• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE tier revision

Yes! Hell yes! Loki is getting a freaking rework! Finally! They are changing two of his abilities, one of which is removing thag useless clone. Granted, that ability should stay in terms of his abilities here as he has used illusions of himself to trick foes in canon. But now for some reason, when he makes a clone of himself, it's forcing his past torment on his foe, poisoning and blinding them as he once was. He also looses his self buff for a flurry of rapid strikes. His ult also is being fleshed out a bit more.

So while this one effect his tier any, adding a blinding poison entwined with his illusions is a pretty scary move. Yeah he looses the self buff, BUT when the foe is under his poison, they receive all the back stab damage bonuses he'd usually get from anywhere, not just the back. so all in all, the infamous Loki just got a bit more versatile.

Okay so the clone becomes better, I guess that mostly just means better minion wave clear. Not much in terms of gameplay but good VSBW-wise.

Good news.

Just saw the God Reveal for Mulan. Not really changed my opinion about her, she's not exactly that interesting to me but she still sounds good.

Any news for Baby Yaga ? And what about pages for Discordia, Perspehone, Samedi and Mulan ?

Should Mulan get a pre-god transformation and post-transformation blurb? Or should we just do god form only since that seems to be the focus of her?

Also no word on Baba Yaga yet.

In durability, you said power gods instead of powerful gods. Also the second part seems redundant. Saying he can endure hits from powerful gods then say he is comparable to regular gods. I think that's all i can see for now.

They gave us the first taste of Baba Yaga!

She is described as being chaotic neutral, and have talked about how across her many tales, she has both helped and harmed. She is heavily associated with nature as it's matron, and even day, night, and the sun itself is under her sway. Even in combat she fights with a sort of controlled chaos, flinging spells that change shape and effect with every use, crafting potions with random ass ingredients, and even making use of her chicken hut.

Seems Mulan, with the company of Persephone who seems willing to help Mulan though Mulan doesn't fully understand what Persephone had done, travels to Baba Yaga's hut to find out anything about the corrupted jade stones that have been plaguing China. And well...since it's Baba Yaga, chaos will ensue.

https://www.smitegame.com/news/baba-yaga-a-closer-look/

So seems this may not be your average witch, but the version that has godlike powers or may even actually BE a goddess. I hope Mulan isn't too in over her head with this one.

Ok, first of all, i really like the design.

Second, this seems very promising. I can't wait for a more clear description of her ability and the Smite God Reveal to see what it looks like.

The damage done to Yggdrasil is worse than we imagined....the world is being dragged down with it...the sacred jade stones of china are corrupted, a cancer on the land... In Greece, oracles go made, tearing their own eyes out... in the Norse lands, the ancient old runic magics of the Aseir are warped and volatile... as Yggdrasil's condition worsens, the entire world, all the realms and the magic that binds them will decay with it. Odin seeks council with Ratatoskr, who lives on the tree. From within the rune magics Odin used to show the squirrel what was wrong, Ratatoskr heard a voice in a language unknown to him. In China, Guan Yu seeks out Hua Mulan, who is still wrestling with what she has become. She finds out she is now a god, but resents the gods for having not been thete to aid their people. But Guan Yu says this is a global crisis. Not just a chinese one. And he needs her help.

So Yggdrasil seems to be like Jormungandr in a way. While having strong norse ties, it seems to transcend one pantheon. Perhaps it, like Jormungandr, is far more ancient than the very idea of gods. But that's just a theory atm but a very likely one.

Ok she's very chaotic indeed XD Very interesting to say the least. Can't wait for the reveal video. Though we can already say that she has Telekinesis, Dimensional Storage (since she can store various potions in her cauldron), Life Manipulation (gave life to her house), Summoning (she can summmon it) and immortality assuming she's a goddess and not a "mere" witch.

Oh she has far more than that.

Her hut can absorb essense as it walks around, and drain it from enemies which on stream they said it can drain attack power but its not in the patch notes on the website. It then uses that essense to heal her or if she has items that use stacks, it stacks them for her.

Her first ability, besides firing in an assortment of directions with it's main damage coming from her witch fire. But it has various random elemental trails. One is wind and boosts your ally movement speeds, one looks like a mushroom trail that boosts defence, an ice trail that slows enemies, and a sludge trail that silences them.

Her potions use five random ingredients, with eye of newt, dragon scale, and wolf tooth as the ingredients. Eye of newt adds more power, dragon scale slows movement speed, and wolf tooth reduces attack speed and power. The potion color changes based on which ingredient has the majority.

Her mortar, NOT a cauldron, can be hopped into for defense and she makes an explosion that damages enemies and sends her flying.

Her ult allows her to go into her hut, and fire off four massive blasts of witch fire, which upon connecting with the enemy and ground, CHASES the enemy around as a ring of fire.

And thats not counting her connections with nature and her potential of possibly controlling day, night, and the sun.

Well like i said, i generally need the god reveal video to make sure to have a full understanding of all the abilities of a god ^^. I'll still prepare a profile for her but i'll wait until they release the video. Any idea about the release date ? Also, who is the next god in the list after her ?

So part two of the grim omens storyline is out. Seems Baba Yaga is pretty damn old. Stating her magic is older and wilder than even that of the Grecians and Norse. And Persephone said her wisdome, though vile, was beyond that of the gods. And apparently some ancient pact has kept her from interfering with the gods unless they come to her first.

So...untold centuries of age, magic older than the magic of two pantheons, wisdome betond that of the gods, and a pact not to interfere with them...they are REALLY dancing around wether or not she is a goddess or not. We even see spirits of the dead knowing not to be too bratty with her. So while we should wait on her bio lore, seems safe to say she is at least as old as if not more so in some ways, than the gods with wisdom and magic comparable to them.

Also more lore on Yggdrasil, that it's the beginning and end of everything. With its current state, a dark sea at the bottom threatens to swallow and drown everything. Things are getting crazy.

So I have realized something else all the gods share.

When mortals pray, the gods can not only hear it in their minds, but can literally SEE the prayer, worship, and need of the people flow into them. Thus the gods have some kind of mental/spiritual link to the mortals. I mean it makes sense. Gods can loose their immortality and even feel drained when the mortals no longer worship them, and from the mortals' thoughts and desires did the gods first coalesce.

Also re-reading the story, there are TWO ways to slay a god. Either starve them of worship, either by killing their worshipers or turning them against their gods as Jormungandr did, OR by going after the soul. As long as a god is worshipped they can keep coming back, UNLESS you can imprison, drain, destroy, or consume the soul. So it's not just that the gods just keep coming back. Their immortality IS fueled by their worship by mortals.

So....I suggest type 8 immortality be added to the gods as it fuels their type 4 immortality. And perhaps something about their bond with the mortals should be noted. Any thoughts?

That sounds good for me and yes, it seems logical considering the gods seem to have been weakened (at least most of them) by this.

Just a thing, i'm currently preparing a rework for Janus annd on his current profile, it says that he he is a primordial god. Do you know anything that could help for the rework ?

I mean it's basic logic cause we SEE Jormungandr turn mortals against gods and he has no known soul based powers. So mortal worship is the key to their tier 4 immortality.

And let me see what I can find. But don't trust the magazine's short stories for information as those AREN'T canon to the story of smite. But i will see if the "who is janus" bit has anything on him.

Well that didn't give much info. It even gave two conflicting origins for Janus, either as one of the first roman gods or of some relation to apollo. Normally the magazine "who is" articles are more helpful than that. Oh well. I checked everything, voice lines, the magazine, he never appears in the story, his lore says nothing of his status among the gods, and neither does his god reveal video. So without looking at his irl mythology I got nothing for ya there.

HOWEVER as a god of portals and transitions, he governs CHANGE itself. And his two heads can see the past and future, though he has no control of either. His "portals" are both literal and metaphorical, such as his named month being a portal from the previous year into the new. As a god of change, it could be applied in a combat sense, preventing foes from changing forms? Like preventing Goku from going super saiyan as that is a change.

I think in Jor's case, it's more manipulation and giving them the opportunity to gain freedom rather than any kind of power of some sort.

Well, thanks for the time and the effort :/ I have already made a list for his powers based on what we know about him but i don't know if we can add Time Travel among his powers. I guess we can consider he's a regular god and put him at "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" for now.

Yeah cause when he makes the mortals stop believing in gods, the gods will loose their immortality. Jormungandr always did consider gods as PARASITES.

Makes sense. Even the canon story calls Nox a primordial when Athena bumps into her, but Janus has made ZERO such appearances in the story so I guess that's fair for now.

From what i recall, Athena didn't fight her, she was fighting Frost Giants and Nyx killed them all to help her. But yeah.

Never said Nox fought Athena. Just said it stated she was a primordial and that athena bumped into her when getting ready to aid the Norse.

Also I reread the Odyssey 2017 storyline and it seems it is canon. And runs congruent with the Comic's point of the story. After the death of zeus, before the death of ao kuang, in the middle of the war against egypt and before Anubis fled, and before the all out war on Asgard by Hel and Fenrir. I was iffy about it cause of it's storyline at first but it seems legit after a re-read. Has some cool fights and whatnot. Gives me a whole new reason to be impressed with The Morrigan.

Recently came back to check out how the pages were doing. I've begun deleting the ones that nobody has revised, as they were made with essentially baseless statistics and have not been fixed in the months since an agreement was reached.

None, I deleted those that were inappropriate. Some of them included Neith, Janus, and Fenrir.

@Bambu

Thank you for helping out. Please remember to update the wiki profiles that link to the deleted pages. Preferably the verse page links as well.

Back