• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm surprised no one has done this yet

Future Connected Shulk vs Master Driver Rex and endgame Pneuma

Speed equalized

I'll restrict Rex if it ends up being a stomp

SBA

Who wins?

XC1 Protag:
XC2 Waifu:
Incon:

Last edited:
Can you at least link the profiles? I think Pneuma wins via better deconstruction and light manipulation

This match actually was done years back which ended in a victory for Shulk. I know they have both been through a lot changes but honestly the end result doesn't really change.

Shulk is higher on the scaling chain than Pneuma. His Precog is far better. Pneuma doesn't have an answer for the Passage of Fate which will passively be in effect. Monado III connects to Alvis so Pneuma's High-Godly isn't going to be a problem, especially since Alvis has all of Pnuema's abilities...and Malos'...and every single blade in Xenoblade.

Shulk is higher on the scaling chain than Pneuma. His Precog is far better, Pneuma doesn't have an answer for the Passage of Fate which will passively be in effect. Monado III connects to Alvis so Pneuma's High-Godly isn't going to be a problem, especially since Alvis has all of Pnuema's abilities...and Malos'...and every single blade in Xenoblade.
His precog isn't better, prove its passive. Pneuma has all of Alvis' powers but to a greater extent

His precog isn't better, prove its passive. Pneuma has all of Alvis' powers but to a greater extent
It's already listed. Shulk's precog can bypass Acausality which Pneuma doesn't even have. It isn't to a greater extent since Alvis is FAR superior to Pneuma.

It's already listed. Shulk's precog can bypass Acausality which Pneuma doesn't even have. It isn't to a greater extent since Alvis FAR superior to Pneuma.
Pneuma's precog is the same thing, and him bypassing acausality is useless if Pneuma doesn't even have it. His fate manipulation isn't gonna be a win con

Precog isn'tt quite the same. At least not in Monado III anyway since it connects to Alvis. Uh...how exactly does that make it useless? If anything it actually means it's guaranteed to work on them. Fate and Causality Hax isn't a win con by itself but it's going to affect both of them and from there Shulk can just kill them.

Last edited:
It'll do whatever the user wants to happen. That's kind of the point. True she does share most of Shulk's Hax, but having hax and resisting them are two different beasts. Alvis is also on a different level than her which is why not everything he has is downscaled to her.

Last edited:
Just look them up on the powers and abilities page.
"whatever the user wants to happen" is way too vague. The justifications on the page talk about how the passage of fate helps shulk, but what does it even do? Its not like it makes him fated to always win a battle. Its unquantifiable so its useless here. I think Pneuma being able to shoot laser beams is a more useful ability

I don't really see how it's vague. Fate Manipulation is controlling destiny, whatever events you want to have happen will happen unless whatever you're using your Fate Hax on resists it. It's pretty straight forward but since you love ignoring stuff to argue in your favor I'm done wasting my time with you.

Last edited:
I don't really see how it's vague. Fate Manipulation is controlling destiny, whatever events you want to have happen will happen unless whatever you're using your Fate Hax on resists it.
It depends on what the fate manipulation actually does. Its not this instant win hax. Shulk has literally lost fights before

Can you prove Pneuma's able to precog acausal beings? Because Shulk has that on his page which makes his precog a tier higher than hers.

You assume they’re the same? Despite foresight functioning nothing like Shulk’s visions as we clearly see when Mythra appeared for the first time? Shulk has far better precognition feats than Mythra and she’s never shown to use Alvis’ abilities in character.

You assume they’re the same? Despite foresight functioning nothing like Shulk’s visions as we clearly see when Mythra appeared for the first time? Shulk has far better precognition feats than Mythra and she’s never shown to use Alvis’ abilities in character.
So what if Shulk can see the future of Pneuma? Pneuma will just use an AOE attack

An AOE attack ain't doing shit to shulk when Alvis is warping Shulk's fate to let him win and be the true god.

Congratulations on not paying attention to the thread when Monado 3 shulk is being used, not Monado 2 shulk. The former had Alvis make the new monado for shulk and **** Zanza's powers over to let shulk win.

Congratulations on not paying attention to the thread when Monado 3 shulk is being used, not Monado 2 shulk. The former had Alvis make the new monado for shulk and **** Zanza's powers over to let shulk win.
How much stronger is his fate manipulation with monado 3? Quantify it and quantify what the fate manipulation even does

I literally told you what his fate hax lets him do with alvis in this state, that and he has passive timestop which means she's not doing jack shit anyways so rip Pneuma.

Literally the Xenoblade 1 encyclopedia states Alvis used the passage of fate itself to help shulk in his journey to stop Zanza. Also are you going to address the passive timestop or not because that renders Pneuma unable to do shit since she lacks resistances.

should I restrict Alvis from both of them ot make it more fair

ngl I'm just a fan of the series and I have no clue what the heck these guys actually do hax wise

Shulk is higher on the scaling chain than Pneuma. His Precog is far better. Pneuma doesn't have an answer for the Passage of Fate which will passively be in effect. Monado III connects to Alvis so Pneuma's High-Godly isn't going to be a problem, especially since Alvis has all of Pnuema's abilities...and Malos'...and every single blade in Xenoblade.
don't Shulk and Pneuma both scale to mollywhopping the likes of Zanza and The Architect. who are technically the same person?

What's the passage of fate?

Is there a way I can restrict Alvis without making the match an AP stomp?

Is that all you have to argue? Because this is just pathetic if you’re only argument is “we don’t know” despite the fact we do.

Is that all you have to argue? Because this is just pathetic if you’re only argument is “we don’t know” despite the fact we do.
No we don't, its not stated that it is the passage of fate's control which removed Zanza's power and gave shulk the monado iii in the second final cutscene. We just know Alvis used it to help Shulk, but the specific things it does aren't confirmed. You can't just assume every feat Shulk does is due to fate manipulation.

or should I just make it Future Connected shulk to make it fair?
Change to FC or time stop will make it a stomp

Back