• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sol Badguy vs Son Goku

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Round 1: Limiter on Sol vs Cell Saga Goku

Round 2: Limiter off Sol vs Buu Saga Goku

Sorry if this has been done before, but I feel like making it lol. Who wins?

Sol image rev
--son-gokuu-dragon-ball-and-dragon-ball-z-drawn-by-tesshii-riza4828--sample-473b89e800e7818be9d708cd862bd2e4

this is... actually, an awesome idea man!

Sol blitzstomps. However, with speed equalized...

Round 1: I would say Goku with Very High Difficulty or inconclusive. Goku has more battle sense as a tactician and has slightly higher AP, but unlike any attack that could possibly put Sol down would be dodged as Sol is not an idiot and would likely just attack Goku while he's charging it. Sol has better stamina than Goku as well. Sol also has vastly better experience than Goku, so he might actually have a skill advantage due to that plus fighting a wider variety of foes (all of Goku's enemies fight the same). Sol's nastily high regen also makes things very difficult for Goku, meaning that destructo disk is useless (not that he uses it anyway), but I think he can pull through.

Round 2: Sol with mid difficulty. They have equal dura/AP and Goku has better tactical skills, but Sol has better stamina, arguably better fighting skills, unquestionably better experience, and his regen means he'll simply outlast Goku. He also has better abilities.

I vote for Sol on account that his victory in Round 2 is much more of a sure thing than Goku's is in round 1, which is honestly a toss-up.

If speed is equalized:

Round 1: Like @Bruce said, it's a bit of a coin flip, however, Goku's instant transmission will help him here to seal the victory.

Round 2: I think Goku can pull this off as well. He's fought Kid Buu, who has the same type of regen as Sol. Also, I believe Goku's AP/Dura might be higher in SSJ3 than Sol if SSJ2 is solid 4-B. Again, he also has instant transmission that could play a factor.

SSJ2 is baseline 4-B and nothing higher than that. SSJ3 Goku might be higher end than SSJ2 but he's still considerably weaker than Sol, who is solid 4-B. TBH Sol's AP/Dura is higher than SSJ3 Gokus. And Kid Buu is weaker than SSJ3 Goku. Sol isn't. Sol is also a much smarter fighter than Kid Buu. And just because Goku dealt with Kid Buu's regen doesn't take away the fact taht Sol has a massive stamina and durability advantage because of that.

How does IT seal the victory against Sol... like, at all? He has no way of putting Sol down in any way. I simply give him R1 because he could possibly KO Sol.

He IT allows Goku to evade a good portion of Sol's attacks. Also, didn't Buu destroy a galaxy, piece by piece, or is that just filler? Also, Goku's fought much smarter fighters than Kid Buu like Cell, Frieza, and Vegeta. Even the Ginyu force were smarter than Kid Buu..... Well, except for Recoome.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
He IT allows Goku to evade a good portion of Sol's attacks. Also, didn't Buu destroy a galaxy, piece by piece, or is that just filler? Also, Goku's fought much smarter fighters than Kid Buu like Cell, Frieza, and Vegeta. Even the Ginyu force were smarter than Kid Buu..... Well, except for Recoome.
Which he doesn't do 90% of the time. He usually just takes it like a man, so to say.

Yes, that's filler, and a few years is a weird time frame because to the kais, a few years is a VERY long time.

Good point, terrible examples. Cell is an arrogant character who has only had smart moments as Imperfect Cell, who never fought Goku. Frieza is an idiot who never takes a fight seriously, has poor tactical and strategic skills, and has never ONCE had a clever moment besides ROF, where he was practically goaded into by Goku. Vegeta is a bit iffy as a fighter as he's smart as first but gets blunt and moronic later on if significantly challenged. And Recoome is a genius, shaddap.

If you want to point to the smart fighters, I would go for Ginyu or Piccolo, maybe Tien.

Toonforce? IDK.

He's still not gonna do it in-character either way, he's too nice to condemn someone that way who he likely attacked first.

Sol still wins in a real fight.

R1)I agree with bruce on a lot of points except that Goku has mastered SSJ 1 by this point so he doesn't really have stamina issues.Destructo disk can be a used as a distraction or as part of a combo move.IT Kamehameha will end the fight.Goku is an extreamly adaptive fighter aswell and has the slight AP advantage here.So Goku high dif.

R2)Not sure who has more AP because SSJ 2 Goku is already above Gohan during the Cell games and Sol is SS level just from the fact his form is surperior to his base by an Unknown amount.SSJ 3 is a double edged for Sol since Goku is much more aggressive,a result of the overwhelming power, as wellas Goku being much more likely to go for the win as fast as possible since he can't use it for very long.So inconclusive maybe Goku IDK

Also for the BFR thing Goku will only use it if Sol is trying to kill him.

RadicalMrR said:
R2)Not sure who has more AP because SSJ 2 Goku is already above Gohan during the Cell games and Sol is SS level just from the fact his form is surperior to his base by an Unknown amount.SSJ 3 is a double edged for Sol since Goku is much more aggressive,a result of the overwhelming power, as wellas Goku being much more likely to go for the win as fast as possible since he can't use it for very long.So inconclusive maybe Goku IDK
Sol is in the Kilofoe range. He's on a higher tier or 4-B than Goku.

RadicalMrR said:
R1)I agree with bruce on a lot of points except that Goku has mastered SSJ 1 by this point so he doesn't really have stamina issues.
He loses a crapton of stamina if he charges the kamehameha to it's fullest extent and Sol could dodge it or better yet simply attack him while he's charging it. That was more my point.

"Kilofoe" what's this mean?

How does he know Goku can teleport and how would he know Goku would teleport to?

Goku can teleport as he charges it like he did Cell or Teleport away then back with it full.

Kilofoe means 1 kilofoe = 1,000 foe (Cell is 22.4 Foe as he's baseline 4-B). Sol may be pretty low in the kilofoe range but Sol is good chunk stronger than Goku.

Doesn't need to. He'd shoot Goku regardless and Goku would take damage while being distracted.

Good point, but Cell and Goku were near-even (Cell was using a power output comparable to Goku for fun), while Sol is significantly stronger. Also again, Sol is not stupid and he might just choose to shoot or batter Goku while he's charging up.

A major edge Sol has here is that his strongest attacks don't require charging and do not drain him of energy by a terrible amount.

Where did you you get 1 kilofoe from,I don't doubt you i'm just curious?

Here is the note I found explaining why hes SS level

Note: Considering that, prior to his transformation, Sol was still casually at the highest end of Large Star, and Asuka was able to stomp a greater form with ease. Then still put up a fight against Sol's greatest form, it is rather safe to put him at 4-B.

Also I know Goku isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't think he's keep charging his attack if opponent is about to attack.considering Goku uses Ki signature to track his opponents rather than sight it's really hard for Sol to catch Goku off guard unless he masks his Ki signature.

How fast is Sol's regen?

A calc from ClassicGameGuys. Forgot where to find it however so I might have to forget it :/

That being said, the idea that just because SSJ3 Goku is roughly 10x stronger than a baseline solar system buster in a tier where the range is absurdly high makes him stronger than Sol is a blind assumption to say the least.

Well, no ones ever attacked him while he charged lol. But yeah probably.

Sol has no Ki to lock onto.

Not sure, but I think it's over a few minutes. It's still a massive edge either way as Goku's SSJ3 form tears his body apart and Sol has much greater stamina to begin with.

BruceTheBatman said:
A calc from ClassicGameGuys. Forgot where to find it however so I might have to forget it :/

That being said, the idea that just because SSJ3 Goku is roughly 10x stronger than a baseline solar system buster in a tier where the range is absurdly high makes him stronger than Sol is a blind assumption to say the least. Well, no ones ever attacked him while he charged lol. But yeah probably.

Sol has no Ki to lock onto.

Not sure, but I think it's over a few minutes. It's still a massive edge either way as Goku's SSJ3 form tears his body apart.
I never assumed Goku was that much stronger than Sol.

Due to Verse equalization everyone has Ki.

That's why I said Goku go for the win as fast as possible in SSJ 3 if he decided to use it.

Didn't say that you did, I'm simply saying that Sol is stronger and more durable since SSJ3 Goku is super low-tier on SS level.

Fair enough.

Do you think Sol is going to play nice either? He's just as aggressive of a fighter as Goku is, if not more so, and Sol Badguy's most powerful abilities are more practical than Goku's strongest ki based attacks since they do not require charging nor do they drain him of his stamina. And Sol could likely just tank the damage and regen regardless. Plus Goku will have to deal with Sol throughout the fight as Sol isn't going to give Goku any leeway. He has literally every advantage over Goku.

Well basic Ki blasts don't really need charging and are around Goku's casual AP,charged Ki attacks are only used to insure finishers.

DB characters can unleash a large barrier of Ki for that very reason.

If Sol's regen really is few minutes,for character that are FTL+ that really isn't that helpful in a fight :/

Which are useless since Sol is on a higher end than Goku.

Which is a defensive ability that drains Goku's ki even more.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure it's fast but not sure. He's still Goku's superior in intelligence, experience and stats however.

KillitwithC4 said:
Goku should win both rounds for animefanboy's poor reasons.
Fixed.

Goku is on a lower end of 4-B and IT doesn't help seal the win ever so AF's reasons are not valid to cite for a vote.

When has using ki shields ever drain a db character? Kid goku used it once against the red ribbon army, and it didn't affect him much.

@ Bruce both are Unknown SS level though if you can give me that calc I will concede Goku has less AP and Dura.

KillitwithC4 said:
When has using ki shields ever drain a db character? Kid goku used it once against the red ribbon army, and it didn't affect him much.
It will when SSJ3 Goku's every move strains him. Sol will likely just outlast Goku and his regen is too high for Destructo Disk to work.

Stop putting words in my mouth, and where's the proof that he's a lower end solar system level than sol? Also goku can fly, something Sol can't do.

KillitwithC4 said:
Stop putting words in my mouth, and where's the proof that he's a lower end solar system level than sol? Also goku can fly, something Sol can't do.
That isn't putting words into your motuh. I'm pointing out that AF's reasoning isn't usable because it simply isn't true. You can argue for Goku but you cannot use false reasoning to do so. The proof is above. Sol has ranged attacks.

KillitwithC4 said:
Goku also has range attacks, and he can fly. Tell me how can sol beat someone that can easily avoid him.
True but he'll still get hit by and be damaged by at least a few of Sol's attacks. Sol can beat Goku simply by outlasting him. Goku is at a significant ap/dura disadvantage and has far less stamina and Sol has shrugged off things like impalement, which kill people like Vegeta, who is more durable than Goku naturally.

@Bruce Well not exactly 100 kilofoe like before and since SSJ3 Goku>SSJ2 Goku>SSJ2 Gohan,they should be fairly close in AP,though I might have to check up on some buu saga power scaling.

And with multipliers it would be closer 100 but I don't like using the multipliers since they are nonlinear stat boosters.

Also maybe make a content revision thread to see if the calc is accepted.

Welp, for both rounds Sol has more stamina and experience, without mentioning with regen and fire based attacks, attacks that tend to be effective against the Z warriors. Goku in other hand, has more powerful attacks that outclass the most of the Sol's, and instant transmition

For round 1: Goku has an advantage due flight, that could cause problems to Sol. But Sol has his black hole punch or whatever, and if he is able to strike Goku with that, depending of the angle, that could one shot him, if not, Sol will destroy the Earth, and knock himself along with Goke, and neither of them are able to breath in space. So, maybe the round could be inconclusive.

For round 2: This time Sol hasn't any disavantage (besides Goku's teleportation), so he could win this round

Back