• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Arceus

Chance doesn't operate that way, no.

Slowing down a coin flip doesn't change the odds from being 50/50, you are just physically preventing the result because the world can't act on it.

May not be the best example, but you get the idea.

Abstractions said:
Chance doesn't operate that way, no.
Slowing down a coin flip doesn't change the odds from being 50/50, you are just physically preventing the result because the world can't act on it.
But slowing down the coin flip would allow you to stop it from landing on the side you dont want it on though.

Or for a better example, if someone uses probability hax to make an attack miss them, and you slow down time, your decreasing their chances of avoiding it.

Kukui Probability is as just as much a sub-power of Time Manipulation as Fate and Causality, as in just because they seem to do similar jobs and seem to work sorta similar does not mean they are the same, and also your examples are kinda very poor as that's like saying you can change Fate by slowing down time.

But anyway does anyone know if Alvis has feats of affecting other Abstract Type 1?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Basically, my point is time related stuff should be a get out of jail free card for proability.
Depends on the PM. Some PM effects the opponent's character or causes technique malfunctions. So it really depends. Also depends on idf Arceus uses TM to counter it.

But slowing the down coin flip would allow you to stop it from landing on the side you dont want it on though.
But you have not fundamentally changed the 50/50, just slowed down its course.

Or for a better example, if someone uses probability hax to make an attack miss them, and you slow down time, your decreasing their chances of avoiding it.
Not really, if I set your odds of hitting me to 0% even if I stood still, you still wouldn't hit me even if you altered time.

You might be confusing this with Luck.

Alvis doesn't have any feats of affecting other Abstracts that I know of, but I don't think Arceus has conceptual manipulation on his profile either.

That would argubly be NLFish to say even a time slow wouldnt change the odds since thats assuming your PM isnt effected by factors of time.

Then again, your probably right that I might be confusing this with Luck.

Yeah, and I doubt he can Incap Shulk anyway that Alvis can't reverse, as I doubt Absorbing Shulk's power and turning it into a plate will work. So Incon I guess.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Arceus does have type 3 CM on his profile but hey apparently not all abilities need to be listed on profiles.
That's not what was debated upon in the beginning. What was debated upon where that the abilities on the profiles were agreed by knowledgeable members to be passive.

Type 3 Concept Manip is not enough to affect Abstract Existence Type 1, and Nah Rimuru is Rimuru because of his Raective Evolution and tons of Hax, Shulk is haxed but not that haxed, he's more like Arceus in that Abstract Existence prevents anyone from doing anything to permanently deal with him allowing him to hax them to oblivion.

Oh nvm then, also I apologize if I sounded snarky (I've seen a couple threads turn into crapshoots when folks took advantage of the opponents lack of knowledge of the opposing verse to use abilities that weren't on the profile until the admins/moderators chimed in).

Anyway this looks like a incon to me (I bet a potential Shulk Vs Rimuru will likely end the same way).

@The Axiom of Virgo No worries, I can't exactly blame you since you have seen stuff like that. I apologize too if I came off a bit rude as well. Anyway I'll put you down for Inconclusive too.

I wonder how Shulk will fair against DBH or Super Mario in 2-B? (I know WH40K is above his pay grade) and the 2-A tier is self-exploratory.

Stomps, Arceus also does because of Abstract Existence, and the one's above Arceus has Acausality Type 5 which Alvis can't do anything as far as I know.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
I wonder how Shulk will fair against DBH or Super Mario in 2-B? (I know WH40K is above his pay grade) and the 2-A tier is self-exploratory.
He did lose to Mecikabura, but that was before he got passive Probabiltiy Manipulation and Alvis getting AE Type 1, as for Super Mario...don't know

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Mario arguably has conceptual manipulation, but I'd rather talk about that another day to avoid re-railing the thread.

Can't wait till I pit 2-C Shulk against Novel Kars. If that doesn't work, then I might do the Eyes of Heaven Jojo stuff like HA!Dio and HA!Jotaro, and see how that goes.

Back