• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So...

To be able to inspire fear in the readers, even years after he died.... Presumably, that was H.P. Lovecraft's desire. So take comfort in the fact that if he still exists in some form, he may be somewhat pleased that his work has had such a profound effect on you.

That said, I have no idea what is actually terrifying you. Do you want to talk about it?

(And don't you DARE FREAKING TELL ME "You don't wanna know". I ain't gonna scared of some book-borne Brobdingnagian, behemothly bumbling bogeymen, & if I asked you, that means I DO want to know, whether someone ELSE thinks I want to know or not. Pardon that of me, please.)

To be able to inspire fear in the readers, even years after he died.... Presumably, that was H.P. Lovecraft's desire. So take comfort in the fact that if he still exists in some form, he may be somewhat pleased that his work has had such a profound effect on you.
Does that imply he has conceptual manipulation or Immortality Type 8 uwu

That said, I have no idea what is actually terrifying you. Do you want to talk about it?

(And don't you DARE FREAKING TELL ME "You don't wanna know". I ain't gonna scared of some book-borne Brobdingnagian, behemothly bumbling bogeymen, & if I asked you, that means I DO want to know, whether someone ELSE thinks I want to know or not. Pardon that of me, please.)
Im using hyperbole to explain how I then realized how strong a character can be.

Who would've guessed that some dork from Rhode Island could create one of the strongest verses in all fiction? No one, but Lovecraft did the impossible

He was more or less OK as a young child. Then stuff happened...

"Though my body may be cast into the earth, my spirit lives on. In the uncertainty of the void, in that fear of the ocean's depths, in the monsters that lurk beyond our vision and in the gnawing feeling of nothingness before an incomprehensible reality, my mark will be there......"

Im using hyperbole to explain how I then realized how strong a character can be.
Oh, lol.
I mean, anyone can imagine a character destroying "everything", & we can all imagine that something can be unimaginable, I'd bet.
Still, glad you seem to feel that you've gained something useful from your experience.

I can scare the shit out of you even more if you want

CM_Iceberg.jpg

Back