• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight InFAMOUS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
The crater's small size in-game was previously assumed to be game mechanics, and John White's 5-6 block statement was taken as the actual crater size. However, even cutscenes portray the crater as relatively small, which lines up with John's statement that it "smashed" 5-6 city blocks.

Using the shockwave formula gets 688 tons, while assuming a 20-metre radius and a 10-metre depth gets almost 51.5 kilotons for the crater itself. Not all natural Conduits should scale to this value, though, as Cole comments that people in the vicinity of the blast are less powerful than the person that withstands it point-blank.

As for what this affects, it downgrades half of the verse by 7 megatons. That's all.

Last edited:
Is the crater supposed to be the place he fights Kessler because I’m not understanding what the video is showing

Is the crater supposed to be the place he fights Kessler because I’m not understanding what the video is showing
It's directly comparing the craters of two different Ray Spheres by flashing between the two of them, thereby showing that the Ray Sphere blast crater in New Marais reminded Cole of one in Empire City, which is where he fights Kessler.

The crater in the video is the one where he fought Kessler (the epicentre of the Ray Sphere blast in Empire City), and the other one in New Marais.

Because the old calc is getting thrown out. It's not very useful to have anymore, even if a new calc is done.

It's not just replacing the numbers. It's doing it from the ground up, and that's extremely unnecessary, especially since some of the crater is occluded by part of the screen.

Plus, vaporization is wrong. We see broken, melted and vaporized concrete.

I don't see how it's unnecessary when it scales to half the verse. Massively.

The scaling chain is this: Ray Sphere Blast < Post Blast Cole <<< Sasha < BOG Cole <<< Alden < Mid-Game Cole << Kessler < EOG Cole < Evil Cole.

Not having a calc for the Ray Sphere is gonna send inFAMOUS from near the top of 7-B to the bottom. A recalc is entirely necessary.

Also, the Earthquake feat comes from Kessler, who is at the top of the scaling chain. Everyone else would scale way below him thanks to the amount of amps Cole gets throughout the game. Everyone below him and Cole risks downscaling down to High 7-C if a better Ray Spere calc isn't added.

Firstly, it affects five people. Those are Cole, Kessler, Sasha, Aiden Tate and David Warner. Well under half the verse even scale to it.

Secondly, that's not even the case. Cole's current feat is a 21-megaton storm calc from the very beginning of the game. They'd still be City level, regardless, and there's a bunch of Town level to Small City level calculations from early to mid-game.

Third, Kessler's calc is also wrong. It's based on the old 5-6 block crater size.

Lastly, the Ray Sphere's explosion is below 7-C+ with a substantial high-ball, which I explained in the OP. As I said, it'd accomplish nothing.

Last edited:
I mean, that's still a considerable chunk for a verse as small as inFAMOUS, but fair enough.

Ah, my mistake. I'd mixed up what exactly everyone scales to.

Although, by that metric, wouldn't the Ray Sphere still be 7-B? Because, Cole performed that feat right after waking up from the blast and he's shown as being severely burned from it. Wouldn't hurting him make the Sphere scale to him? Not sure if that's an argument for keeping or not.

That's actually a good point. I guess we could keep it, and it makes sense because Cole would have doubled his powers with a second exposure.

I'll make the changes.

Ok, then.

I'll close it. I was just waiting to see if anyone had any problems with the edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back