• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shrinking a Black Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Is there a calculation formula for shrinking a black hole? I am trying to do this particular feat where it was crushed so hard, it shrunk in size.

You will have to ask some experienced calc group members about this, for example DontTalkDT, Ugarik, and Executor N0. However, it was likely just an unrealistic story convenience.

Not a calc group member or even overly knowledgeable but from my basic understanding of physics whats in that video is so impossible it needs to be expressed in orders of magnitude. I know this site sometimes has to go into the theortical but...Theres just nothing there to actually be calced, no theory, no numbers, nothing I can think of would allow for the formulation of such a calc. Saying all that an interesting visual none the less...

So this feat could be a potential outlier since its uncalcable, or is it just using some ability to shrink it?

Id say outlier? Im not sure if there is currently any ability that fits the bill, add onto that the artistic style in which the feat was done and I think it would be safe to leave it as an outlier especially if such a feat never happens again.

What I think this is is just using some sort of non-attacking Reality Warping, Gravity Manipulation, or Matter Manipulation, but its hard to know for sure how that was possible.

Also, would a "possibly higher" rating be applicable here, or no?

from my understanding no, feeding energy/radiation into a black hole will only increase its size. Thoretically the only way to "Blow up" A black hole is to wait for the hawking radiation being released by the event horizon to outweigh the background radition black holes absorb, at which point it will begin to shrink and eventually reach a microscopic size at which point it could theortically "Blow up"

But this process would take incredibly long time. Even then the point is nothing is being added to the black hole, its loosing radiation adding anything will only serve to increase its size/lifespan.

There is literaly nothing to crush. Black hole is not an object/selestial body. It's just an impossible to escape area in space. And singularity is just a 1 dimentional point so it can not be crushed either

DontTalkDT and Ugarik are two of our most skilled calc group members, and what they are saying is correct. Again, we should close this.

Im gonna guess this is likely the work of reality warping to crush it? Because it WAS implied that the black hole got crushed.

One more thing. If you cant get AP from it, can you still get the durability from this feat at least?

couldn't you just get kinetic energy for whatever is moving the black hole at this point?

https://youtu.be/m_7nnajnaI8?t=649

never watched the series tho so dunno if the chars have sizes you can use to find the relative size of the black hole and how fast it was moving in that scene

I potentially can, however, this still would not stop it from making this an outlier. Also, can I still get the abilities of this feat even if its an outlier? Such as Non-Physical Interaction, since Four was somehow physically interacting with Black Hole while crushing him.

Yes. We should probably close this thread.

Very well, Antvasima. I have answered all the questions I needed. If this feat is further proven consistent, the expect me to make another thread of it if it were to happen. You may close it.

Okay. Thank you for being reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back