• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cartoon Tournament

DivineAura44

He/Him
Very simple. I will be taking 16 of the best cartoons and pitting them in a tournament to see who edges out who. But instead of doing it by the show as a whole, it will be simply based off of 1 episode. So a show which could be the worst of the sixteen can be placed the highest simply because of that one episode.

This will not include anime, so be quiet nerds. (I ended up giving Avatar the pass for some reason 😭)
These will not be adult cartoons either (sorry Samurai Jack 😔).

There are 12 shows which are locked and will be in for sure.

4 will be from Nick
4 will be from CN
4 will be from Disney
4 will be wildcards (from any network, including Nick, CN, and Disney. These are the audience choice shows.)

SpongeBob (Nick)
Fairly OddParents (Nick)
Danny Phantom (Nick)
Regular Show (CN)
Adventure Time (CN)
PowerPuff Girls (CN)
Steven Universe (CN, shut up Random this is peak)
Phineas & Ferb (Disney)
Kim Possible (Disney)
Gravity Falls (Disney)
American Dragon: Jake Long (Disney)
Looney Tunes (Warner Bros. Entertainment)
TBD (TBD)
TBD (TBD)
TBD (TBD)
The TBD shows will be determined based on what is given by others who voted for what they think should be here. The best episode will simply be based on online sources. However if there is strong push for something else being the best episode, I will change it.

(This is all, irrelevant because Over The Garden Wall solos.)

Last edited:
I will now take my take and report back with the best episodes. They will be edited into this post.
SpongeBob: Season 2, Episode 15 (Band Geeks)
Avatar: Season 3, Episode 18 - 21 (Sozin's Comet)
Fairly OddParents: Season 3, Episode 27 (Parent Hoods)
Danny Phantom: Season 2, Episode 8 & 9 (The Ultimate Enemy)
Regular Show: Season 8, Episode 27 (The Power)
Adventure Time: Season 10, Episode 13 (Come Along With Me)
PowerPuff Girls: Season 2, Episode 12 (Speed Demon/Mojo Jonesin)
Steven Universe: Season 1, Episode 49 (Jail Break)
Phineas & Ferb: Season 2, Episode 39 (Rollercoaster: The Musical)
Kim Possible: Season 4, 21 & 22 (Graduation)
Gravity Falls: Season. 2, Episode 18 - 20 (Weirdmageddon)
American Dragon, Jake Long: Season 2, Episode 20 (Homecoming)
Looney Tunes: Vol. 4, Episode 29 (What's Opera, Doc?)

Last edited:
When @Vizer04 changes his mind about the show you know it's not peak (he doesn't think the show is nearly as good as he thought it was).

Anyways, let me look at some episodes from shows I like a lot.
Shut up, cry about it. The show is great. Only you would find this post 3 minutes after it's creation.

Avatar's episodes are multiple parts so it'd be stupid to put it as one (even if it is as long as a movie).
Danny Phantom, Kim Possible, and Gravity Falls also apply under the same logic.

Last edited:
It's a show that's not hilariously funny made to be humourous. That's not a good look.
Once again, insane.

SU post-season 3 has extremely inconsistent writing and bad pacing, which all culminated with a rushed finale.

Are we including SU: Future as well?

Once again, insane.

SU post-season 3 has extremely inconsistent writing and bad pacing, which all culminated with a rushed finale.

Are we including SU: Future as well?
I'm as sane as I've ever been Random.

So then SpongeBob, Gumball, Johnny Test etc. shouldn't be eligible for the list? You love being overly critical of SU, Random.

No, that's a different show.

So then SpongeBob, Gumball, Johnny Test etc. shouldn't be eligible for the list? You love being overly critical of SU, Random.
SpongeBob is iconic. You can't remove that. Also, a lot of Spongebob's seasons are overhated.

Gumball is a better option than SU imo.

As much as I like JT, I'm getting destroyed if I propose that show. I ain't taking that risk. Plus, seasons 5 and 6 exist.

That's fine you can believe that. But especially from a tournament where it's episode only, I think Jail Break can make waves (or it's gonna get eliminated in the first round, one of the 2.)
Now I'll concede on the fact that Jail Break was peak SU.

I remember liking Mirror Gem a lot, too.

That's just 1 person saying

Multiple people could say otherwise, or find reasons that an episode from a different cartoon was better,
Oh you mean the process of finding out which episodes are picked? Well yeah you are completely right in that aspect. It's very subjective.

Oh you mean the process of finding out which episodes are picked? Well yeah you are completely right in that aspect. It's very subjective.
That's what I was trying to say the whole entire time.

At least with tier lists, you have no one barking at you to put certain cartoons in a certain tier. You can happily list any cartoon you want, and then deal with the goons (me) when you post the list.

Idk about Weirdmageddon to be honest with you, I remember it having pretty bad pacing but the end of the episode was pretty good.

That's what I was trying to say the whole entire time.

At least with tier lists, you have no one barking at you to put certain cartoons in a certain tier. You can happily list any cartoon you want, and then deal with the goons (me) when you post the list.
Well you worded it weird, not my fault. Once again, it'll only be changed with strong support not to mention the fact that there are people who bark at you to change your tier list. Their name is me 😈.

Idk about Weirdmageddon to be honest with you, I remember it having pretty bad pacing but the end of the episode was pretty good.
I always thought Gravity Falls was great, but not quite goated.

Then again, Disney Channel doesn't too many great shows compared to Nick and especially CN.

Maybe these TBDs are gonna hit hard (like personally Over The Garden Wall would solo if it was on here) but right now, I see Regular Show's ending taking the cake.

You know I had a problem until I realized lots of great Disney shows aren't animated. Like we got Mickey Mouse Clubhouse n shit but what else.
There's shit like Phineas and Ferb, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls, but then we have to drop a couple ranks and we have shows that are good like Jake Long, The Proud Family, etc.

I was never really into sitcoms. I loved Lab Rats, though.

There's shit like Phineas and Ferb, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls, but then we have to drop a couple ranks and we have shows that are good like Jake Long, The Proud Family, etc.

I was never really into sitcoms. I loved Lab Rats, though.
DROP A COUPLE RANKS??? Put some respect on Jake Long.

How would it be ranked? In comparison to the original or each other?
Ranked based on quality, and how it works as a reboot/revival.

Basically, you need to judge it on how good it is as a show, and how faithful it is to the original material, while also finding ways to separate itself from the original.

Ranked based on quality, and how it works as a reboot/revival.

Basically, you need to judge it on how good it is as a show, and how faithful it is to the original material, while also finding ways to separate itself from the original.
Mf that's too much work 😭

Back