• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE tier revision

I wonder if its a theme for the chinese pantheon for humans to become gods. Eh.

I am pretty excited for Baba Yaga, too.

So a question about Mulan. Her abilities in game level up as she fights and gets more skilled with each weapon. On the wiki are we gonna keep that mechanic, or are we just gonna focus on her abilities at max skill? Cause it would be awkward to justify her loosing her skill with weapons EVERY TIME SHE FIGHTS outside of game mechanics.

On another note, her sword skill seems to also have a bit of fire to it on its final hit at max skill. She has weapons mastery (sword, bow, and spear), she has a life drain ability with her spear, and her bow allows her to use a grappling hook to grapple enemies and walls. Since she is gonna be made into a goddess in the smite story, she gets typical god abilities like super human physicality and immortality. Since she is a new goddess, she's PROBABLY gonna count as a "lesser god" have have the "probably low 2-C" tag.

Hopefully she gets more skills as the story goes on, cause atm she just feels like a chinese bellona in terms of ability. Both arr weapons masters, have life steal, have some kind of limited fire ability, and so on. Although Bellona has the ability to morph the metal of her weapon into the other weapons. Mulan just has her weapons all seperate. But you get the point. Mulan is chinese Bellona.

Don't think we should keep that.Would be awkward indeed to use it.

I would need a Smite Gode reveal video to get a better at her abilities but it seems indeed she has life-drain abilities. And yeah, as a goddess, she gets Superhuman Physical Characteristics and Immortality (Type 1, 2 and 4). But will she be counted as a lesser goddess (in that case, she would be "At least 7-A, likely higher") or as a regular one and get "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" ?

Kind of agree with this though Bellona does have otehr abilities like Empowerment from war and violence (wich is kind of useful in a war between gods when you think about it lol), Mind Manipulaiton, Empathic Manipulation and Probability Manip. Though i don't remember Bellona had a life-force drain ability.

Also, i want Hecate in the game. Seriously, i want her. And Chaos. And Ouranos. And the Titans like Kronos.

Yeah I think we can just say she's that skilled and move on.

I'm fine with that, yeah, she'd be "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" and get the normal Type 4 immortality of the gods since they can just up and walk out of Hades/The Underworld/etc. Gods are invariably High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C atm to be clear.

Tbh I'm more psyched for Baba Yaga than I'd be for any other god, possibly because I made a different page for her. I guess if I could choose a myth to add I'd want to add Musashi from Japanese mythology. He'd just be a normal human (so 7-A) but by god he'd have some damn good Warrior abiltiies.

Woah woah woah! By "lesser" i meant a normal NON-PANTHEON HEAD. She's not a 7-A anymore as she's becoming a legit goddess.

Bellona does have life drain with her scourge. She heals when she whips people with the damn thing. Mulan has a similar healing ability with her spear in the game. Which both feel like a life drain ability.

Kronos IS in the game. As the chaos titan....which SUCKS....when they updated the titans on the conquest map, they made them two of the actual titans. Amd yeah I'm definitely psyched for Baba Yaga. Who's coming up next btw. She's such an interesting character. Will she kill and eat you? Or be the biggest help along your journey? Are you brave enough to flip that coin of moral ambiguity?

I know what her whip does, that thing with Hastened Katana, Frostbound Hammer and Qin's Sais will really **** up a solo laner and leave you at nigh-on full health

oooooohh that makes sense

but yeah that whip is awesome, one of the big reasons I love playing bellona

Haven't played for a while but i remember she is very fun to play. So i guess i can add life-force absorbtion to her abilities.

Hey guys I've been working on Olorun and Yemoja profiles since they were not undeleted. I should have them posted pretty soon. If anyone feels like these pages need to be edited correctly feel free to do so once I post the links here or inform the message board that these profiles have been posted. Lets make our SMITE characters as best as possible.

So if i may for Olorun (haven't checked Yemoja for now) :

- His tier is Low 2-C, possibly far higher but should be noted Low 2-C, possibly far higher

- You forgot the classification (Deity, African/Yoruba God, God of blabla).

- No need to explain the Immortality, simply giving him Immortality (Type 1, 2, 4 and 8) is good.

- If you allow me to do it, i can make a rework of his Powers and Abilities section and post it here to see if everyone is ok with.

The rest is fine to me, just some errors like "Stamina" being in Italic (something that always happens with me...more or less and that i have to fix afterward).

And the "possibly far higher" part might be discussed but that's for later if someone wants to do it.

Idk why the stamina kept coming out as italic it was annoying me when I was previewing it.

Sure about the powers and abilities. If you want you can edit the tier too.

Okay if you want to fix the classification for both you can because I did forget.

Here it is. I remade the AP to and i changed some things but it's here. I think Olorun can be put to Low 2-C alone (the justification still indicates he's extremely powerful even compared to other leaders) but it can be discussed. Sorry it took that long, i'm busy doing something else at the same time. Tell me if it seems ok for you.

Power and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1, 2 and 4), Light Manipulation (Holds absolute control over the divine light and the power of the sun wich he created himself), Absorption and Healing (Via Consecratio, can absorb his inner light to heal himself or his allies), Aura (Via Consecratio and by himself. Naturally generates an aura of such power that Hera thought that even Zeus would be humbled by a being such as Olorun and Hades noticed that it has all the strength of either Odin or Zeus), Divine Magic, Energy Manipulation and Projection, Reality Warping (Created and can control aspects of reality, including time, space and matter as well as the fundamental forces of the cosmos), Time Manipulation (Holds extreme power over time, allowing him to accelerate, slow or stop it as he wishes, with his power being so strong it can even affect gods), Creation (Can casually create stars and suns. Created the universe and all that is contained within it as Olodumare), Telepathy (Stated to Baron Samedi to be capable of reading the minds of the gods and is also stated to be able to read their heart just as easily as he can read the stars), Summoning/Duplication (Can summon his other selves Olodumare and Olofi in battle, wich he used to overpower Set when the latter tried to attack him), Statistics Amplification (Via Touch of Fate and Overflowing Divinity), Statistics Reduction (His Sanctified Field greatly reduces the speed of his enemies), Flight/Levitatio, Teleportation, Dimensional Travel, Nigh-Omniscience and Cosmic Awareness (Has been shown to be aware of every event transpiring and was aware that the Gods that died in the early pantheon wars were not truly dead but being held captive by Hades and Persephone)

AP : Universe level+ (Embodies the primordial forces of Creation and Divinity and rules over all of the Gods of the Yoruba Pantheon, making him equal to or marginally superior to Pantheon Leader gods like Odin, Zeus, Ra or Kukulkan. Casually overpowered Set's allies, including powerful regular gods like Bellona and Thanatos, and is capable of affecting the likes of gods like Hera, Horus or even a pantheon leader like Kukulkan)

Olorun should be Low 2-C, yes. Absorption seems weird for something where its basically already in him and he exerts it outwardly, tbh. Statistics Reduction isn't accurate considering it is just time slow. I also don't remember where Dimensional Travel comes from, unless we're talking like going to the Underworld or smth.

Dimensional Travel comes from moving from his domain to Olympus and later the Underworld as gods can travel to different planes of existence. I agree for that rest though.

@Bambu So we abandon Statistics Reduction and maybe Absorption. Is the rest ok ?

@Aldamore Thanks. Finished Yemoja, here is what i noted abotu her :

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1, 2 and 4), Water Manipulation, Light Manipulation (Via Moonstrike, has power over the moon and can call upon its power to damage her enemies), Life Manipulation (Controls the life-giving powers of the water), Healing (Via Mending Waters), Resurrection (Can use her powers to resurrect dead gods), Creation and Crystal(Earth) Manipulation (Can create magical crystals), Telekinesis (Causes the crystals she can summon to float around her), Power Bestowal (Can restore gods from regular to pantheon leaders to their full power and is the only one capable of doing so), Statistics Amplification (Via Riptide, for herself and her allies)

Where do you guys tier Baka?

Many replies back someone had suggested to put him in the same bracket as the Vishnu avatars which is a huge nope. He got killed in a one-sided fight with child Bheema where he couldn't even deal any damage to the hungry kid. Prime Bheema was so much weaker than near-death Hanuman, unable to even lift the aged Monkey God's tail. Hanuman's best feat was probably when he ate the sun sometime after being born, mistaking it to be a mango. All of this implies that Bakasura shouldn't be anywhere near the Star tiers much less 3-A and above.

Looking through the SMITE roster, Bakasura seems like the weakest character physically. His SMITE lore does seem to indicate that he's the abstract embodiment of hunger but that shouldn't affect his tiering. Drawing parallels with Ravana doesn't work cuz he's a special case with all the blessings and equipment he has.

He's likely going to be "At least 7-A, likely higher". I mean, this...thing (for the lack of better word) might be the embodiement of Hunger but as you said, it shouldn't affect his tier and he's not a god or something comparable even if not mortal. Most of his abilities are more like haxes. He's still dangerous but u agree that he is among the weakest characters of the roster in pure terms of power.

Baka is just a demon and his only feats I can think of in the lore of the game is terrorizing humans. So he won't scale to anyone but the mortal beings (who all scale to Cabrakan with a 7-A feat).

That Yemoja edit looks good to me. Does anyone else have an opinion before it's actually edited to their profiles and should I do it?

So that bit about ressurection. Those gods weren't FULLY dead. They where kept in a state of half death by Persephone. Unable to truly die, but unable to truly revive. So not sure if it actually counts as resurrection. Idk it's a weird situation Persephone placed them in. As for power bestowal...they weren't really at full capacity upon being revived. Nothing implied they shot up with full energy. In fact it seemed more like they were groggy, having just woken up. So i don't think that counts as power bestowal.

Also Bellona and Odin vs Olorun was only in the trailer. NOT in the story of the game. Odi was not mentioned in that fight, and Bellona was stated to be elsewhere duking it out with Ares. doesn't change much, but thought I should mention it.

As for Bakasura, we can only judge what has been shown, and Bheem's power in smite hasn't been stated and I've been told not to use outside mythology. That said, Bakasura IS a hindu demon. And several of his fellow demons in hindu stories have been threats to gods. Ravana however WASN'T given power by Shiva. Just immortality. His power is his own as is his wisdom. The fact it takes a universe tier NUKE of a magic arrow from Rama to put him down, mentioned in the official magazine in the "who is rama" section and NOT one of its mini storys, implied Ravana has power, and invincibility on power with gods and fellow demons. They just needed the loophole of a mortal AVATAR using a god tier arrow to beat him in myth. And it's implied Rama has those arrows which are his astral arrows. Granted however, Bakasura is surly weaker than Ravana and Kumbahkarna. So it's hard to fully say. He is an obscure one. But I wouldn't sleep on Ravana or his sleepy brother.

So I'd put Rama, Ravana, and MAYBE Kumbah on god tier. But Bakasura...he's too much of an enigma at this juncture. He has little to no feats besides one off screen fight against a man who isnt even in the game. So his demonic connection to one as mighty as Ravana is loose at BEST.

Gaaraofthedesert801 said:
So that bit about ressurection. Those gods weren't FULLY dead. They where kept in a state of half death by Persephone. Unable to truly die, but unable to truly revive. So not sure if it actually counts as resurrection. Idk it's a weird situation Persephone placed them in. As for power bestowal...they weren't really at full capacity upon being revived. Nothing implied they shot up with full energy. In fact it seemed more like they were groggy, having just woken up. So i don't think that counts as power bestowal.
Honestly I took their immortality more as Type 5 since, when they died, they weren't really dead, just transported to the realm of the dead and generally free to walk back out. The only reason those gods didn't return was because Persephone trapped them. I'm fine with nuking Power Bestowal.

I wasn't considering Ravana and Rama to be not on the level of gods, was just speaking about Bakasura. Ravana is a bit special in his position of demon king, not just a demon like Bakasura. And Rama is just an avatar of Vishnu. Kumba is weird in that he isn't as powerful in the hierarchy as Ravana but he is still feared by a god (Indra) and given a gift from the gods in general, so I'd be comfortable with scaling him to Likely High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C

Bakasura is in no way a threat to the gods. Not even in his own story. Heck his power level is so low literally any fodder warrior of the Kurukshetra war stomps him.

In fact I don't even know how HiRez heard of this guy, he's such a minor character in the Mahabharata.

He's neat in the game tbh but yeah him being comparable in terms of game lore isn't really a thing yet. Not that it can't happen, considering Merlin is considered not only a god but a pretty damn powerful one, but for now it ain't a thing.

Bambu: I know, just felt like explaing how a connection to them COULD theoretically give a boost to Baka...but...it's such a loose one that it's hardly countable. Which is sad cause Bakasura is a rather cool character in smite. And I agree about that last bit. Those three can easily be scaled up. Plus Rama IS a avatar od the same guy who made Vamana who can grow to universal sizes as an added bonus to his credibility.

Nuke: True, but it is cool that they do pay attention even to the little guys. Or in this case, obscure ones. I mean Ratatoskr and Ah Muzen Cab are also obscure, as is Kuzenbo.

Truth is Basakura is very weak and no, he can't be comparable to regular gods. At best, he's tier 7 like mortals and monsters.

At least not until they bother giving him some story time and legitimate feats besides an offscreen fight with next to no details besides the duration of said fight. I mean if Bheem was in we'd have SOMETHING since dude is basically Hindu Hercules and HAS fought a god once. Indra to be specific. But since that character and feet of power arent in smite yet....poor Baka is left with NOTHING. The moment Bheem gets in, and providing they mention that fight, Indra being a high tier god in hindu myth and being the brother of Agni, would give immediate credit to Bakasura for having fought Bheem for a solid day straight. Poor Baka.

Wasn't most of the day just Bakasura doing his best to deal any kind of damage to Bheem who was just sitting there, tanking everything and eating the mountain of food meant for Bakasura? Bakasura wasn't really meant to be any kind of challenge, he was a throwaway villain meant to portray a message about the state of the society where Kshatriyas were not vanquishing evil like they were meant to do. Like I said before, literally any warrior could have beaten Bakasura, none actually deigned to come down from their luxurious lives to help a poor remote village out, that was the problem.

Bheem also never fought Indra, Arjuna did and it can hardly be called a fight. A dying Agni wanted Arjuna and Krishna to burn down the Khandava forest, owned by Indra, so that the flames would feed him and make him stronger again. For defending him while he fed, Agni gave Arjuna the Gandiva bow and Krishna the Sudarshan Chakra. At first, Indra thought the fire was natural and sent a thunderstorm to rain over the flames. Arjuna, now amped by his new weapon, blew away the clouds with one shot and created a framework of arrows surrounding the forest to prevent even a drop from getting through, if the thunderstorm attempt was repeated. When Indra personally went there to analyse the situation, he decided that one forest was not worth the lives of his brother and son, and risking the ire of Lord Vishnu and retreated. Thus, you can't even scale Arjuna to Indra.

In fact, if we ignore the hype surrounding Bheema as the Hercules of the Mahabharata, it can be noticed that he's surprisingly weak and just a solid mid tier in the grand scheme of things. He doesn't even have any noteworthy blessings or divine weapons so scaling him to his stronger siblings (yes, Even Yudhishthir can be considered stronger overall) is disingenuous. His skill is also not that great, most high ranking Kaurava army members would have killed him easily.

Back