• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Kars (Jorge Joestar) things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually reading through the scene again, it was actually more likely that it was Das Boot that did the sound thing (probably sonar or something) and figured out that Joji didn't have a Stand and Pucci did.

Oh, shit, I thought. Neither Narancia or I had even begun to
understand how ultimate the Ultimate Thing really was. As if
proving that, Cars sat down on the floor, and took Das Boot apart
as we watched. His fingers moved with such unhesitating precisio
it was as if he had built it himself. First he heated the tips of his
fingers like a blow torch, making a line across the outer walls, and
after peeling them off he divided it into engineering sections, living
quarters, control rooms, and missile storage. Tiny hands had come
out of the tips of his fingers, and were turning and opening every
nut and screw, leaving the entire plumbing system intact. It was
like he stroked it and everything divided itself into pieces, lined up
in neat rows on the floor, down to the individual spoons in the
kitchen or the springs in the beds. When it came to the monitors i
the control room or the computers in engineering, he not only
took them apart, he also analyzed the structure. "Some sort of
visual data," he muttered, putting the computer back together. He
plugged the cord into the palm of his hand and opened his mouth.
A beam of light emerged from the back of his throat, and a thi
membrane appeared between his jaws, turning his mouth into a
projector. The information flowing from his palm was transferred
to a thin cellophane-like paper, and projected onto the wall across
from him.

It was from dissecting Das Boot, but he obtained the pictures by plugging the cord into his hand and taking the pictures off the stand's computers.

I know, I just read through it. That's why I said it was more so technology manip. There were already computers and whatnot inside the submarine, he only modified his body in order to project the stuff that was there. It's like he turned his body part into a machine.

Missing the point, he took the data off the computers, into his body and projected it himself. It aint very good data manipulation, it's on par with your everyday thumbdrive, but data manip it is none the less, it's also tech manip, but it's still data manip, just not that good.

Also wanna point out, not a power or anything just something I thought was cool. Kars jumped from hailey's comet to the giotto space probe, the closest they ever got to each other and even the instance the book uses to say when kars jumped between them, is over 500km. Which I thought was pretty neat.

On the opposite end of things. D4CU should have universe creation, Joji theorizes that the stand creates universes and Kars later confirms it in this exchange, and Kars should know what it can or can not do, seeing as he's capable of understanding it.

".............!" So that terrifying man was somewhere inside
that massive rolling cloud?
And the Cars from this world appeared to be very angry.

"We told him this was but a parallel world, and he and everything
in it weren't real," Funny said. "I've fought that living nightmare
any number of times in different parallel worlds. Looking for a way
to seal him or send him away. Allowing something as fearsome as
that man to live free is always a threat," said the President of the
'free' country. Behind us came a loud crack crack boom of lightning
striking and I looked back to see Cars standing there, his hair in a
single braid, his arm through the chest of this world's 'Funny'. His
eyes met mine.
"I've never once defeated him," Funny said. "But I've done
my best to learn from him. And I'll put that to use and beat him i
the battle to come."
Cars tossed 'Funny' aside, and Dirty Whatever floated away,
swooping back towards us. Returning to its original owner. But Cars
was flying after it...!
"So you're the one who made this world?
I did not give you
permission, and I will not allow it!" he yelled, clouds billowing up
behind him. He was so terrifying I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Other then that, and 4th wall awareness (is aware of Beyond, exactly what it is and what it does, knew what it was doing and was fine not being the main character in the book and was ok with being a supporting role and tool for Joji), I have nothing else to say. I generally agree with the rest of the thread. Except tech manip, he has minor tech manip for the das boot scene but your example was a bit different, he made the space ship from Kars' and wrecked giotto probes, pretty sure the tech from the spaceship came from those.

Anyway ya'll can agree or disagree with that yourselves, im going mia.

Ogbunabali said:
Actually reading through the scene again, it was actually more likely that it was Das Boot that did the sound thing (probably sonar or something) and figured out that Joji didn't have a Stand and Pucci did.
Yeah, it was Das Boot's sonar. Narancia does the exact same thing earlier in the book when meeting Pucci, he checks if Joji has a Stand.

Chariot190 said:
Other then that, and 4th wall awareness (is aware of Beyond, exactly what it is and what it does, knew what it was doing and was fine not being the main character in the book and was ok with being a supporting role and tool for Joji)
Scans for this?

Scans for this?

Yeah sure, I'll get scans when I'm back home. Unless you don't mind mobile shit. I'll still gotta download the novel tho.

M8. Disagreeing with your opinions =/= Wank and Downplay. The only place that attitude is going to get you is banned. So stop it. For both of our sakes.

I found the quote where Kars is like I'm fine with that and all. Do I need to give scans that beyond makes main characters, writes stories, manipulates narrative flow and a bunch went of other shit? Or can I assume you know what it can do?

I know about Beyond, and that Kars knows about it. But scans about where Kars breaks the 4th wall and all that would be nice. Or that he acknowledges that he's a character in a story or whatever.

"You're right, Cars," I said. "I remember who I am." Cars was watching me intently.

"I think deeper and broader than anyone else around."

"That's right," Cars said. "But do you really understand the true nature of what Tsukumojuku called the Beyond?"

I truly believe that there is meaning in my meeting you like this. Tsukumojuku had smiled. Everything has meaning.

Of course there was meaning in the fact that I'd met Cars here. Even someone as overwhelming as him was an necessary element for me to perform my role as detective.

I nodded. "You're cool with that?"

Cars smiled. "I have no desire to be the leading man."

Cars was completely down with the theme Tsukumojuku had brought us. His intelligence was blinding. And thanks to Cars, I was finally emotionally ready to step into the gears of the world. With a healthy clank.

I think there's another moment too. Point is, he knows what beyond does, knows joji is the main character and doesn't have the desire to be the main character himself, supporting joji instead. He's also aware of the story's theme I guess. On mobile so the formatting is funky.

When had Dio Brando become a vampire? Once you'd become a vampire you could hardly live in polite society. Then again, the kind of man who'd plan a train robbery probably didn't give a shit about polite society. "Cars, you conquered sunlight, using the stone mask with the Aja Red Stone slotted into it, right? Are vampires also weak to sunlight?" Shifting his mouth back to normal, Cars replied, "Of course. Vampires can't last a second in sunlight. We...the species I once belonged to could operate for a brief period of time in sunlight, and could turn our bodies to soil or metal or burrow into rock and survive partial exposer to sunlight. I assume you're thinking about Dio Brando?"

Also that, not anything new, just states Piller men in general can turn into metal to avoid sunlight on top of the usual rock pillar thing.

It's only vague if that was all there is to it. The amount of times Beyond is explicitly talked about and said that it makes characters, controls the story, writes stories, manipulates the plot, so on and so forth (and Kars knows what it does, seeing as he's chastising joji for not understanding it) is what makes that exchange not vague, Kars knows that joji is the main character and he has no desire to take his place, he's fine with being supportive instead and is cool with the detective theme tsukumojuku set up.

Well, it's at least the power to be aware of plot manipulation and the narrative itself. Maybe not 4th wall?

That was just the first thing that came to mind.

Well either way, knowing about the plan/or whatever of a 5D being is a pretty good intelligence feat.

Idk Kars also figured out joji was a singularity with nobody telling him or even implying it. Funny himself was like wtf how'd he find that out. Kars' Intel is pretty busted.

Just gonna put this here

"In all this universe, as far as my abilities reach, only Earth has any life worth mentioning. This is the only place in all the universe where life is worth living."

But that isnt what he's saying, as cool as that would be and while it's true some of his abilities do have universal range (the time stands for example). He's saying that the only place that he's aware that is even slightly interesting is earth and other places blow.

Fyi, I think DMB asked? Kars didnt follow his pre-ordained fate after being effected by BTD, he acted completely differently on the second loop, such as spontaneously adapting a new stand in the form of The World, doing a bunch of shit he didn't do prior and even eventually stealing KQ towards he end of the loop. He changed his fate.

Well I replaced the resistance to time manipulation with fate, I think that most are fine with that.

I don't know if this is the case with Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem, but in the novel OG MiH only effected the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back