• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smallest number of dimensions for a multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if the question sounds dumb, but I was wondering how many dimensions are required to create a multiverse, or more specifically a structure who contains more than one 4-dimensional space-time continuum?

For me, it's seems obvious we need at least a 5th dimension, either spatial or temporal, but I'm not actually 100% sure of this. Is it possible to create 2 4-dimensional space-time continuum with only 4 dimentions? And what is the case if said universes are actually (finite) pocket universes (still 4D of course)?

According to M-Theory. Multiverse consist of 5 dimension. Length, width, heighth, time, and fifth spatial dimension. But there other theory that say other stuff.

String Theory propose 11 dimension multiverse. Bosonic String Theory- 26 dimension multiverse.

There is even Hilbert Space. Which infinite dimension. :O

However, multiverse merely multiple universes or branes. Universe being 4-D brane. So 5 dimension requires to have infinite 4-D brane and size don't matter.

Yes, there can be two 4-D universe in 4-D space, just like there are bazillions of 3-D objects in 3-D universe.

Yumi-tan is correct. Or at least she summarised my own knowledge regarding the issue.

Yes, there can be two 4-D universe in 4-D space, just like there are bazillions of 3-D objects in 3-D universe.
Thanks Yumi, now I see what bothered me.

If I divide a infinite volume by an infinite value, I may obtain an infinite number of infinite volume. So it would be okay to think we can create a multiverse with only 4 dimensions. However, if this statement is true, that would mean that an infinite universe is also a multiverse of infinite universes.

That's why I think we can't create two 4-D universes within a 4-D space and need a 5th dimension anyway...Am I missing something?

Well, as universes can be endless in size, two universal clusters within the same 4-D space are usually considered as part of the same time-space continuum, i.e. it counts as Low 2-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back