• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So...Disney bought 21st Century FOX...any thoughts?

Gimme the X-Men in the MCU.

I don't want another horribly depressing movie like Logan.

I don't mind see the FF in MCU, but I disagree with the X-Mens for varies reasons.

The problem is that X-Men franchise is a longer franchise and has his own in-universe which can comparable to the MCU, it would be ridicolous to just , I don't know, reboot all of what happened and try to add it to the MCU (As well try to make it consistent with the canon).

Not to mention, they have their own essence, with movies such as Deadpool, Logan and the next one New Mutants, it would be a atrocius to change all of that with the comedic nature of the MCU movies.

There's also de fact that Disney would have less competition, with DCEU not going well, only with Fox being able to at least make good films that can match the insatiable mouse, without one of this big rodents, this mouse would take less work on make decent movies.

There are other reasons for why I'm disagree, but I think perple will understand my point.

Now Disney just needs to buy Warner Bros.

Then we can get official Marvel/DC crossovers.

Amalgam Cinematic Universe bois.

@Newendigo

Not sure if that means much.

When I was in Japan, NCIS (which is owned by CBS) was airing on FOX.

The Everlasting said:

Perhaps a sevens Fan4stick movie

Well, I think that would piss of a lot WB, seeing how their competition have the rights to aid a series of one of the most iconic DC characters, like seriously, they should be f***** frustrated...

Still, I don't like how Disney abuse of their money, I feel that they are going suffer from that actions in the future.

@Newendigo

I mean, they're a corporation. What do you expect them to do with their money? Not make more money?

Disney is like Nintendo in that it sells itself as a family-friendly company even when it's cutthroat in driving out and buying up the competition.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some people genuinely enjoy making it, but it has nothing to do with how business works.

But for fluck sake! They can't, they should not do that, that's just..... Not right, it seems so wrong...

Why I feel that I'm the only concerned about this? You know guys that this would have an effect on their movies, animations, everything that they produce?!

But noooooooo, "X-Men and FF in MCU!!" that's everything that people is saying currently, without taking in to concideration the consequences....

I'M GOING TO LOST MY FREAKING MIND.

We have no idea if the X-Men and FF will be in the MCU, and even if they are, I can guarantee they'd just be alternate universe versions of the characters.

The Everlasting said:
We have no idea if the X-Men and FF will be in the MCU, and even if they are, I can guarantee they'd just be alternate universe versions of the characters.
I really hoping so.

Actually, they really make a good job adding Spidy in the MCU, though they had some luck.

The Everlasting said:
Let's be real.

The only reason 99% of entertainment exists or has existed is to make money.
Nah, it is recurrently there to brainwash the population with onesided simplistic ideology as well.

The Everlasting said:
Let's be real.
The only reason 99% of entertainment exists or has existed is to make money.
The only successful artists you can name that don't care about money are the ones that did a good job fooling you that they don't.

Of course, not that wanting to make lots of money is an inherently bad thing. Just when moralty is put aside in order to do so.

Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread, the MCU will definitely benefit from Galactus, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, the High Evolutionary, etcetera, but the X-Men never really fit into the structure of even the regular comicbook Marvel universe, and technically work better as part of a separate continuity.

However, expect upcoming Deadpool movies to reference the acquisition.

Also, if the deal is not stopped by monopoly laws, we will likely have to add the "Disney" category to some more verse pages.

Naturally, the regular Marvel comicbooks will now start to focus more on the Fantastic Four and the X-Men again.

The Everlasting said:

M8 you realize that'd make it at monopoly status if they did that, right? Government would nuke them to hell and back. So far buying FOX doesn't move them up to it yet as far as I know, but buying Warner would easily launch them to that status for how its just as large as Disney and everything else it owns combined.

This is the only time I have ever heard Ant use a slang term like "nah".

And he follows it with a sentence with big words.

It's like, for that single instant, his demeanor changed ever so slightly, and then it went back to his normal professional self.

Why do I find this so funny?

As anybody who has seen me slip up knows, although I am technically a centrist, who despises narrowminded fact-resistant fundamentalist ideology, I am extremely worried about the situation in the world, and not politically correct at all. I simply try to maintain a calm, orderly, and peaceful atmosphere here.

Let's not turn this into a political thing.

Okay. My apologies. Beneath the surface this is a political event, so I immediately started to analyse the implications.

Nevertheless, she is correct. My bad. I have limited mental filters.

This means Disney pretty much owns Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson, does that consider them Disney characters?

Back