• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Showa Godzilla Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
They kinda can, depending on how far into said tier they are and how low the stronger character is in the tier.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
You are wrong. They all easily got overpowered by Godzilla. Scaling does not work like that. Krillin cut off Frieza's tail but isn't Star level.
This seems like a lie to me. Did you watch the movies?

That is wrong also. MechaGodzilla got destroyed by Godzilla in close range, Titanosaurus had outside help, though I concede about Hedorah. Godzilla still defeated Gigan and many other monsters. Your reasoning is faulty.
No, they didnt. A LOT of kaiju were able to fight/harm godzilla or someone who did, meaning they scale to him. Just because Godzilla ended up beating them does not discredit the damage they did to him.

All of them, i had to because i remade every single damn Godzilla verse profile on the wiki

And yet their beam clash left Godzilla severely injured, and MG stomped kaiju on Godzilla's level. Gigan did arguable the most damage to Godzilla out of any Kaiju in the entire Showa Era

Kepekley23 said:
They kinda can, depending on how far into said tier they are and how low the stronger character is in the tier.
They're saying 7-Cs can harm 7-Bs but not be 7-B.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Why couldn't a 7-C character with help slightly harm (but still get overpowered easily) by a 7-B character?
Because he gap between those two tiers is huge

I kind of see dozens being a little of a stretch, as they usually are able to somewhat grapple with Godzilla, even Eribrah could do so for a little bit, and he had his arms torn off by Godzilla.

Gap between the highest-end of 7-C and the lowest end of 7-B is 8.8x, so no, they couldn't cause significant, if any harm to the 7-B char.

No, they didnt. A LOT of kaiju were able to fight/harm godzilla or someone who did, meaning they scale to him. Just because Godzilla ended up beating them does not discredit the damage they did to him.

All of them, i had to because i remade every single damn Godzilla verse profile on the wiki

And yet their beam clash left Godzilla severely injured, and MG stomped kaiju on Godzilla's level. Gigan did arguable the most damage to Godzilla out of any Kaiju in the entire Showa Era

Most of those monsters are weaker than him and, I say again, needed much outside help to do so. Godzilla is stronger than them.

I disagree with a lot of your Showa profiles.

Godzilla is still stronger than both of them. Also, King Caesar is not on Godzilla's level. Gigan has always been overpowered by Godzilla.

Kepekley23 said:
Gap between the highest-end of 7-C and the lowest end of 7-B is 8.8x, so no, they couldn't cause significant, if any harm to the 7-B char.
They rarely caused any significant harm to Godzilla or Ghidorah.

Kaiser, your logic seems to be that if the character was overpowered by Godzilla they don't scale.

If they can do anything meaningful to Godzilla or fight against him they scale. End of story.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Most of those monsters are weaker than him and, I say again, needed much outside help to do so. Godzilla is stronger than them.

I disagree with a lot of your Showa profiles.

Godzilla is still stronger than both of them. Also, King Caesar is not on Godzilla's level. Gigan has always been overpowered by Godzilla.
They still damaged Godzilla, stop ignoring that fact.

Thats a nice opinion

He was getting ovepowered by them. Gigan still dealt massive damage to Godzilla, so he scales

They still damaged Godzilla, stop ignoring that fact. Which ones? Fodder like Ebirah, Megalon, Gabara, numerous others made absolutely no lasting effect to Godzilla

He was getting ovepowered by them. Gigan still dealt massive damage to Godzilla, so he scales If you watched them you would know that he was not getting overpowered by them. Gigan went down after one heat beam and even got overpowered by Anguirus. Gigan possibly scales via his buzzsaw.

Kaiser, your logic seems to be that if the character was overpowered by Godzilla they don't scale.

If they can do anything meaningful to Godzilla or fight against him they scale. End of story.

They sort of...don't. Also, does this mean that Krillin scales to Final Form Frieza or is that a false equivalency?

The Everlasting said:

No Ever, that's not what he's saying.

He's already agreed to some characters legit harming Godzilla consistently being able to scale. But he's saying that when Godzilla beats these guys to the curb with no effort and the worst they could do was push him around a little when they had the help of several others and still lost, they shouldn't scale.

And that I agree with. You can't scale someone who got stomped to the stomper; it doesn't work, since the two aren't comparable.

Gigan did somewhat grapple with Godzilla without weapons in some of the other movies, much better than Ebirah (i kept saying Eribrah sorry).

Two 7-Cs teaming up to take down a 7-B definitely doesn't work. Your average 7-B is, like, 25 megatons. The absolute highest end of 7-C is 99 kilotons. This is a difference of 250 TIMES.

Weekly and Ever are more than right here.

The first one is Zone Fighter, not a canon Toho film

What tells you that it is not canon?

The third one wasnt Gigan and Megalon at all

I made a mistake. It was Titanosaurus.

Your average 7-B is, like, 25 megatons.

This is 11 megatons. The monster who performed the megaton feat got killed by Godzilla, Anguirus and Gorosaurus as a team.

The absolute highest end of 7-C is 99 kilotons. This is a difference of 250 TIMES.

What is your point?

Zone Fighter is a TV show that just happens to have Godzilla characters guest star.

Using Godzilla feats from that is like using feats from Super Sentai when Kamen Rider characters appear.

Adding onto this, there is no monster canonically stronger than Godzilla apart from Ghidorah. In Showa, Ghidorah has always been stated to be stronger than any other monster. How would the bottom tiers scale to Ghidorah?

The fact that these characters scale despite what you keep insisting.

How do characters how never even damaged Godzilla or needed considerable help scale to him defeating a 11 megaton enemy who is the god tier?

This is 11 megatons. The monster who performed the megaton feat got killed by Godzilla, Anguirus and Gorosaurus as a team.

11 megatons, so a difference of 111.2 times instead.

What is your point?

Are you saying you can keep up, even if only slightly so, with someone 110 times stronger than you?

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Adding onto this, there is no monster canonically stronger than Godzilla apart from Ghidorah. In Showa, Ghidorah has always been stated to be stronger than any other monster. How would the bottom tiers scale to Ghidorah?
Through basic linear scaling

Through basic scaling

Ebirah or some other fodder character does not scale to King Ghidorah (Or Godzilla) in anyway.

11 megatons, so a difference of 111.2 times instead.

Wouldn't it get divided since it took the three of them to overpower Ghidorah?

Are you saying you can keep up, even if only slightly so, with someone 110 times stronger than you?

If I had constant outside help and very strong weapons? Yes

I wouldn't use scaling from easily beating someone in a team, Gigan and Megalon stomped Jet Jaguar, despite Jet being comparable to the latter.

At the absolute lowest, they can be Low 7-B since Ghidorah is only baseline. But they are definitely not as low as 7-C. Even High 7-C is ridiculously low.

Zone Fighter is a TV show that just happens to have Godzilla characters guest star.

When did Toho say it was non canon?

At the absolute lowest, they can be Low 7-B since Ghidorah is only baseline.

I would agree with Low 7-B Godzilla.

Kepekley23 said:
At the absolute lowest, they can be Low 7-B since Ghidorah is only baseline. But they are definitely not as low as 7-C. Even High 7-C is ridiculously low.
The feat in questin is still an outlier for the verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back