• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We're being fed pretty great quite lately.

(Mai Shiranui - Release Date)
All I care about from SNK nowadays is for them to either create more new non-fighting game series and characters and step outside of the fighting game genre for once like Bandai Namco and Capcom.

Or just bring back OG Athena by giving her original game a sequel or shoot for some consistency in giving her more of her own content and maybe gun for more appearances as a playable character in future KoF games or whatever:

m1p7Hnu.png

I did try the arcade version and Psycho Soldier back on a 40th anniversary collection after buying it from sale in my PS5.
I only briefly played the NES version on an emulator disc my cousin from overseas gave me back in high school and sadly because of how shitty the gameplay and difficulty was, I was never able to get awfully far meself.

I have watched the Fatal Fury OVAS and The Motion Picture recently, due to all the hype around City of Wolves (and I can’t get enough of this franchise).

I loved all three despite the flaws (Legend of the Hungry Wolf was especially flawed but still decent.) Perhaps at some point there could be profiles for the anime versions of the Fatal Fury cast?

Also, the ending theme for The Motion Picture is just beautiful.

Personal "Italy mentioned" moment of gratuituos national pride:

The small hamlet of Anchiano, close to the comune of Vinci within the metropolitan city of Florence, number of inhabitants unknown and generally rural and uninhabited environment, together with the nearby Monte Albano, are mentioned in the now-archived official, japanese-only website of Buriki One, an obscure SNK game from 1999 released only in Japan for an already-doomed at the time niche arcade system.

The rest of the article mentions unspecified locations of Japan and Russia, but for Italy they felt the need of disclosing specific details regarding the place. :cool:

I've just published profiles for Tendo Gai and Silber, the protagonist and antagonist of Buriki One, some of you might know of this game.
There was little material to use but they have still been quite enjoyable to write.

Btw, I went to count the characters revealed so far and they're 11, so we are missing 6 more before completing the roster. From the original Garou there are still 7, so we have the confirmation not all of them will return, at least at first. These are Kim Dong Hwan, Kim Jae Hoon, Gato, Hokutomaru, Freeman, Grant and Kain.

Personally I'm pretty sure Gato will come back, for how distinctive and popular he is, and right behind him there should be Hokutomaru for similar, albeit much weaker reasons. Kain also will most likely return, he was in that poster with Rock back then and even if he isn't the final boss, he still is central for the plot. Grant is possibly dead and Vox has basically replaced him. Kim's children and Freeman never told me anything, but I can still see at least 2 out of 3 of them returning, but I'd much rather prefer new characters or some FF returnee.
With Gato and Kain being probably the only one whose return is 90% granted, who would you see? New ones? FF alumni? Or fill back the old Garou cast as much as possible?

Btw, to address the (predictabo) elephant in the room... what do y'all think about Geese? Do you think he will be brought back, even just in his Nightmare form?

Btw, to address the (predictabo) elephant in the room... what do y'all think about Geese? Do you think he will be brought back, even just in his Nightmare form?
I don’t really see him coming back at all, but perhaps they just might? (As Nightmare Geese anyway). I personally don’t want him to come back though, as great of a villain as he is.

That's because Athena hasn't gotten a solo game since 1999.

Full Throttle: Am I a joke to you?

Back