• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Ryuk Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
Hi.

I was looking at Ryuk's profile and I saw that he has Immortality Type 1. This is wrong and is blatantly proven to be wrong in the series. Not to mention he should have some abilities that he doesn't have.

So here we go...

Immortality Removal and Lifespan Stealing
Type 1 Immortality is described like this:

1: Eternal Life: Characters gifted with this type of immortality cannot die from natural causes, such as old age or conventional illness, but can be killed by unnatural causes. To clarify, this type of immortality can include both those who do not age at all, and those who still grow old, but will never die of old age. However, in the case of the latter it should be made clear that this is not just Longevity, as characters with that ability will eventually die of old age, as opposed to Eternal Life, for which dying of old age is not possible.

The thing is, Ryuk ca die from old age.

Hell, Ryuk has actually seen other Shinigami die from natural causes. Dying from natural causes is the antithesis to Type 1 immortality's definition.

This what he says:

"I have seen Shinigami who died naturally, though...those who sat around doing nothing, living for centuries without remembering to write down a single human name..."

Here's the page explaining that.

This fact is even stated in the weakness section of Ryuk's page.

Not to mention that there was another thread that mentions this, and while that thread was agreed on, some of the additions were never made.

Namely, Ryuk's Life Manipulation was never added.

For a refresher, when a Shinigami (the species that Ryuk is) kills someone with the Death Note, they get the person's remaining lifespan. So their "immortality" is simply because they keep adding years to their life. They aren't inherently immortal at all. They steal life from humans and add said life to themselves.

Memory Erasure
Also, I don't know if I should mention it, but when I was searching the Death Note manga for a scan of the scene where Ryuk explains Shinigami's life-span and pseudo-immortality, I came across Ryuk saying this to Light in their first meeting:

"If you don't want it, give it to another human. When you do, I'll just have to erase all your Death Note memories."

I'm pretty sure this means exactly what is stated, that Ryuk can erase memories, specific memories to be exact.

Limited-Power Bestowal
I can't believe I forgot this, but Ryuk (and other Shinigami) should also have Power Bestowal because he can give Light the Eyes of a Shinigami.

This is what Ryuk says:

"There is a deal that, traditionally, Shinigami who drop their Death Note can only make with the Human who picks it up...

...which will give that Human a Shinigami's eyes.
"

Here is the scan for that.

Conclusion
Ryuk should get Limited-Power Bestowal (via Shinigami Eyes deal), Memory Erasure and Lifespan Stealing (via Death Note) on his profile and his immortality should be removed because it is inaccurate.

Agree: 4 (Setsuna tenma, Qawsedf234, Mr. Bambu, PaChi2)

Disagree: 0

Ambivalent: 0

Yeah they aren't immortal on their own. So I agree with the change.

Yes. Add these.

How many people are needed to agree to a CRT before it can be implemented to the profiles?

Generally a staff member or two.

I don't count since I'm not staff. Obviously.

Alright

This can probably be added

I updated the profile, and I also added an obvious ability, Power Bestowal (via Shinigami Eyes deal), that I didn't think of until I was updating.

Since the CRT is completed this can be closed unless of course, someone objects to the additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back