• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skulduggery Pleasant Lord Vile stuff

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
What i'd like to add: Lord Vile has basically no Feats, however, quite a lot of them are around Wall Level to Small Building Level, this will be covering DeathBringer, so Darquesse is isn't that strong, hell, she's even weaker than a few accelerator boosted fodder (they aren't fodder, but compared to normal Darquess they are).

I am going to cut some dialogue out for the sake of space.

Punched her into the ground hard enough to wreck the ground:

He ducked under the punch and grabbed her low, lifting her off her feed, taking her to the grass. His fists came down, battering her face. She tried to wrap her legs around his waist but his armour expanded, keeping her from locking her ankles together. His fists were hammers, driving her into the ground, the earth giving way beneath her. An extraordinary sensation.

Withstood a headbutt hard enough to break boulders:

She reached up with one hand, her fingers gripping his armour, and she pulled him down to her as she rose up, slamming her forehead into his armour-plated face with enough force to break boulders. Vile swayed slightly and she heaved herself out of the depression, flipping them both over, just like Skulduggery had taught her. Had taught Valkyrie. Whatever.

Blasts strong enough to melt metal and turn concrete to dust only stagger him:

The energy that enveloped him would have turned rock to dust, but all it did to Vile was set him staggering to the metal shutter covering the shop window. The shutter melted, the glass shattered and another alarm rang out. Darquesse leaped to the top of the steps and she barged into him, taking them both through the window into the shop.

Slams into a road hard enough to churn it up:

She tried to look down at what they were flying towards but the wind was blowing her hair in the way. She wrapped her legs around Vile's waist, grabbed him where she could, and flipped, so that now she was the pilot forcing him down. And now that her hair was out of the way, she could see what they were heading towards. O'Connell Street, in the middle of Dublin.

Darquesse lay there in the broken road, looking up at the suddenly starless sky in the last few moments of her life, and she managed a shaky laugh.

Lord Vile lay a few feet away. He wasn't moving.

Headlights swept in and she turned. A taxi slowed to a stop, and the driver got out. He looked at her, looked at Vile, looked at the churned-up road.

Resists Magic from Kitana, who's stronger than him:

Kitana waved her arm and Vile flew backwards, smashing through the wall. She reached out with both hands, straining, and Vile contorted amid the rubble. Magic twisted the spaces between them, invisible to the human eye but oh so obvious to Darquesse, who saw things much more clearly. Kitana was trying to tear Vile apart. It was fascinating to see, this girl with so much undeserved power going up against a weaker but more skilled opponent. And she was trying so hard, bless her. Her teeth were gritted, muscles were straining, and sweat was starting to pour down her red face. She was putting everything she had into this, but Darquesse's brand-new partner still managed to hold himself together. What an impressive creature he was.

Shadow Manipulation easily overpower's Kitana's Gang, each of which are stronger than him:

Doran grinned, oblivious to the shadows coiling behind him. Vile emerged silently. Darquesse wanted to shout encouragement to him. He didn't know that they no longer had their force fields. He couldn't see magic as Darquesse saw magic. She tried to tell him to just go for it, destroy the brain, but she had no mouth with which to speak.

Shadows wrapped round Doran's head and yanked him back. Kitana whirled, straight into a wave of darkness that drove her to the ground. Sean stumbled, panicking, and shadow-knives raked across his face, drawing blood.

Vile saw the blood and cocked his head, figuring it all out for himself.

Nearly kills Kitana with Shadow Manip:

Vile shadow-walked behind Kitana but she must have sensed him because she whirled, pushed him back against the wall, her fingers digging into his chest. Shadows snapped at her but she ignored them. She was trying to tear his armour off. Suddenly the armour parted, revealing the shirt and tie beneath, and Kitana uttered a laugh of triumph, mistakenly assuming she had won. Instead, the armour came back, slicing through her hands as it re-formed. Kitana staggered, her fingers dropping to the ground, and Vile struck her with a spiked fist, caving in half her face. He then sent a spear of darkness into her throat, pinning her to the wall. Vile was about to take her head off when Sean dived at him. Kitana fell to her hands and knees and Vile flipped Sean over his hip.

Vile also stomped Bliss, who is far stronger than Duggery, and a bunch of Cleavers, and is undoubtedly the strongest of the Three Generals by scaling alone.

I suppose that it seems fine to list summaries of these feats in his page.

If you want to go through Kingdom of the Wicked for feats from the kids (acell boosted or no) that would be good. Just to see if they've got anything.

Thank you for the imput.

I haven't read that one, though i will do so now. I thought Dying Light was when he was accelerator boosted.

Anyway, was Darquess building level during Death Bringer? if so Vile could be building level, which isn't inconsistent with his displayed power level.

Most of her feats around that point are just wall level, but there might be something during their fight. Death Bringer is the one book I don't have though

So is it Death Bringer, KoTW, LSoDM and DoTL you want feats for Vile from? Any other characters you want me to look up, just let me know.

If you are up to, have the time, etc it then sure.

I'll also find some feats, but tomorrow.

Since it has been accepted, i will add these feats to his page, but we are still discussing stuff.

Hey, when they say Melancholia's looping Surge is eventually going to make her explode, do we get a statement of how much destruction that would cause?

They talk about it near the end of book 6 and maaaybe book 9 when Val wakes her up.

I'll look into it. Is there like a specific chapter you can round it down to?

According to the wiki it would be on a nuclear scale. But i think i found the chapter.

"Her power was surging and looping and going nuts. She could have gone off at any time."

"Gone off?"

"Like a bomb, Nye said. "Like a small nuke, in fact. All that uncontrolled magic just… exploding. Scary stuff. And all because of you and your friends."

It's not inconsistent for Vile to be at Town to Small City Levels without an accelerator boost, but it's kind of strange considering the parts of the story.

Also, I just want to bring this up here, but WoG says Darquesse might be kicking the asses of the Faceless Ones.

Or getting her ass kicked, but hey, it's confirmed that she is possibly not dead!

Cool, so she might be back for a Midnight.

I just remembered something, in the fight, as mentioned before, he was equaling and physically overpowering Darquesse, at that time she could tear people in two, tear people's heads off, as well as their limbs, that should be a Class 1 upgrade right?

Probably.

When did she tear people in two? I only remember her kicking someone's brain out of his head as a physical feat?

Wait nevermind. She pulled off Sean's head.

She stated she'd do so to a Taxi Driver, and honestly it's believable with what she's shown.

Considering he's an accelerator boosted Sorcerer who likely has At least Wall Level Durability, i think Class 5 is fair, Bloodshot's profile has him at a similar level.

I forgot something, Darquesse is class 5 in general.

I was talking about it being on her profile already.

May i upgrade Vile's lifting?

To what?

Lifting strength doesn't equal striking strength, so being AP comparable to Darq doesn't necessarily mean he is as strong lifting stregth wise

At the very least, his shadows can lift up a bunch of people's impaled bodies at once

He was capable of struggling against Darquesse's physical force, pushing against her, so that's class 5. I'll try to find the specific mention.

"His left hand grabbed her wrist, squeezed it so tightly her bones broke".

"He reached to her with his right hand, his armoured glove finding her face, his thumb seeking her eye. She turned her head but he had a good grip".

"Her held her off the ground with his left hand and hit her with his right".

"Vile had his arms around her and was pulling her away. They tumbled out of the sky. For a moment it looked like they might smash into the fire engine speeding across O'Connell Bridge, but Vile changed their trajectory and they hit the water, went deep into the Liffey, and Vile lost his grip".

That should also be mentioned, it should be higher (Casually restrained Kitana's gang and Darquesse, even to the point where they could not move at all. Can easilly lift dozens of people, and tear them apart.)

Shouldn't Vile be scaled to Melancholia, who's power Doctor Nye compared to a small nuke? And this was Melancholia "weakened", as Vile fought her while she had the life energy of 300 sorcerers and still got stomped. Even, Skulduggery stated that the power she had with the sorcerers Vile achieved it naturally.

Also, in Death Bringer, Darquesse stated that if she concentrated, she could do yhe city turned to dust thing, yet considered Vile tougher than her.

And in this same novel, Melancholia reacted and blocked Machine Gun fire from Skulduggery.

Capture 2018-03-10-15-10-58

(Will be uploading the rest of the scans in a bit)

In regards to Melancholia: Not even she herself scales to that (except as suicide move possibly).

There is a difference between the total energy a character has and the energy a character can put into any single attack.

Consider: You are unable to ever put so much of your bodies energy into a single punch that throwing the punch would instantly tire you out. The same it is for most characters with their attacks. They can not fire a single attack with all of the energy they have.

Melancholia has small nuke level energy in total, but is not suggested to be able to imbue any single attack with that much power (except she blows herself up).

Also I am not quite sure how high darquesse early on durability actually is. She appears to be a bit of a glass canon to me. At least if she is not currently consciously amping her durability.

The dust thing is on her profile already as a "possibly". And a possibly it should be given that she herself isn't entirely sure and it isn't really said whether we really talk about a single attack either.

In regards to the bullet feat: Maybe for reactions. Viles armor has done automatic defense against bullets by manifesting clouds of darkness before. So one thing to debate is if that is an automatic reaction as well. The other thing necessary is an estimation of the distance between the two.

But it will probably not come out as impressive as you think. Skulduggery uses a .38 Smith and Wesson revolver. If these bullets are what is used for them, then his bullets are only subsonic+.

Also, there is this feat of Skulduggery where he lowered the temparature of Gordon's ground floor so that it could keep alive the bodies of the 300 sorcerers Melancholia took their
Capture 2018-03-10-13-10-34
souls from.

Ah, didn't see you responded, @DT.

I showed the Melancholia bit as support for the ash thing, as Skulduggery stated she wasn't nearly as strong as Vile was, even with the life force of 300 sorcerers, some of which were the strongest in the world. Even, Skulduggery stated that he would've cracked the world with Vile's power (altought this one I don't think should be taken literally).

Capture 2018-03-10-13-22-55
About the bullets, I don't think he was using his signature Smith&Wisson. Will have to double check.

Also, there are others speed feats, but even if legit, I think they would be outliers. Like Tesseract reacting to electricity:

Capture 2018-03-09-14-32-50
Or Valkyrie "narrowly dodging" a beam of light from a Warlock:

Capture 2018-03-10-00-41-18

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Shouldn't Vile be scaled to Melancholia, who's power Doctor Nye compared to a small nuke? And this was Melancholia "weakened", as Vile fought her while she had the life energy of 300 sorcerers and still got stomped. Even, Skulduggery stated that the power she had with the sorcerers Vile achieved it naturally.
This was discusssed above.

Also thank you for the scans and thermokinesis abilities.

@Fhfhg

Lol, somehow I missed it. Probably thought you were discussing exclusively about Darquesse and people from the novels I haven't read yet.

Oh, and no prob!

I'd be happy to use them on his profile if that's fine with you.

Sure! I'd be happy I contributed even if a little bit.

Edit: Which btw, I also have a scan of Skulduggery stopping the blast of a hand grenade with wind-forcefield. Could futher reinforce his tier:

Capture 2018-03-10-03-43-18

I've added most of them now.

So were you considering a supersonic reaction speed upgrade? It's consistent with Darquesse punching at bullet speed.

So he outflew an explosion, pretty consistent since darquesse experienced a mortar explosion in slow mo.

Nice. Should really finish the series, lol.

BTW, you putted the heat manip on Lord Vile's tab. He does that when he's Skulduggery.

Edit: I noticed there is a lack of scans regarding his resistances. I can provide the death gauntlet one for Skulduggery and the death bubble for Lord Vile.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Ah, didn't see you responded, @DT.
I showed the Melancholia bit as support for the ash thing, as Skulduggery stated she wasn't nearly as strong as Vile was, even with the life force of 300 sorcerers, some of which were the strongest in the world.
Thing is: Vile > Melancholia, means "Energy Vile can put into a single attack" > "Energy Melancholia can put into a single attack", not "Energy Vile can put into a single attack" > "All energy Melancholia has in her body"

Actually stonger also has a lot to do with skill. Vile is ridiculously more skilled than both Darquesse and Melancholia.

Regarding the lightning and light: Actually less outliers than simply magical light/lightning. These kind of things are usually not acknowledged to have real lightning/light speed without further proof.

And for the explosion feat... the same. Magical explosions are not assumed to have the speed of real explosions (in this case it is less an explosion than an expanding ball of magical energy to begin with)

If we are already talking about the mortar explosion btw... Wanted to mention it for some time, but in the end never got to it: Explosions don't move with detonation velocity. Detonation velocity measures how fast the explosion propagates through the explosive material itself. In reality the speed is dependend on distance and the amount of the explosive. The shockfront velocity calculateable with this calculator is be a better measurment.

Back