• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sombra vs. Doctor Kondraki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Two High 8-C invisibility users from drastically different verses. Standard Battle Assumptions; each fighter has their full arsenal and set of abilities. Speed is Equalizied. (EDIT) 427 is restricted. Boop.

Sombrero: 0

Booterflies: 7 (Lephyr, Kirbyel, ArgentinianDeadpool, Weekly, Sir Ovens, Edward, Phoenix)

Sombra Overwatch
Dr kondraki by sunnyparallax-d7bxisw

My vote goes to the good ol' King of the Boooterflies.

Now, while I don't know the skill of Sombra, I'm very comfortable giving this area to Kondraki, who has done this:

"But you know what? I would never have imagined you to wind down so fast. Really. It was you who started this whole Duke mess, rode the Reptile; you tricked Able himself in swordplay. And now? You just a bag of bones, aren't you? And here we are!" - Source

I suggest giving a read to Able's profile in the wiki (which I linked above) to know what level of skill we are talking about. Expanding on the Duke incident (which I've also linked above should anyone want to read it), Kondraki is highly unpredictable while calculated, to the point that fellow doctors Clef (the man that can kill off reality warpers on the scale of SCP - 531, and SCP - 239 (Both with prep time)) and Gears (who's one of the most intelligent members in the Foundation), had this to say about him:

""Interviewer: Seriously? No mistakes?

Clef: I can't really see that Dr. Kondraki made any mistakes in his termination protocol up to this point, no.

Interviewer: Seriously?

Clef: None at all. He had a primary kill mechanism, a backup plan, and a tertiary plan as well. The fact that his plan didn't survive first contact with the enemy wasn't his fault. The deaths of MTF-Rho-2 were a sad and unforeseeable consequence of the Euclid-class SCiPs being moved…

Interviewer: I see. So tell me, Dr. Clef, what if all of this wasn't part of some plan, and he'd been making it up as he went along?

Clef: <laughs> In that case, sir, I'd say that Dr. Kondraki was a suicidal fool. But he certainly wouldn't have…

Interviewer: …

Clef: … he did?"

And

"Dr. Gears: Reckless is a relative term. Viewed purely from the vantage point of a termination test carried out against a nearly-invulnerable humanoid SCP object, Dr. Kondraki's test achieved only a low to medium degree of collateral damage.

Interviewer: So you feel that Dr. Kondraki's actions were acceptable?

Dr. Gears: He achieved his intended goal. However, the loss of manpower, multiple containment breaches, widespread damage to Site 19, and general lack of planning represent a gross oversight on the part of Dr. Kondraki.

Interviewer: Demolishing a good chunk of a site is a little more than oversight in planning.

Dr. Gears: …Sir, if I may say, I think we are focusing on the wrong direction. We assume that Dr. Kondraki is a "loose cannon", a person who is reckless and puts zero foresight into anything he does. However, this is a narrow and dangerous assumption.

Interviewer: …What are you talking about?

Dr. Gears: The human brain has a tendency to view highly complex and rapid patterns as random events. I believe that Dr. Kondraki used the termination of SCP-083 as an excuse, and the resulting highly destructive "chase" and containment breaches as a distraction.

Interviewer: So you're saying…he planned it?

Dr. Gears: Not in a traditional sense. To use a mathematical example, he started with the solution, and worked backwards to create the problem. The multiple containment failures, the evacuation of items, SCP-083 and its attacks on site staff, all these stretched the resources of Site 19 to a dangerously thin level. This allowed him to achieve what I hypothesize to be his true goal.

Interviewer: …which would be?

Dr. Gears: To ride SCP-682."

-

With that out of the way, I will go through their respective abilities:

Sombra's teleportation; extremely useful and I have no doubt it would caught Kondraki off guard... The first time. According to her profile, her teleportation is based around the fact that she can teleport to a beacon that she throws. This can be easily predicted, specially for someone like Kondraki.

Sombra's Invisibility: Completely null thanks to SCP-515-ARC, or well... At least in the beginning (more on that in the next point). Kondraki's own invisibility I don't think she could null as easily, nor does she have an answer to his Illusions.

Sombra's EMP: This is, frankly, her more useful ability against Kondraki, because she can make 515-ARC unusable, giving her a bit of advantage through her own invisibility. In an early fight scenario, this could be crucial. With that said, how much time can she remain invisible? Kondraki can go up to 5 hours without rest ( Source ). Not only that, but he's stealth and Illusions are so good, he could go eleven years undetected by anyone in the Foundation, even while Jack Bright was taking over the Foundation itself (more details in the linked story).

I don't think her hacking abilities would be useful in this fight, the same way his firearms aren't.

• I think I gave enough reasons, haven't I? ovo

Ah, I didn't metioned AP. I believe they are about the same level, seeing as they scale from people that has fought people that can level skycrappers.

The booterflies for the reasons above.

If booterflies becomes a meme I swear

Sir Ovens said:
The booterflies for the reasons above.
If booterflies becomes a meme I swear
Boooooooterflies
(Kondraki's Personnel File)

Also, vote is 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back