• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slade vs The Ancestor: The battle of evil old men who herald ancient 5-A gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Slade (Teen Titans)

Both at Low 7-C, Slade is at his second key.

Speed is equalized. (Wasn't there a relativistic calc for teen titans? Wonder what happened to that)

Start 50m from one another.

The fight takes place in a world already surface wiped by Trigon, while the Heart of Darkness unknowingly is sleeping below. However, neither Trigon nor the Heart will be providing any extra favors, this location is just because I don't like Central Park SBA.

Slade (Teen Titans):

The Ancestor:
7 (Stillwinston, Xtasyamphetamine, DMUA, Dargoo Faust, Iapitus The Impaler, MrKingOfNegativity, Mr. Bambu, Schnee One)

Inconclusive:

Teen titans slade render by markellbarnes360-d9zi8h8
Ancestor

Now, let's get some things out of the way:

• Slade's type 2 means that the Ancestor isn't going to instantly win just by raising his hand. He's already a skeleton, not like there's much to tear off.
  • The invulnerability of the Ancestor isn't totally insurmountable, as Ancestor is likely to respond to summoning via his own clones. Damaging some of his clones can very marginally affect the Ancestor, and after a while he'll give up on the invulnerability strategy.
  • While Madness Manipulation is still a huge boon for Ancestor, I kinda doubt that it's an instant win as opposed to being something that would mount overtime, in this case.

The real cal howard said:
Ancestor: Imma flay you
Slade: Do it

.*Ancestor flays Slade*

.*Slade continues moving*

Slade: My turn.
I read Slade's lines in Ron Perlman's voice and it just made this that much better.

Ancestor's VA is also quite good. Check out Wayne June, or some lines from this game. Guess its another similarity, both got great voices.

Alright so anyways, here's what we're looking at

Slade doesn't Immediately die but will die to M A D N E S S considering he's never really looked into Raven's Soul or anything mindhaxing and unfathomable in nature from my understanding

Slade can tie the boi up and flick him until he stops moving consider how vastly above Slade is in comparison to The Ancestor AP wise

Slade's probably better at h2h while Ancestor is probably better power wise. Invulerability is countered by immortality.

How does being hard to kill counter being invunerable to damage

... I mean Slade has vastly higher AP so he'll probably still be able to break his first stage defenses but

DMUA said:
Slade can tie the boi up and flick him until he stops moving consider how vastly above Slade is in comparison to The Ancestor AP wise
>Looks at the calc the Ancestor scales to

>3.08 KT

...Yeah, Trigon's Herald!Slade bodies this. Christ.

Because Slade doesn't really suffer damage in this form. While he does feel pain, you're not gonna wear him down.

Slade's not necessarily that far above. The Sleeper blowing up the cave didn't exactly do anything to the party, and was done literally via being born. It's actual attacks that it puts effort into should be quite a bit stronger than that, and the Ancestor is still stronger than the party when you get to him. Him killing the countess pre mutation is also quite good, considering she should be on par or superior to an entire party.

Ancestor is at an AP disadvantage, but not a totally insurmountable one. Invulnerable means he lives pretty long to direct attack, though not forever as there is the weakness of imperfect reflections.

The shields of void also help in mitigating damage, though he can't get total coverage with that.

A charged attack from a 3.38 Kiloton character did zero form of damage to him

That's pretty massive advantage

Yeah don't get me wrong its quite something. I'm just saying that its not something completely unable to be mitigated. Ancestor takes no damage from party members to start, and no amount of buffing stops that. The AP feat they scale to is from a thing being born, and also didn't affect the party.

If we're talking AP/dura, I also want to point out that Robi had to be carried off by Raven after he got hit by a single low-effort fireball from Slade post-resurrection. As in, he was so badly damaged by one hit that he couldn't even walk anymore.

Slade has guided attacks in this form, so he can probably get around the shields if he tries. He's also got a mobility advantage thanks to flight, intangibility (which he uses to get through whatever's between him and whoever) and teleportation.

This version of Slade can also just touch him and shut off his powers for a few seconds, in which case he's going to be in a really bad spot. (Provided said powers are supernatural, since he never did this to a character like Starfire who's powers are biologically inherited)

Madness is more biological, though he has a magic version. While he can project madness inducing stuff into people's minds magically, he can also just stop pretending to be human.

Okay so......

Ancestor is at an AP disadvantage, but its not enough for a one shot at least. Flaying itsn't gonna do much to Slade given his current state, but it'd likely still throw him off guard the first time. For hax now......

Slade

- Intangibility

- Flight

- Power Null

- Summoning

- Illlusion Creation

Ancestor

- Madness Manip

- Mind Manip

- Summoning/Duplication

- Void Manip for sheilds

- Curse Manip

To me this seems like if Slade is gonna win he will probably need to touch Ancestor with Power Null, then go HAM on him till Ancestor goes down. It's doable. How effective would Madness Manip work on Slade, because to me this seems like "Can Ancestor keep Slade at bay long enough to win or can Slade Power Null him?" I'm willing to bet he can considering his Flight and Intangibility. But I'll lean on Ancestor with high difficulty considering Mind and Madness Manip seems to be something Slade's got no resistence towards.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Ancestor FRA.
Man I miss when Scorpion was 7-C, I would've done a match with these two.
It was tried, right before Scorpion's tier changed.

Shame, too. Herald Slade is basically what you'd get if you gave Deathstroke Scorpion's hellspawn powers.

Anyways

Yeah, flicking a 3.38 Kiloton guy into TKO vs taking on 4 guys who can no sell 3 Kiloton attacks from a thing waking up which they proceed to fight isn't nearly as one-sided as I thought. Coupled with Ancestor's easy "GG" button in the form of mindhax, along with plenty of versatility to keep up with Slade's own, I'd have to go with Lovecraft's old guy.

Ancestor FRA, but Cal's comment really makes me want to see this fight animated.

bump

bum,p

I suppose I'll go with the Ancestor as well.

Decent reasons were given for why he would take it more times than not, although I still think Slade would give him a really hard fight and could definitely pull a win in a few scenarios.

bump

Bump

Ancestor FRA tbh

Well that's 7. Grace begins.

The Ancestor's track record is starting to get crazy

Make him fight the Hunter

(no but seriously don't do that)

A simple attack with no travel time is quite the ability in of itself lol

This madlad is going places

Who can stop him

The answer is, "lol I dunno"

Well a lot can