• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, about being things and Attack Potency

Various characters are rated as so and so tier because of their size or because they are a certain thing; planets are 5-B, galaxies are 3-C, and universes are Low 2-C.
But, why is that? Why do we automatically assume that because a character is a thing they can also destroy that thing. Durability? Sure. But, Attack Potency?

We're not actually supposed to by default, see Locke. I successfully got it taken off 4-C because it's not really an AP feat to exist. I'd assume for a lot of the more sentient planets and stuff it's just KE, but there are probably ones out there that shouldn't have those kinds of ratings.

As for the universes, I feel like we probably shouldn't but tier 2/1 operates on its own standards whenever it feels like it because of course it does so idk if anything can really be done there.

Various characters are rated as so and so tier because of their size or because they are a certain thing; planets are 5-B, galaxies are 3-C, and universes are Low 2-C.
But, why is that? Why do we automatically assume that because a character is a thing they can also destroy that thing. Durability? Sure. But, Attack Potency?
For 10-C to 3-A, you're meant to rate them by potential energy if they're a character that can walk around. The idea being that a planet-sized golem that can walk around can probably fall over and stand back up, and could use that to attack.

If they can't move they shouldn't get such a rating.

For High 3-A and above you're dealing with infinities, if a character is actually that large and is able to move then it sure seems like they're dishing out infinite energy.

Although that's a hard to imagine situation (what stories would even write a character like that?), I'd say they should be Unknown until they get other feats.

Although that's a hard to imagine situation (what stories would even write a character like that?), I'd say they should be Unknown until they get other feats.
Oh boy-
There is a story that writes about that. Dragon ball.
IZ-

Being a sentient planet or star does not make you planet level or star level; there are a lot of other factors to configure as others have said. Movement, existence of weak points that can be penetrated with energy levels less than the sentient object's GBE. But being a Sentient timeline or Multiverse is kind of a different can of worms. They don't share weakness shenanigans that celestial bodies do, and infinity can't be divided by a finite number to get a finite number. Their sheer presence basically contains all time and space and have thus already eaten.

Also, I'm pretty sure a sentient universe that is still growing despite already being a universe and is attempting to become a sentient multiverse is easily a universe level+ in itself. And is not yet 2-C, but could perhaps eventually become that. But at the time being, would only give Multiversal range until they actually fully merge with other timelines.

Back