• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shredder downgrade?

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator

“Universe level+ with preparations, Multiverse level+ via chain reaction (Was going to destroy Turtle Prime, which would end up destroying the multiverse in the process, which has been described as infinite multiple times)”

Wouldn’t this just be Low 2-C? It’s literally only destroying one universe, with the profile acknowledging the rest of the multiverse would only cease to exist via chain reaction.

I don’t see the problem either. It’s common to give people tiers off of ‘Chain Reactions’. Kowalski (Penguins of Madagascar) has it, Doofenshmirtz has it, even characters such as SCP-682 have it via their stupid ‘Universe-Ending Death’ abilities.
Is it the Chain Reaction thing that‘s got your goat?

My issue is that he’s specifically only affecting one universe, whereas 2-A is given to characters that affect infinite universes. Here he’s only affecting the Verse’s entire cosmology through what is an essentially a domino effect.

Yes. Indeed. And he is rated as 2-A for this Domino Effect. This is because, unlike plenty characters who can blow up a universe or something, this guy can do it whenever he wants. In a fight, he is capable of toppling the domino. And that is why he has the tier.

Actually one more thing

Why is he Town level?

No other feat for that era of the show is anywhere near it and the Sword of Tengu caps at building level (Even ignoring that it's entirely possible for an 8-C weapon to wipe out a small village over time)

There's no link to the statement and no supporting feats at all and it completely ignores any in universe limitations to the characters in the setting

I think it's just back scaling from Raphael's Season 5 key.

At least Town level (His "Banrai" Sai were stated to be able to shatter mountains by Juto-Shisho)

You can make another revision thread for this if you want.

Yes. Indeed. And he is rated as 2-A for this Domino Effect. This is because, unlike plenty characters who can blow up a universe or something, this guy can do it whenever he wants. In a fight, he is capable of toppling the domino. And that is why he has the tier.
Is the domino itself Multiversal?

Would anyone who can destroy a universe, come in and destroy turtle prime, automatically destroy the multiverse?

Does that domino effect applies to all cosmologies in verse equalization, even tho it's not Shedder's hax?

I think it's just back scaling from Raphael's Season 5 key.

At least Town level (His "Banrai" Sai were stated to be able to shatter mountains by Juto-Shisho)

You can make another revision thread for this if you want.
Except

1) Donnie is always dominated by Shredder

2) No mention of his backscaling is on the page so it's dishonest

3) This is a thread about Shredder downgrades so it should be here

The 2-A stat should be limited by his own multiverse as he needs to kill the og TMNT there to destroy it. That needs to be in his profile.

Well, it is technically impossible to destroy an entire 2-A sized multiverse one by one, or even via 2-B feats. Approaching infinity doesn't mean they ever reach infinity. So there would be some kind of 2-A thing regarding some kind of dimensional distortions. Eficiente makes sense though.

I brought up the Town level debate a long time ago, and so have others. There's no calc for it, and even the "Laying villages to waste" is an 8-B feat at best according to Fan of RPGs. But a while back, I said we should calculate that Tornado feat from the Wind Ninja; doubt it will reach high results though.

Now that I think about it they're some issues with the 2003 TMNT justifications.

Small Town level (Tanked a direct blast from the Sword of Tengu, which "laid villages to waste" and "brought castles to the ground". Took hits from mutants who "Shook the City")

Laying waste to villages in an unknown time frame and destroying castles of unknown size. And there's no calc for the "shaking the city" stuff.

Destroying mountains seems to range from Low 7-B to 7-A, not 7-C.

Supersonic with Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Reacted to lightning bolts from the Mystic Ninjas)

Isn't dodging lightning Massively Hypersonic?

Last edited:
Shattering mountains happened in the Ninja Tribunal Arc, and it was via Acolyte powers. Which speaking of the Ninja Tribunal, Tengu Shredder and the Dragons are fine, but it's everyone being downscaled from him is where a lot of issues stem from.

Damn, there's a lot of things being discussed. But still, the lightning things and the Sword's Tornado need calculations.

I believe it was discussed in the blog and in that other content revision that they didn't have enough evidence to be real lasers.

Back