• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-001 (Locke) Revisions

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
There are a number of issues with this profile. Some were brought up before in this thread but nothing really came of it. Thanks to SCP discord dudes for helping me out with this.

AP
Being the sun is not a 4-C feat. According to the other thread, it's movement means it's low 4-C via KE, but that seems weird. A star can't control where it's moving, or punch someone, or even really attack. It seems like it'd be best to go with the energy it emits per second, which is high 6-A iirc.

However, it has been brought to my attention by people more knowledgeable on SCP than I that it shouldn't really have "AP" at all, since it doesn't really attack and its effect ignores durability.

Speed
MHS is technically correct in the sense that the sun is moving that fast, but can something that is unable to be changed or controlled by the object really be used for a speed rating?

Also, it should have SOL attack speed, since the sun emits light. Light moves at the speed of light.

Lifting Strength
Stellar lifitng strength doesn't really make sense. Firstly, humans or large humanoids don't get lifting strength for the weight of their body being held up by their bones, lifting strength measures how much extra weight you can lift, and SCP-001 isn't shown to lift any extra weight beyond itself.

Also, it doesn't seem to make sense to say that the entire weight of the star is being lifted up by itself for that same mass on Earth standards.

Striking Strength
The sun can't really strike anything. Even if something makes contact with the Sun, it's not the most tangible of objects.

Stamina
Limitless is wrong. Stars eventually run out of fuel and go out. Just change it to extremely high or something. As there is to my knowledge no statement for the 001-A entities, it should just be noted as extremely high, if they aren't shown to tire.

Intelligence
Should just be mindless, as a star is not a sentient being and doesn't have a mind.

Misc abilities
The Sun should have Intangibility due to being a mass of gas, and should have Type 5 Immortality because stars aren't really "alive". The Sun would have Heat Manipulation and Fire Manipulation for hopefully obvious reasons, as well as Radiation Manipulation due to being a star and emitting radiation.

I don't think that constantly emitting omnidirectional rays of light exactly classifies as Danmaku, but this is a point of contention within the revisions discord. Feel free to argue this.

There's also a quote I was given indicating Resurrection/Necromancy. Idk what it's from, but Ovens said he'd clarify later. Edit: it's under Locke's incedent reports section.

We managed to talk one of the D's into going out - see if he couldn't draw them away. He was surprisingly okay with the plan - all he asked for was a gun, and a single round. He made it out there and one got a hold of him, tried to get his mask off. He managed to work the pistol up beneath his chin in time, got it off. I figured he was lucky.

After he fell limp though, it kept working at his suit. Pried off the hood, poured itself inside. Began tearing it off of him from within.

He came back; started changing - dripping out of the suit and screaming and screaming and screaming.

They won't even let us die.

Bump

I'm for this. Though I would like to know where 001 was stated to have sentience before we change the intelligence bit.

So are we ever gonna get a source on the sentience or...

That's fine

So, we good to go on all my proposed changes?

Wait, anyone have the actual number for energy the sun produces per second?

Thanks.

I'm getting flagged for slur words, for some reason.

The edits. I have no idea what's setting it off. Can you check the abuse log as an admin?

So apparently s*b-human is a slur word...

Regarding the speed:

The Sun is nearly immobile relative to the Earth. That speed is relative to the galaxy/universe, which is very misleading.

If you're sitting next to someone on a bus that is moving at Superhuman speeds, the person sitting next to you, while moving at such speed, is not capable of propelling themselves at that speed.

So saying the Sun is MHS in speed is like saying a man sitting in the back of your car has superhuman speed.

Back