• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small UT ability addition, plus a regen thing.

This was actually brung up before on the sans thread iirc, so I thought to bring it up in this one. Beings capable of producing high DT should also get Supernatural willpower due to self-expanatory DT shenanigans, so Asriel (And Chadra, I suppose) should get that.

Alright that out of the way, I feel frisk should get a Low-Godly regen for the High DT key (I remember this being on the profile before actually, unfortunately was unable to find the thread of which removed it, though). Frisk's regen feat I feel is quite blatant, and considering asriel and the amalgmates have low-godly due to having high-DT, why shouldn't frisk?. On the topic of regen, I suppose you could argue that frisk regenerating their SOUL could be Mid-Godly as well, and while im pretty neutral on that personally, I feel it might be worth discussing.

Amalgamates probably have that regen due to their Monster Physiology
Afterall, Flowey and Base Frisk have more DT than them
I mean I dont think its just that, their extreme amount of DT is what clearly gives them the unique abilities their DT is the reason given for their low godly regen on the pages, even.

why would it be their monster physiology? their extreme amount of DT is what clearly gives them their more unique features, their DT is the reason given for their low godly regen on the pages, even.
Monsters are linked with their souls and stuff, and if extreme amount of DT is all that's needed, then Base Flowey would also have it

Monsters are linked with their souls and stuff, and if extreme amount of DT is all that's needed, then Base Flowey would also have it
I cant tell if you disagree or agree with the CRT

I do feel Flowey is quite a different case tbh, It seems he was just an ordinary flower which was injected with DT, which doesn't have a SOUL, while the amalgamates where monsters, which do have SOULs. While yea, I do agree their monster physiology plays a part, evidently their high DT is what gives them abilities that normal monsters cant do. Otherwise, looking through it seems none of the amalgamates actually do a low-godly feat, at best a low-high one, it seems, so I'm assuming they scaled to something of which is not listed. my point still stands though that frisk should get low-godly due to high DT, them regenerating their SOUL should be enough including everything else, I would think.

Last edited:
Supernatural Willpower for Asriel and Chara is fine. Undyne probably could have it too, but if so, we'd need to make a note of that her body will melt if she's too Determined.

Low/Mid-Godly Regen is... eh. As far as I understand, Refusal is just treated as Frisk's soul literally re-fusing itself after breaking (hence the name). Low/Mid-Godly would imply that the soul brought itself back from complete erasure, which doesn't square with the visual depiction of Refusal.

That's what I mean, yeah. It breaks in half and then pulls itself back together. Not sure what your point is, though.

Supernatural Willpower for Asriel and Chara is fine. Undyne probably could have it too, but if so, we'd need to make a note of that her body will melt if she's too Determined.

Low/Mid-Godly Regen is... eh. As far as I understand, Refusal is just treated as Frisk's soul literally re-fusing itself after breaking (hence the name). Low/Mid-Godly would imply that the soul brought itself back from complete erasure, which doesn't square with the visual depiction of Refusal.
tru about the undyne part.

After looking through Mid-Godly regen again it seems mid-godly only qualifies for complete erasure of mind, body, and soul, of which the SOUL wasn't completely destroyed there, so fair on your suspicions with Mid-Godly, but I feel Low-Godly could still be fair, I think, as that is just the ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body. Frisk's determination at the end of the game seem to have trumped the amalgamates (of which have some regeneration feats of their own), with the refusal of the SOUL showing that their regeneration did not just extend to their physical body, with frisk by restored to full hp even after asriel's variety of attacks, but also their SOUL as well, it seems. I can settle with putting it under a 'High-Mid possibly Low-Godly' of some-sort, though, like what we did with asriel.

Last edited:
tru about the undyne part.

After looking through Mid-Godly regen again it seems mid-godly only qualifies for complete erasure of mind, body, and soul, of which the SOUL wasn't completely destroyed there, so fair on your suspicions with Mid-Godly, but I feel Low-Godly could still be fair, I think, as that is just the ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body. Frisk's determination at the end of the game seem to have trumped the amalgamates (of which have some regeneration feats of their own), with the refusal of the SOUL showing that their regeneration did not just extend to their physical body, with frisk by restored to full hp even after asriel's variety of attacks, but also their SOUL as well, it seems. I can settle with putting it under a 'High-Mid possibly Low-Godly' of some-sort, though, like what we did with asriel.
I'd like to know what feats the Amalgamates have for their regen, because none of their profiles justify it beyond "well, they have a lot of Determination, so I guess they'd be at this level," which isn't helpful.

As for the other thing, regenerating from your soul being shattered ≠ regenerating from complete physical destruction. You should prove that Frisk's body was completely erased alongside their soul shattering, as that's what Low-Godly requires.
if low-godly is complete bodily destruction and mid-godly is complete soul destruction then where tf does regening not your whole soul go
🤷‍♀️

I'd like to know what feats the Amalgamates have for their regen, because none of their profiles justify it beyond "well, they have a lot of Determination, so I guess they'd be at this level," which isn't helpful.

As for the other thing, regenerating from your soul being shattered ≠ regenerating from complete physical destruction. You should prove that Frisk's body was completely erased alongside their soul shattering, as that's what Low-Godly requires.
I assume the amalgmates low-high comes from here and their overall amorphous and malleable form, although i'm not quite sure where their low-godly comes from, but if I had to go on a hunch maybe this?, mind ye this looks more like a teleportation feat, somewhat, but this is the only thing I could remember. My point with the low-godly SOUL refusal was that frisk can practically regenerate from any attack asriel will throw at them (especially laser attacks like chaos buster, and whatnot, he even states so himself the he would be capable of ripping frisk apart with his attacks iirc), and that the overall regeneration of their physical body seems to depend on their SOUL refusing, and thus it seemed they would be able to regenerate their physical body as long as their SOUL continues to refuse, if you get what I mean. Otherwise, I do get your suspicions.

Last edited:
I assume the amalgmates low-high comes from here and their overall amorphous and malleable form, although i'm not quite sure where their low-godly comes from, but if I had to go on a hunch maybe this?, mind ye this looks more like a teleportation feat, somewhat, but this is the only thing I could remember.
The first thing seems closer to High-Mid, IMO. The second thing... yeah, that's not regeneration at all. Not sure what it is, but it absolutely isn't that.
My point with the low-godly SOUL refusal was that frisk can practically regenerate from any attack asriel will throw at them (especially laser attacks like chaos buster, and whatnot, he even states so himself the he would be capable of ripping frisk apart with his attacks iirc), and that the overall regeneration of their physical body seems to depend on their SOUL refusing, and thus it seemed they would be able to regenerate their physical body as long as their SOUL continues to refuse, if you get what I mean. Otherwise, I do get your suspicions.
Again, that doesn't mean Frisk can recover from any amount of physical damage whatsoever, up to and including complete physical erasure. That needs specific context. As for the "tearing Frisk apart" bit, Asriel said that when they were saving him and he was trying to fight back against it, so I personally wouldn't put too much stock into it. It still wouldn't justify Low-Godly anyway.

That being said, I remembered a feat of Undyne regenerating from being turned to dust in the Genocide Route when you first attack her. Maybe that might be a good place to look? It seems that she Refused there, so it may be worth something.

Frisk can have low-godly on the basis that their soul was fine after Chara destroyed the game (chara specifically directs the attack toward you). then ask for the soul for the world to be returned. implying your soul either survived (which isn't possible for genocide frisk, as they wouldn't have the determination to tank it), or it regenerated back.

either way, at best it's a possibly rating at best due to the vagueness behind it's survival.

The first thing seems closer to High-Mid, IMO. The second thing... yeah, that's not regeneration at all. Not sure what it is, but it absolutely isn't that.
I mean that coupled with how they aren't really fully solid beings at all and usually just constantly melting, I can definitely see some sort of low-high. Yea agreed with ye on the low-godly part, but as said that's really the only thing I can find, perhaps there is something in the true lab entries? :unsure:
Again, that doesn't mean Frisk can recover from any amount of physical damage whatsoever, up to and including complete physical erasure. That needs specific context. As for the "tearing Frisk apart" bit, Asriel said that when they were saving him and he was trying to fight back against it, so I personally wouldn't put too much stock into it. It still wouldn't justify Low-Godly anyway.

That being said, I remembered a feat of Undyne regenerating from being turned to dust in the Genocide Route when you first attack her. Maybe that might be a good place to look? It seems that she Refused there, so it may be worth something.
Looking at undyne's feat, seems like a Mid-High to me, considering it seems she regenerated from being turned to dust, although if undyne's regeneration can be considered refusal it shows that refusal doesn't just reform the SOUL, but also can reform the body to some capacity as well, I suppose.

Last edited:
dosen't seem I have any opposition for supernatural willpower, so it seems fine that I can add that, me thinks.

Supernatural Willpower is pretty explicit, so yeah, it should be added.

I don't have any more to say on my points.

anyone else have a change in mind with or have thoughts on low godly regen of which they want heard?

I suppose that could be explained as chara trying to steal the players soul specifically, considering it seems they specify that they want your soul as they are presumably talking to the player, not frisk.

Back