• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Showa Godzilla Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiser Kōnt said:
It covered the cocoon, it was extremely close to Mothra, Mothra broke out of the cocoon herself, nothing says the cocoon is more durable than Adult Mothra.

They all needed outside help to even bother Godzilla and when that was removed they got 100% stomped. It is that simple. Have you really watched the movies?
The fact that Adult Mothra was harmed by less means she's less durable

They. Still. Harmed. Him. Youre ignoring feats for no reason. Needing help doesnt discredit the damage they did, this is the last time im saying it. Ive watched all of them , yes.

Yes, Gigan scales to Ghidorah

That is a blatant lie for anyone who knows anything about Showa Godzilla. Nobody scales to Ghidorah apart from Godzilla and around 4 others.

consistently portrayed as the most powerful daikaiju of the Showa era: within this particular film, the Shibojin (who possess an intimate friendship with Mothra and are telepaths who understand daikaiju communication) flat out state that larval Mothra cannot defeat Ghidorah alone, and that the only chance for Ghidorah's defeat is through a Godzilla/Rodan/Mothra triple team (even then, the fairies cannot 100% guarantee its success)

The calculator sums it up.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
consistently portrayed as the most powerful daikaiju of the Showa era: within this particular film, the Shibojin (who possess an intimate friendship with Mothra and are telepaths who understand daikaiju communication) flat out state that larval Mothra cannot defeat Ghidorah alone, and that the only chance for Ghidorah's defeat is through a Godzilla/Rodan/Mothra triple team (even then, the fairies cannot 100% guarantee its success)
The calculator sums it up.
And yet they still harm him. The calculator's opinion is not the end all be all of how we scale here.

Its not a lie, he does scale. And almost everyone else scales to those four monsters

He doesn't scale. You keep on saying the exact same thing. Nobody is as strong as those four monsters. They are the utmost top tiers only behind Ghidorah and Gigan

And yet they still harm him. The calculator's opinion is not the end all be all of how we scale here.

King Ghidorah is the most powerful monster in Showa. Nobody harmed him but Godzilla, Gorosaurus and Anguirus. They didn't even kill him until 1999.

Maybe we should put this scaling part on hold until i rewatch the movies.

Talk about the feat being an outlier or not in the meantime.

He does scale. You keep on saying the exact same thing. Everybody scales to those four monsters. They are all able to fight and harm them

Kaiser Kōnt said:
King Ghidorah is the most powerful monster in Showa. Nobody harmed him but Godzilla, Gorosaurus and Anguirus. They didn't even kill him until 1999.
And every monsted scales to Anguirus, Gorosaurus, and Godzilla in some way. You just refuse to listed at thi point

I'm really curious how Gigan would scale to Ghidorah.

If Gigan needed help to take on Godzilla and could only slightly hurt him, and Godzilla needed help in taking down Ghidorah who is legitimately stronger than him, how does he scale directly to him?

I also don't get why this suddenly becomes an outlier because it upgrades the verse. By story, Ghidorah's power is consistent in this level. And since it's chronologically the end of the era, it makes sense they arose from 7-C and High 7-C feats. Like seriously; we can't argue Natsu to be Low 7-B just because it was consistent earlier in the series, for example.

Goku is Low 2-C now because he got stronger. Why can't the same be said for Godzilla?

I keep on asking how. You never explain how they scale to those four monsters and it is getting annoying. I have said more than 10 times by now that Godzilla stomps almost every enemy he faces one on one. Either you don't remember or you are lying. Ebirah never even broke Godzilla's skin. Titanosaurus needed outside help, he overpowered both Gigan and Megalon when they tag-teamed him, ripped apart MechaGodzilla when he got his hands on him, and other examples.

And every monsted scales to Anguirus, Gorosaurus, and Godzilla in some way. You just refuse to listed at thi point

I always disproved your points though I've always listened. Right now, you are literally just refusing. No monster scales to them.

Metal Mario875 said:
I'm really curious how Gigan would scale to Ghidorah.
If Gigan needed help to take on Godzilla and could only slightly hurt him, and Godzilla needed help in taking down Ghidorah who is legitimately stronger than him, how does he scale directly to him?

I also don't get why this suddenly becomes an outlier because it upgrades the verse. By story, Ghidorah's power is consistent in this level. And since it's chronologically the end of the era, it makes sense they arouse from 7-C and High 7-C feats. Like seriously; we can't argue Natsu to be Low 7-B just because it was consistent earlier in the series, for example.

Goku is Low 2-C now because he got stronger. Why can't the same be said for Godzilla?

Because Gigan and Ghidorah were portrayed as equals in Godzilla vs Gigan

Because Gigan still harmed Godzilla

No, by story this is the only 7-B eat in all of Showa, while everything else has been defeated by consistent 7-C attacks. There are no High 7-C feats that any monsters scale to.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
I keep on asking how. You never explain how they scale to those four monsters and it is getting annoying. I have said more than 10 times by now that Godzilla stomps almost every enemy he faces one on one. Either you don't remember or you are lying. Ebirah never even broke Godzilla's skin. Titanosaurus needed outside help, he overpowered both Gigan and Megalon when they tag-teamed him, ripped apart MechaGodzilla when he got his hands on him, and other examples.
BECAUSE THEY ARE ABLE TO HARM AND FIGHT GODZILLA. He does not stomp them. Holy shit are you this stubborn that youre just sticking your fingers in tyour ears and just repeating the same things over and over again claiming we're not explaining these things to you when we are??? Damaging and needing help doesnt discredit them being on Godzilla's level, get this through your head.

Because Gigan and Ghidorah were portrayed as equals

No they weren't. Gigan needed King Ghidorah's help.

Only with the buzzsaw.

No, by story this is the only 7-B eat in all of Showa, while everything else has been defeated by consistent 7-C attacks. There are no High 7-C feats that any monsters scale to.

I just showed you a high 7-C feat by Mothra. Nobody has been defeated by 7-C attacks apart from low tiers.

Guys, put the scaling on hold, i'm watching the movies and can give imput.

Weekly, i know you have watched the movies yourself, however, it might be considered more reliable if i directly talk about the events.

For now just talk about the feat's validity.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
No they weren't. Gigan needed King Ghidorah's help.

Only with the buzzsaw.

I just showed you a high 7-C feat by Mothra. Nobody has been defeated by 7-C attacks apart from low tiers.
Yes they were

And with regular attacks to a lesser extent

Mothra has no High 7-C eat, only its chrysalis. Everyone in Showa was injured or defeated by 7-C attacks.

BECAUSE THEY ARE ABLE TO HARM AND FIGHT GODZILLA. He does not stomp them. Holy shit are you this stubborn that youre just sticking your fingers in tyour ears and just repeating the same things over and over again claiming we're not explaining these things to you when we are???

Godzilla stomps them and defeats them every time. I doubt you have really watched the movies. I have already said how Godzilla easily defeats each monster one-on-one. Also, please calm down. I'm being reasonable here.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
Godzilla stomps them and defeats them every time. I doubt you have really watched the movies. I have already said how Godzilla easily defeats each monster one-on-one. Also, please calm down. I'm being reasonable here.
No, he doesnt. I sincerely doubt you have considering how little you appear to actually know about the series. And no, youre not at all being reasonable, youre ignoring basically our entire method of scaling and feat analysis, constantly bring up feats we have already declined as being able to use, and continually say we have yet to explain anything to you when several members including staff have several times over.

Yes they were

Proof?

And with regular attacks to a lesser extent

Not really. The only damage he gave to Godzilla was through the buzzsaw.

Mothra has no High 7-C eat, only its chrysalis. Everyone in Showa was injured or defeated by 7-C attacks.

I have explained this to you over three times now. The high 7-C beam covered all of her chrysalis, when there was 2 meters of it in between her and the cocoon, she broke out of the cocoon, and nothing says the cocoon is more durable than her actual body. You refuse to listen to this.

Kaiser Kōnt said:
I have explained this to you over three times now. The high 7-C beam covered all of her chrysalis, when there was 2 meters of it in between her and the cocoon, she broke out of the cocoon, and nothing says the cocoon is more durable than her actual body. You refuse to listen to this.
The High 7-C feat covered her CHRYSALIS, Mothra herself DID NOT TANK THE ATTACK. The only one refusing to listen here is you. If im holding a shield against fire does that automatically mean i can tank the fire directly? No, it doesnt.

No, he doesnt. I sincerely doubt you have considering how little you appear to actually know about the series. And no, youre not at all being reasonable, youre ignoring basically our entire method of scaling and feat analysis, constantly bring up feats we have already declined as being able to use, and continually say we have yet to explain anything to you when several members including staff have several times over.

You are reflecting what I said on you back on me. I have known this series since I was a child and it's probably my favorite movie/film series ever. I'm not ignoring anything, I have provided reasons for everything I've said thus far. You have not disproved that Godzilla and the top tiers in Showa are 7-B.

The High 7-C feat covered her CHRYSALIS, Mothra herself DID NOT TANK THE ATTACK. The only one refusing to listen here is you.

I just explained how it translates to Mothra's actual durability. You are ignoring it

WeeklyBattles said:
Because Gigan and Ghidorah were portrayed as equals in Godzilla vs Gigan

Either their portrayal is being misinterpreted, or that's inconsistency. Gigan is defeated by Godzilla alone while Godzilla needed the help of several others to kill Ghidorah. Clearly they're not equals at all.

With one attack? That's it? Considering it's the only one that harms Godzilla, then it seems likely to me that it's another case of Krillin's Destructo Disk; it only harmed because that one attack is their "special" attack.

That doesn't disprove Ghidorah's 7-B feat; he's the god tier, so it makes sense he's above the rest. If it's somehow an outlier for everyone else, then at least Ghidorah should be upgraded to 7-B for this. We don't downgrade Dreamy Bowser to 4-A because it's an outlier for Mario. And Kaiser made a point about Mothra's High 7-C that was never addressed, so I still believe it.

The High 7-C feat covered her CHRYSALIS, Mothra herself DID NOT TANK THE ATTACK. The only one refusing to listen here is you. If im holding a shield against fire does that automatically mean i can tank the fire directly? No, it doesnt.

The calculator sums this up well;

Very impressive stuff, especially considering there's less than 2.5 metres of silk between the chrysalis skin and Mothra itself. Taking nearly a megaton of thermal energy to actually burn through the silk casing is almost absurd!

Note that while the hotspots were the primarily targeted locations, the entire chrysalis was quickly engulfed in atomic-grade flames, indicating that not a square cm of Mothra's body wasn't in immediate proximity to the fire.'

Kaiser Kōnt said:
You are reflecting what I said on you back on me. I have known this series since I was a child and it's probably my favorite movie/film series ever. I'm not ignoring anything, I have provided reasons for everything I've said thus far. You have not disproved that Godzilla and the top tiers in Showa are 7-B.

I just explained how it translates to Mothra's actual durability. You are ignoring it
That doesnt in any way support your argument here. Everyone in Shown was defeated by 7-C attacks, that alone disporves them being 7-B

No, you didnt, not at all.

That doesnt in any way support your argument here. Everyone in Shown was defeated by 7-C attacks, that alone disporves them being 7-B

Only the bottom/low tiers in Showa were defeated by 7-C attacks. Please explain how monsters like Hedorah and Godzilla were?

No, you didnt, not at all.

If you don't state how I didn't - that's meaningless.

I am going to say this one time and one time only. Everyone in Showa has been consistently damaged and defeated by Low 7-C to 7-C attacks. The High 7-C feat does not scale to anyone, and them being 7-B out of the blue is an outlier. End of story. I will close this thread if you cant understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back