• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Marvel Calculations

It's a messy case. Originally, Sentry compared his powers to a thousand exploding suns, but as his powers grew, he started comparing it to a million and then Doctor Strange to a billion. But it's more or less a phrase.

The author confirmed it a few times, but WoG is rather useless.

But Million Exploding Suns is 4-B, not much higher than other herald tiers 4-B feats, and Sentry upscale from some of them, so it's not exactly a hyperbole at the end of the day either?

Yeah, the second one was rejected, despite it being more accurate canon wise but eh.

But yeah, 5 KiloFOE is pretty on brand with most herald tier characters and their feats.

Personally, I would go for the MegaFOE, since he > Thor, whose feat was calculated at 387.81406 KiloFoe. But I don't know if we can use the Million Exploding Suns at all. He has other feats that can be used, like his fight against Photon. (Other Sentry forms upscales from that)

Wasn't that downgraded to around 500 Foe though? And Thor's star shaking is around 13 KiloFoe (which I think should be halved due to him wielding 2 Mjolnirs)

In that case, should be removed from the verse page then.

But 13 KF is still above the sentry million exploding one, so I guess both can still be used.

Pretty sure the Sentry Million Exploding Suns quote was confirmed to be comparable to that of 1 million supernovae so it'd remain 1 megaFOE anyway.

Also our sun can't explode anyway. Basic common sense. I'll just paste what DMUA said on that blog:

"I severely doubt the thought behind this being said was "The sun exploding in such a fashion that all it's components slowly drift away from it and never form back together" as opposed to "YEAH EXPLODING STARS"
Comic Book writers aren't writing in technicality, they're writing in spectacle. To most people, an exploding sun and a supernova is just the same thing, but one sounds cooler."

Pretty sure the Sentry Million Exploding Suns quote was confirmed to be comparable to that of 1 million supernovae so it'd remain 1 megaFOE anyway.

Also our sun can't explode anyway. Basic common sense. I'll just paste what DMUA said on that blog:

"I severely doubt the thought behind this being said was "The sun exploding in such a fashion that all it's components slowly drift away from it and never form back together" as opposed to "YEAH EXPLODING STARS"
Comic Book writers aren't writing in technicality, they're writing in spectacle. To most people, an exploding sun and a supernova is just the same thing, but one sounds cooler."
So the math is good alright.

What about the Human Torch's calc is that still good or does it need a recalc?

Heimdall states that Sentry carries the rage of a thousand of suns when Bob with a large team were approaching asgard (Thor 2007 #607), Heimdall vision is tremendously powerfull and is generally a really wise character.

Tony asked Sentry to recharge his suit due to him having the power of thousands of exploding suns, (Some issue of Mighty Avengers probably) Stark around this time was not the comedian he is known today, most of his statements are serious claims.
1000 supernovae is 1 kilofoe, strangely consistent with Thor's 12 kilofoe dual Mjolnir feat which if halved is 5 kilofoe

So the math is good alright.

What about the Human Torch's calc is that still good or does it need a recalc?
The 1 megafoe value is the correct one, yeah.

As for Human Torch, no idea, not exactly an expert on fire-based calcs if they don't involve brute-force destruction.

The scans on Sentry's profile say no, there's more than one instance of the "million exploding suns" statement in Sentry's history.
Saying "million exploding suns" is far easier than proving it literal.

You know he's currently listed APPROXIMATELY around that? If the statement wasn't literal, 100% confirmed to be, then that would be enough. Hell it's (likely coincidental) a VERY good approximation by Marvel standards, but it's still an approximation.

So again, I need proof it's completely literal for it to be used as a calc, any tier it can get by as an approximation basis, it's already getting.

Heimdall states that Sentry carries the rage of a thousand of suns when Bob with a large team were approaching asgard (Thor 2007 #607), Heimdall vision is tremendously powerfull and is generally a really wise character.

Tony asked Sentry to recharge his suit due to him having the power of thousands of exploding suns, (Some issue of Mighty Avengers probably) Stark around this time was not the comedian he is known today, most of his statements are serious claims.
Sentry Vol.1, he also referred to it as a thousand exploding suns, but that was mainly in a flashback.

Tho Doctor strange comapred it to a billion exploding suns.

However, million is the more consistent one across the entirety of his comic appearances. Far too many people, including Reed and strange have called it a million exploding suns. Heck even iron Man did at some point.

Speaking of, Absorbing Man iirc copied Thor's powers once and was fine, but after sentry pumped a few "suns" into him, he literally exploded into a gazillion pieces.

Civil War; the Return.

I think WoG can be used in this case, just this one case tho. A million supernovas isn't contradictory to the feats performed by the Sentry. And most of his feats are rather casual, sans WWH which is an outlier. Everything else he has done has been awfully casual for most parts, including the Absorbing Man feat and fighting Thor and a horse of heroes multiple times.

But I suppose sticking to his own feats is better. Tho a few high tier stuff he has done (like tearing apart space between two dimensions/universes) can't be calculated properly so big oof there.

It's an outlier for everyone other than the Hulk lol

But basically, it doesn't fit continuity or the Sentry's character just right. The same problem with other characters involved too.

Yeah it's completely against his character. We had a whole series about him not going out, because he will trigger the void coming out and also not something he wants to do basically. This one, he acts like a dbz character and unleashes everything.

Honestly I was only looking for confirmation for Human Torch's feat and added Sentry for a bonus .

Didn't think people would focus on it this much.

Reminds me of that Captain Britain thread from 2019. That was meant to upgrade him, but instead turned into a Sentry upgrade theead and went on for like 3 pages or so

So do we apply this to Sentry's page or no? We can just simply note in his profile that it applies to his maximum potential/ full power (where he's depicted above Thor and Hulk) to avoid scaling issues.

Back