• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Broadway Force
Episode 53 of SM 14:31 timestamp teeter dance was causing everyone around to dance as well

DP117 16:10 timestamp

This would apply to: Lusamine's Lilligant, Meloetta, Oricorio, Vileplume(Breeding move), Buneary, Pichu(this event and this event), Pikachu (this event,this event,this event,and this event)

Perception manipulation for Hypnosis and Gastly
Ep 182 13:50 timestamp shows perception manipulation by gastly shown here
Ep 154 4:20 timestamp, Ashs noctowl uses hypnosis to trick ash into talking to a rock because it made him perceive a random rock as pikachu. This was the first appearance of Ashs noctowl and this happened prior to being caught

Note:
Hypnosis is used as sleep manipulation. Drowzee/Hypno emits sleep waves that can be sensed with tech, implying hypnosis can possibly be used without Mind Manipulation, but by making a specific type of wave that induces sleep. And then we see in episode 86, drowzee can use hypnosis to mind control the whole city and eventually an island, without putting them to sleep. And then theres the Noctowl one above. So Hypnosis can be mind control to sleep someone, possibly non-mindhax based sleep manipulation but with sleep waves, and then just mind control without sleep, then perception manipulation above. So we know Hypnosis can have multiple uses. My question is: Do you think all these applications of Hypnosis would apply to everyone who can learn Hypnosis, or do you think it should only apply to the pokemon who have shown to use hypnosis for other uses other than sleep manipulation, and everyone else, by default, would only get sleep manipulation unless shown otherwise for their Hypnosis? Or, do you think anyone who can learn hypnosis should get sleep manip, mind control and perception manip even if they havent shown it?

Other than that, Noctowl is definitely gonna get perception manip for his Hypnosis, and gastly has it too, though its not stated what move it used, probably didnt use any.

Last edited:
Seems good, and Teeter Dance having that effect appears to be consistent throughout multiple Pokémon in the anime.

Seems good, and Teeter Dance having that effect appears to be consistent throughout multiple Pokémon in the anime.
I updated it with a question. Do you think all Hypnosis users should get perception, mind control as well, or just sleep manipulation? Or would it just apply to Noctowl since Pokemon have shown to use Hypnosis in various ways, and we have to see if they use it for other applications in the anime

I think they should stay separated due to different applications. I had the same doubt on Teeter Dance before checking other instances of it being used in the anime.

Teeter Dance is Broadway Force? I never thought about it that way, but it surprisingly makes sense.

Anyway, I agree with this and Perception Manipulation, particularly with Gastly because Ghost types are real masters at that stuff.

Gonna wait and think on Hypnosis there.

Teeter Dance is Broadway Force? I never thought about it that way, but it surprisingly makes sense.

Anyway, I agree with this and Perception Manipulation, particularly with Gastly because Ghost types are real masters at that stuff.

Gonna wait and think on Hypnosis there.
You agree with hypnosis perception manipulation just for noctowl, right? Its very likely that it would apply to others as well, just that in character they use it for sleep mostly, and a lot of times mind control.

I think they should stay separated due to different applications. I had the same doubt on Teeter Dance before checking other instances of it being used in the anime.
Just remembered how alakazam has all psychic abilities, you think he should get perception manipulation via hypnosis too? I mean gengar would get it via gastly

Oh yeah mew as well but that's when mew gets all the abilities. For mewtwo, nah, having stronger hax don't mean he has all variations of hypnosis

Yes, but only within the realm of possibilities.
In this case it makes sense for Alakazam to have it, and there are chances of it being true.

Back