, whom Zuko praises as being capable of defeating any Bender, after getting used to their whacky abilities.
  • Zuko: No! This can't be. Do you have any idea the power these criminals possess? Individually, they can take down any bender. Put them all together, they could take down the entire world. And now you're telling me that their leader is an airbender?
So my suggestion is that they get Low 7-C across the board.

Minor Bending Changes​

This doesn't affect much, since it's either already on the profiles or shown to change little in the series.

Firebenders are more powerful around heat sources in general, and at their strongest near the equator during Summer, but they're weaker overall at night, during full moons and when it's raining.

Waterbenders, obviously, are stronger at night and peak during the full moon. But Winter time and being in their homelands (the North and South Pole) also boosts their abilities.

Earthbenders are strongest in Spring.

Finally, Airbenders are strongest during Autumn.

This really only changes the context of Full Moon Katara being able to stomp Zuko effortlessly in the North Pole.

Last edited:
Yes, this is like the 4th AP thread this month.

Continued from here.

Aang's Lava Cooling and Key Arrangement​

As we established here, the feat was a continuous effort that took place over ~3 seconds. Therefore, its value drops from 1.3 kilotons (Low 7-C) to a more reasonable 0.435 kilotons (8-A).

Aang also deflected a fire blast that mostly pulverized an ice cliff. Even averaging the two ends of this calculation (which I feel is more than fair) gets 150.5 tons of TNT (8-A). But, Aang was using his glider, which is a moderate amp (judging by his fights with Zuko, anyway).

My suggestion is that we should just scale Book 1 Aang to 8-A rather than having any sort of possibly rating. 0.435 kilotons isn't exactly consistent if you place Book 1 in a vacuum, but it's consistent with Book 2 and 3 feats, which would simply suggest that Aang didn't get like 90 times stronger through the course of one season.

Which brings me to my next point.

The progress of Aang on the profiles doesn't make all that much sense. Aang was nearly killed by Azula at the end of Book 2, awoke at the start of Book 3, and spent most of the time between his full recovery and his encounter with Combustion Man (episode 2-5 respectively) blending into Fire Nation society rather than practicing new elements, so he wouldn't be much more powerful at the turn of the season. Additionally, The Puppetmaster presents Aang as inferior to Katara and Hama in terms of Waterbending, when he's seen combatting Ozai with Waterbending during Sozin's Comet.

Rather than Book 1 | Book 2 | Book 3, I think it should go Book 1/Book 2 | Late Book 2 | Post-Dancing Dragon Mastery.

Book 1 would scale to 8-A with Airbending, with comparable or superior Waterbending power, Mid-Book 2 Aang is Low 7-C via Combustion Man scaling, and Post-Dancing Dragon Mastery roughly scales to Ozai.

This is also more consistent with Aang and Katara's increasing displays of power against Azula. But I'm open to suggestions.
I'm gonna agree with this however

One of the calcs for 8-A assumes pulverization when there is minimal evidence for it as well as ignoring the fact that this was in all likelihood caused by a chain reaction collapse as a result of the initial blast

So if we go for 8-A it would not include this as a supporting feat, instead we would just use Aangs early to mid season 2 feats for support of the tier

Some Combustion Man Scaling​

Rather than scaling to Book 3 Zuko and Azula, we can just scale Ozai directly to Combustion Man's Low 7-C calc since the extras call Ozai the most powerful firebender in the world, if not all history (probably barring Dragons). Iroh should similarly scale above Combustion Man, especially by virtue of the fact that Fire Lords are supposed to be the most powerful Firebenders, and Iroh was the crowned prince in Azulon's twilight years.
This is already been accepted btw I just need to get around to fixing Ozai's profile

Thanks for the references tho!

Toph and Bumi Scaling​

Too many characters scale to Toph for no reason. This includes Roku (who has an accepted feat that's almost 2 kilotons, anyway), Lin, Korra and Kyoshi. In fact, I'd also add Book 2 Aang to the lot.

Maybe there are some statements that these characters are superior to Toph, but I sure as hell can't find them. So I assume it's because they're (barring Aang) much older and would've had more training, or something.

If that's the case, then Toph isn't some kid who will grow out her potential beyond adults at some point in the future. She's objectively one of the best and most skilled Earthbenders in the world alongside Bumi, which is due to unique circumstances (her blindness and learning directly from the original Earthbenders). The fact that she's even equal to Bumi, who's 112 years old, is a testament to the fact that age isn't a factor in scaling for Toph.
I'm pretty sure other than Amon, no-one else scaled based off Toph

It's just that the Combustion Man calc came along and made everyone Low 7-C which kinda invalidated her Low 7-C feat

As of right now I believe we should scale her to above Combustion Man's value, but below Ozai. Same with Bumi

Even if she was the best in the World she still considered Iroh to be the only one besides Aang Capable of matching the firelord
Also, Amon is also scaled above Toph, but that makes no sense when Toph has no Waterbending ability to counter Bloodbending.
Bloodbending is hax so idn how this happened in the first place

The Low-Ends​

Pretty much no profile has the low-end and high-ends/different calculations as possibility ratings unless there's some sort of extenuating circumstances. In Toph's case, the low-end was accepted, and it's more consistent with our current ratings/the ratings I'm proposing here.

We should do the same with Aang's sand blast calculations. No offence to Dalesan and Shmeaty, but I propose that we just go with Shmeaty's calculation and don't have it on the profile, or regulate it to a supporting feat.

It is possible it's beyond the horizon, yes, but I'm fairly sure we need hard evidence for the calculations themselves, and the evidence that this extended beyond the horizon is far too limited and could work just as easily without this being beyond the horizon.
Yeah sorry Dale

I've already kinda been doing that starting with the Aang profile where I changed it from "Likely 7-C" to "Possibly 7-C"

I've done that with all the other profiles I've updated as well

I do think it would be better of if we just removed it all together though and I mean this in the nicest way possible

It doesn't matter anyway because were gonna get 7-C via another feat I noticed and will unveil soon

Amplified Waterbending​

Unlike the Avatar State, amplification from the Full Moon and Sozin's comet isn't a consistent transformation of sorts, they simply have access to greater power during these astronomical events. They're also scalar to the strength of the user (i.e, Book 3 Katara during the Full Moon > Book 1 Katara during the Full Moon). Since the Full Moon occurs once a month, it shouldn't be a separate key entirely.
Agree

Legend of Korra Scaling​

Korra is Building level+ because she scales to Mako and Bolin, while Unalaq is City Block level because he's stronger than base Korra. Bolin has Large Building level via a calculation, and Mako is Building level+ because he can bend lightning.

Obviously this doesn't make any sense, so here's my ideas.

Unlike Aang, Korra is a prodigy who already learned most of the elements as a kid and mastered the physical side of those ones when she was 17. Katara refers to her as strong in the first episode, and she faces some of the most powerful benders on the planet throughout the series.
Completely disagree with this

Take this with a grain of salt as I am currently watching through Korra however

Korra throughout the episodes I have watched so far is stronger than the average bender but we literally have an entire arc of her struggling and competing against professional benders

Also basing it on her being a prodigy is also iffy as it doesn't really mean anything on it's own

She can be a prodigy and still be at a lower level then Aang and the gang

Same goes for Katara's statement

We should just scale them to their own feats until later seasons

I'll be updating this as I watch through the series as well
While I dunked on Amon scaling to Toph, he should be superior to Yakone Bloodbending Adult Aang since Katara could break out of Hama's Bloodbending via raw Waterbending ability (not even Bloodbending, since she only chooses to use that later). Additionally, Bloodbending is almost exclusively a power that requires the boost of the full moon for high level, while Tarrlok, Amon and Yakone could do it at any time, which suggests a superiority to virtually every Avatar Waterbender.
I also don't agree with this as they could just as easily have learned how to do it without a full moon

For literally all of history people thought metalbending was impossible however Toph learned to do it and now it's become widespread

Same could apply here accept on a far smaller scale

Also it could just be a special ability they just happen to have as in the flashback we see of Yokone we see Sokka talk about how it's a similar situation to Combustion Man where there quite literally born different and have special abilities

Once again this is just with my current knowledge of the first half of season 1 of Korra so if I don't know something don't hesitate to tell me
By book 3, Mako and Bolin could mount a somewhat decent defence against the Red Lotus, whom Zuko praises as being capable of defeating any Bender, after getting used to their whacky abilities.
  • Zuko: No! This can't be. Do you have any idea the power these criminals possess? Individually, they can take down any bender. Put them all together, they could take down the entire world. And now you're telling me that their leader is an airbender?
So my suggestion is that they get Low 7-C across the board.
I agree with this

This is already been accepted btw I just need to get around to fixing Ozai's profile

Thanks for the references tho!
I'll make those edits. I'm planning to create a sandbox with references.

Speaking of the new sandbox, I don't want to make the sandbox and then everyone gets changed anyway. Who does this 7-C feat scale to (and is it Roku's air blast)?
So if we go for 8-A it would not include this as a supporting feat, instead we would just use Aangs early to mid season 2 feats for support of the tier
Ok.
I'm pretty sure other than Amon, no-one else scaled based off Toph
I just showed that they were. For example Korra is 'Easily far above regular benders and should be comparable if not superior to kid Katara and Toph.' Ditto for Kyoshi and co.

On this note, what I said about Toph applies to Katara as well.
As of right now I believe we should scale her to above Combustion Man's value, but below Ozai. Same with Bumi

Even if she was the best in the World she still considered Iroh to be the only one besides Aang Capable of matching the firelord
Sure.
Korra throughout the episodes I have watched so far is stronger than the average bender but we literally have an entire arc of her struggling and competing against professional benders
That's mainly due to the fact that she can't fight anywhere near as well as they can. Also, the tournament is a terrible example because literally all of the fighters are handicapping themselves due to the rules. Korra just outright tosses someone off at the beginning of her pro bending career, showing that the games wouldn't be difficult without rules.

Just logically, Korra being somewhat average makes 0 sense because the people she fights aren't somewhat above average.
Also basing it on her being a prodigy is also iffy as it doesn't really mean anything on it's own
It does when she's a 17-year old Avatar.
She can be a prodigy and still be at a lower level then Aang and the gang
Not really. Aang was 12, and not a prodigy who mastered the elements like this. She should definitely be stronger than his Season 1 self, who abandoned his people before learning advanced moves and could already fight Zuko with Waterbending simply after learning from a single scroll.

At the very least, she and the people who scale to her should be well above some 8-B mooks.
I also don't agree with this as they could just as easily have learned how to do it without a full moon
Sure, but he still scales above Aang regardless. Also, Tarrlok said he's never encountered a comparable bender in general, not just waterbender.
  • Tarrlok: I don't know how he does it, but then again, I've never encountered a bender as strong as Noatak.
That's definitely 8-A and Low 7-C when you take Tenzin and his family (especially Kya) into account.
Same could apply here accept on a far smaller scale
Sure. We'll just go with Aang, Mako and Bolin scaling.
Same goes for Katara's statement
100% agree. We should just scale her above Aang and, by extension, Book 1 Zuko.

Last edited:
Agreed with everything. Also, where are you in the series, Shmeaty?
Just finished season 1 of Korra

Starting season 2

WTF they just killed Amon and Tarrlok like that?

Here's some of what I'm planning.

It's not fully complete, and I'm not a fan of everything there.

Looks great

However I think Azula should have two keys

We see in the crossroads of destiny she was easily overpowered by Katara while at the end of season 3 Katara wasn't confident in taking her on by herself

Also I believe that it should be noted that Katara is superior to both Aang, Azula, and Zuko as of the end of book 2 which would also apply to mid season 3 characters besides Toph

That was during Sozin's Comet.

I should definitely put her above Azula rather than equal. You're right. Azula scaling puts her above Aang and Zuko automatically.

I'll find a way to fix up non-comet Ozai being fodder to Toph and Katara later. I have to go out.
Simple

Scale Toph to Low 7-C

There's no reason Aang can't be more powerful than her

Also I've been looking through the extras for statements and it's confirmed that Aang is now the most powerful firebender

Even stronger than Ozai

In the sequal comics, Toph was consistently portrayed as being a lot stronger than everyone else, even a Non-Avatar State Aang. And she even has her own feats that are like crazy high that had like near planetary level ranges and possibly tectonic area tier wise. Also, Aang is objectively the strongest bender in his Avatar state, but his base form is a different story.

And she even has her own feats that are like crazy high that had like near planetary level ranges and possibly tectonic area tier wise.
Are you referring to the part where she was holding up the mine from keeping it collapsing on top of the party, and Katara says something along the lines of "She's holding our world up"? That was hyperbole; she's referring to the fact that Toph is their world at the moment because she's the only thing keeping them alive.

Simple

Scale Toph to Low 7-C

There's no reason Aang can't be more powerful than her
But there's all the statements of Toph and Bumi being the greatest Earthbenders.
Also I've been looking through the extras for statements and it's confirmed that Aang is now the most powerful firebender

Even stronger than Ozai
I already found them. They're referring to the Avatar state.

In the sequal comics, Toph was consistently portrayed as being a lot stronger than everyone else, even a Non-Avatar State Aang. And she even has her own feats that are like crazy high that had like near planetary level ranges and possibly tectonic area tier wise. Also, Aang is objectively the strongest bender in his Avatar state, but his base form is a different story.
None of this prevents Aang from being the stronger earthbender in the final episodes

If that's the case then she just got stronger afterwards

However this would definitely warrant her a full 7-C rating for her post series self
Tbf, didn’t he literally strip Ozai of his bending? Kinda hard to be counted as a firebender when you ain’t one.

My bad this was after Aang had entered the Avatar state

Aang is still comparable either way tho

But there's all the statements of Toph and Bumi being the greatest Earthbenders.

First you gotta factor in what time the statement takes place in because depending on that it could make a big difference. If it's from say a season 2 book or quote then yeah it's probably true but that wouldn't apply to later seasons

Second that could still be true and Aang be more powerful than them due to the many ways "greatest" can be interpreted (Strongest, most skilled, most famous, any mix of these three) though I do agree it's most likely the first.

Third is the fact that even Toph herself did not see herself as a contender for Ozai. As she said nothing when Zuko mentioned him being the only other person capable of beating him, keep in mind Toph is a very boastful character which makes this all the more valid.

I'm not saying she it's impossible, I'm just saying that narrative implications and other statements disagree with her being able to beat or match Ozai.

I might be inclined to agree with a "possibly 7-C" for her

Now her post series self is a different story from what I hear

Anything goes for her

I already found them. They're referring to the Avatar state.
Yeah I realized and addressed that in a post that for some reason didn't send earlier

They were made/referring to events before, during and after season 3. So that's not much of a factor.

It's a mix of statements, from strongest, skilled and greatest.

I suppose possibly 7-C is fine. But, technically, there's also nothing solid to scale her to Ozai when you consider the million other Firebenders at his command (requiring an eclipse just to get close to him) and the fact that the statement was made during Sozin's comet.

They should definitely be in the Low 7-C range.

I think it's pretty illogical to have them as 7-C.

Happens in season 2 episode 6

When their running away on a boat a waterbender raises the entire boat like 20 meters and what's so impressive is that he raises the entire column in like .2 seconds if that

alright, i have the scene. and i can go frame-by-frame in vlc

Back