• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Xenomorph additions.

Facehuggers should have telepathy for showing characters visions of other more ancient Xenomorphs and process being described as hosts becoming one with the alien.

Fully grown Xenomorphs https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Xenomorph should have High-Mid https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Regeneration regeneration scaling from Praetomorph where Ridley Scott said Xenomorphs can just regenerate from being dismembered referring to the scene where Praetomorph was cut in half.

Last edited:
Facehuggers should have telepathy for showing characters visions of other more ancient Xenomorphs and process being described as hosts becoming one with the alien.
Granting telepathy for this is fine, but my main problem is that the Aliens: Bloodlines series is sorta ambigious canon, specifically cus it references things from Dark Horse Comics that wouldnt be considered canon at all, so im rather unsure.

Fully grown Xenomorphs https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Xenomorph should have High-Mid https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Regeneration regeneration scaling from Praetomorph where Ridley Scott said Xenomorphs can just regenerate from being dismembered referring to the scene where Praetomorph was cut in half.
The regeneration should just be exclusive to praetomorph. Xenomorphs have been shown to be killed by things a High-Mid would regenerate from with no problem if able. We dont see xenomorphs actually regenerating their bodies to such a degree either, overtime or otherwise. Scott's WoG here contradicts what is shown about the xenomorph, but not for the praetomorph, I suppose. Praetomorphs are a stronger and more resilient variant of the Xenomorph also, so you could argue they likely have some unique traits that xenos dont have.

Side Note, but Ridley Scott's WoG shouldnt be taking as the absolute, as some of what he says isnt really considered true within the current alien continuity. For example, Scott saying david created the xenomorph isnt exactly held to truth anymore (Like in Aliens: The Roleplaying Game, which shows that the xenomorphs seemingly existed long before david came around). This isnt to say that part of the WoG about the regenerative qualities of the praetomorph shouldnt be used, but his WoG shouldnt be used to such an extent if it contradicts the source material.

Granting telepathy for this is fine, but my main problem is that the Aliens: Bloodlines series is sorta ambigious canon, specifically cus it references things from Dark Horse Comics that wouldnt be considered canon at all, so im rather unsure.

The regeneration should just be exclusive to praetomorph. Xenomorphs have been shown to be killed by things a High-Mid would regenerate from with no problem if able. We dont see xenomorphs actually regenerating their bodies to such a degree either, overtime or otherwise. Scott's WoG here contradicts what is shown about the xenomorph, but not for the praetomorph, I suppose. Praetomorphs are a stronger and more resilient variant of the Xenomorph also, so you could argue they likely have some unique traits that xenos dont have.

Side Note, but Ridley Scott's WoG shouldnt be taking as the absolute, as some of what he says isnt really considered true within the current alien continuity. For example, Scott saying david created the xenomorph isnt exactly held to truth anymore (Like in Aliens: The Roleplaying Game, which shows that the xenomorphs seemingly existed long before david came around). This isnt to say that part of the WoG about the regenerative qualities of the praetomorph shouldnt be used, but his WoG shouldnt be used to such an extent if it contradicts the source material.
I thought all Disney/Marvel Alien comics are canon?

I understand what you're saying but Aliens had really impressive regeneration from the very first movie. In the deleted scene, Xenomorph gets his arm cut off by an elevator door (or something like that), and then moments later he appeared with both hands. In another deleted scene, Facehugger regenerated his wound. Not only that but in the official alien novelisation (Alien 1979 by Alan Dean Foster) all of that is 100% canon.
Then in Prometheus hammerpede regenerated his head after being decapitated by a knife. Hammerpede is a black goo creature similar to Xenomorphs. This matters because in Fireteam elite is stated that Xenomorphs produce black goo.

So maybe "possibly" would be fine?

Last edited:
I thought all Disney/Marvel Alien comics are canon?
Alot of the marvel alien comics are rather ambigious in terms of canon, and it sorta preferred if we used confirmed canon stuff as if we dont alot of things could be tacked on. Otherwise, I am a bit stumped, consider me neutral with this one.
I understand what you're saying but Aliens had really impressive regeneration from the very first movie. In the deleted scene, Xenomorph gets his arm cut off by an elevator door (or something like that), and then moments later he appeared with both hands. In another deleted scene, Facehugger regenerated his wound. Not only that but in the official alien novelisation (Alien 1979 by Alan Dean Foster) all of that is 100% canon.
Then in Prometheus hammerhead regenerated his head after being decapitated by a knife. Hammerhead is a black goo creature similar to Xenomorphs. This matters because in Fireteam elite is stated that Xenomorphs produce black goo.

So maybe "possibly" would be fine?
The thing is, these are deleted scenes, they didn't actually happen in canon and thus shouldn't be applied. The alien novelization isn't 100% canon as it has portions of which contradict or just dont happen in the movie, if something in the novelization contradicts or just didnt happen in the movie than that specific portion of the novel is not used. Yes, the Xenomorphs and Hammerpedes have a relation to the black goo, but that dosent mean they share such abilities by default. Hammepedes used to be worms of which already have certain regenerative qualities, the black goo couldve just enhanced that ability to be much faster.

Alot of the marvel alien comics are rather ambigious in terms of canon, and it sorta preferred if we used confirmed canon stuff as if we dont alot of things could be tacked on. Otherwise, I am a bit stumped, consider me neutral with this one.

The thing is, these are deleted scenes, they didn't actually happen in canon and thus shouldn't be applied. The alien novelization isn't 100% canon as it has portions of which contradict or just dont happen in the movie, if something in the novelization contradicts or just didnt happen in the movie than that specific portion of the novel is not used. Yes, the Xenomorphs and Hammerpedes have a relation to the black goo, but that dosent mean they share such abilities by default. Hammepedes used to be worms of which already have certain regenerative qualities, the black goo couldve just enhanced that ability to be much faster.

Imo it just shows what abilities Ridley Scott and his crew thought off Xenomorph having. Which he brought back in Covenant.
As for Hammerpedes being mutated worms who already has regenerate properties, i think the same logic would then apply to Praetomorphs as well. You would need to argue they are spliced with worm DNA which we have 0 proof for that so far.

Imo it just shows what abilities Ridley Scott and his crew thought off Xenomorph having. Which he brought back in Covenant.
As for Hammerpedes being mutated worms who already has regenerate properties, i think the same logic would then apply to Praetomorphs as well. You would need to argue they are spliced with worm DNA which we have 0 proof for that so far.
Unless such thing is applied to the actual media I dont think its worth using, especially since canon xenomorphs have never shown such regenerative feats on such scale. The praetomorphs having the regenerative abilities is fine, and you wouldnt need worm DNA to grant such a thing. Considering how much david was experimenting with biochemistry to create the praetomorph im sure he found some way to include such a trait.

Ok, i did some research on Marvel Alien comics, and the one that really got my attention is "Alien: Icarus".
In the comic, Weyland Yutani corporation is making experiments on Xenomorphs to create new types of Xenomorphs. That process is called "Icarus strain". The reason for why they are doing this is because they wanted to make humans "better" and healthier with the use of black goo.

Now that is interesting because we just got a few leaks for Alien: Romulus a few days ago from people who went to test screenings.

in the leaks it's revealed that the Big Chap Xenomorph from 1979 movie is still alive. Scientists on the ship find it floating in space and they bring it in for experiments. They revert Xenomorph into a black goo to make their own version of aliens. The reason for why they are doing this is because of medicine. This process is called "Prometheus strain".

So i personally think Marvel Comics are canon.

Last edited:
Aliens%2B-%2BWhat%2BIf...%2B002%2B%25282024%2529%2B%2528Digital%2529%2B%2528Wanpanman-Empire%2529-012.jpg
I don’t know if anyone wants to add this since it’s from a what if alien marvel story but it’s stated that the Xenomorphs genetics are capable of over writing any sequence of another organisms DNA

Back