• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small TF2 Downgrades

http://web.archive.org/web/20160505...utoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/tf2-calcs.35582/

The above calc is just wrong, darkanine and other versions put this at room or building level.

According to our current methods via Darkanines work

Explosion diameter = 231 pixels. Scout is 87 pixels tall.

231 / 87 = 2.65517241379

177.8 cm * 2.65517241379 = 4.72089655 meters

4.72089655 / 2 = 2.360448275 meters or 0.002360448275 km

0.002360448275 = Y^(1/3)*0.28

Y = 0.000001 kilotons

4.184 MegaJoules

Room level, I think.

I don't even think those calcs were accepted in the first place, but using our current methods:

Tf2 calc 1
Explosion diameter = 231 pixels. Scout is 87 pixels tall.

231 / 87 = 2.65517241379

177.8 cm * 2.65517241379 = 4.72089655 meters

4.72089655 / 2 = 2.360448275 meters or 0.002360448275 km

0.002360448275 = Y^(1/3)*0.28

Y = 0.000001 kilotons

4.184 MegaJoules

Room level, I think.

Soo...back to room level tf2?

Oh boi...

That is even worse.

So everyone is just room level again.

I guess I am fine with this.

Js250476 said:
So Overwatch still solos neat ovo.
Honestly probably just bet to accept dark versions of the calc if it is wrong

Edit: BTW, dont care enough about TF2 to go through with the changes

Edit 2: I didn't even see the CRT that accepted the High 8-C changes, who went through with them?

Were the High 8-C upgrades ever discussed in a thread? I can't seem to find a thread about it recently. And the old threat that discussed these calcs agreed they were unusable.

Also yeah I'm like over 90% sure Toratorn's calc wasn't accepted I've seen his calcs be called wrong in several sites

Darkanine said:
Were the High 8-C upgrades ever discussed in a thread? I can't seem to find a thread about it recently. And the old threat that discussed these calcs agreed they were unusable.
Just checked the history, legendaryherker literally changed all of them himself without a CRT.

I will notify him of this thread.

Edit 1: Actually, XCano commented and said the results were 1.2 tons.

Edit 2: Looks like fiflourine also changed some of them.

So no matter how you slice it, this calc is wrong.

"IIRC there was a calc done for Metroid on this. Might be on Chaos' blog. I think it was 1.2 tons."

XING06 said:
Ok so we're all agreed to changing back to 9-A right?
I am fine with it.

I will revert the changes.

Also, should close all TF2 vs Overwatch threads since all of them are stomps now.

Darkanine said:
The 1.2 tons calc was also not accepted and was re-calced at Small Building level.
That is a bummer.

Can you go through with the changes? I dont wanna mess up the profiles. Dont know TF2 that well.

Also, this is irritating someone did all of this without a CRT.

@Kink

Only moved the speed rating for Soldier.

Altho I do agree with the downgrade

Fllflourine said:
@Kink
Only moved the speed rating for Soldier.

Altho I do agree with the downgrade
Do you know who did the upgrades? I am seeing both Teen and Legendary doing both in the profiles I see.

Although I am also fine for waiting for more opinions @Dark

Assaltwaffle said:
So a verse-wide revision went through without a thread... an admin may need to speak with him.
Ant already warned Herker about changing things before.

As for teen, not sure if he received warnings like this in the past.

Agree with the downgrades as well, I was wondering where the changes came from when they were high 8-C out of the blue

All the classes are finished. Gonna do the monsters next.

Question, do you guys think we should keep the MVM boss profiles? They seem kind of redundant since they're usually just weaker/stronger versions of the classes with limited weapons.

Darkanine said:
All the classes are finished. Gonna do the monsters next.
Question, do you guys think we should keep the MVM boss profiles? They seem kind of redundant since they're usually just weaker/stronger versions of the classes with limited weapons.
Separate Keys? Sure

Separate Pages? That is too much.

Compiling them all under a single Gray Mann profile instead seems more reasonable to me.

Aww

rip, i legit thought that it wasnt time to do the revisions yet but i was wrong

I think that we should condense all the robots under one big Gray Mann profile, yea.

I apologize. I was looking at the profiles and noticed that they were 9-A when the calc link for Soldier's rockets was High 8-C. I wasn't aware there were any re-calcs. Sorry for the trouble.

TeenAngel101 said:
I apologize. I was looking at the profiles and noticed that they were 9-A when the calc link for Soldier's rockets was High 8-C. I wasn't aware there were any re-calcs. Sorry for the trouble.
Nah you are fine.

If you were following someones lead, then it is not that big of a deal.

I do that too, so I would be a hypocrite if I was too harsh on you.

Whats done is done.

Although someone closing this would be nice.

@Floruine

I am personally fine with this, although dark and others would need to provide a seal of approval.

The calculations of naruto forms are totally correct, even players familiar with team fortress have said they are right, now if you want to do things that are not reliable, keep yourself, and that KinkiestSins calculation has been even more wrong

@Hork2

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that the High 8-C calc is correct and that the other versions (that are lower) are wrong?

Assaltwaffle said:
@Hork2
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that the High 8-C calc is correct and that the other versions (that are lower) are wrong?
Probably both---

Edit: Also saying it is right based on players it is right is not how calcing works

trust me I tried

Well either way that isn't true. The explosion isn't nearly large enough to be High 8-C. as seen here the minimum radius for a High 8-C explosion is over 30 meters. That blast is a couple dozen meters diameter even if you highball it. And the calc are rounded to an even number, not even a low decimal.

Darkanine and others have calced this at its more accurate value.

Back