• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Old legends who've lost something dear to them who end up in something of a mentorship role to the protagonist while clearly not showing their hand yet, who also both have affiliations with spatial tearing and advanced knowledge of the future. They're also both really tall.

Skull Knight vs Iori, the Purple Tear

Skull Knight's AP: Upscales from 119 tons
Iori's AP: 203 tons, plus amps

Skull Knight's speed: 148484.66039 m/s, ~mach 433
Iori's speed: Substantial upscaling from 85452 m/s, ~mach 249, plus her much faster burst movement

Skull Knight being a skeleton should stop Iori's ridiculous blood loss infliction from spoiling the match, and likewise Iori's teleport should stop using the sword of actuation to make a portal to the void from doing the same. Fight takes place in Selaco's streets, because I've been playing that game and I think it's good. Each starts across the street from one another.

Skull Knight:
Iori: 9 (Tllmbrg, Crimson, Polandballczechball, MysticBrawler, InfiniteDay, Tomfer, Mand21, Jiangshi1, Tyranno223)

Last edited:
We like older women.

(I have no actual analysis I wish to give on the matchup)

The speed difference probably isn't going to matter due to the burst and the upscaling
The attack difference is not even x2 so ehhh on it mattering, both fighters use swords so they are just cutting each other up.

I do think however Iori's vastly superior LS means she about wins any clash of swords since she can push Skull with no issue. Also, the fact that Iori's deflection can stop Skull's spatial cutting sword is another edge in her favor. Iori also has the benefit of info analysis and once per battle get out of jail card in the form of her probability manipulation.
Skill idk either verse that deeply, and both are also highly acrobatic, so this neutral category gives neither one an edge.

I'll vote Iori since Skull Knight's only edge is just not big enough for it to make up for Iori easily pushing him back in any sword clash they have and having more useful abilities here.

Probability manipulation isn't once per battle, it's more or less once per attack. Counted it anyways

Iori’s got more range, precog and can block the space slash. The slash spam should bridge the speed gap too. She got my vote.

Iori’s got more range, precog and can block the space slash. The slash spam should bridge the speed gap too. She got my vote.
Skull Knights is at least 100's of meters, Iori's only at 10's with her basic attacks. Still shouldn't matter, because Iori can just deflect SK's main attack.

Iori FRA.

Some things to note which this match has brought up: Skull Knight's lifting strength is supposed to be Class K, not Superhuman, and we know this because Guts is already there. Whoever updated Guts forgot about the others I guess. This doesn't matter much because Iori's at M. Skull Knight's range also isn't uniformly hundreds of meters, that's the space rift thing.

Anyways, currently 6-0 for Iori.

Honestly had to think on this one. SK has range, and I feel he should have a boatload more experince and the speed advantage but that'd be less helpful when Iori has access to the T Corp Assassination device (although, I suppose you can argue cosmic awareness makes that moot?), and as stated above, superior perception and ways to deflect some of Skully's attacks. Leaning Iori FRA in the end

Honestly had to think on this one. SK has range, and I feel he should have a boatload more experince and the speed advantage but that'd be less helpful when Iori has access to the T Corp Assassination device (although, I suppose you can argue cosmic awareness makes that moot?), and as stated above, superior perception and ways to deflect some of Skully's attacks. Leaning Iori FRA in the end
I don't think the T Corp. device is that relevant given that Skull Knight is already super old and his plan with Void is basically just already to wait for his attack to eventually work, since he knows he's eventually fated to take him out but doesn't know when. He's (probably) older than her but I wouldn't give him skill off that alone. Nobody's really brought that angle up but ik some stuff for both parties there if needed.

Skull Knight's range isn't uniformly that huge, that's mostly for the void portal. The slash that chopped Ganishka in half was manipulated by Griffith and as a result probably not really representative of the regular output.

The deflection thing is funny cause I'm kinda surprised nobody mentioned her autocounter stuff lol

8-0 Iori, grace period

Closing and adding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back