• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Showa Godzilla Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Showa, in which Godzilla always overpowered or defeated Gigan when the cyborg didn't have help from other monsters/aliens.

Jet Jaguar had the help of Godzilla and still lost to Gigan. He restrained Megalon at the end for Godzilla's kick though Megalon overpowered him before that. Jet Jaguar is viewed as fodder in general as Ebirah is

From what I am seeing they played with a boulder and then Godzilla still overpowered him, threw him over his shoulder and then Ebirah ran away.

Only the ones that were viewed as a genuine, dire threat to Godzilla/Ghidorah and needed no help whatsoever should scale to the megaton feat.

That actually helps the point i was trying to make, Gigan isn't fodder for Godzilla. I always though that was Showa, hmm, guess i was wrong.

No, he's definitley not fodder, he was taken off guard and ganged up on, also, no, i showed proof that Jet restrains Megalon without the help of Godzilla, he's definitley equal, if not stronger, also, he was spun around to the point where he collapsed, that's why he was able to be hit so many times in the first place.

That wasn't the point of the fights i showed, it's as a source back up.

So beings like Mothra, Hedorah, Gigan (he's not a full on dire threat, but still, he'd definitley scale to him), Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla, King Ceaser, King Kong, Shrek, etc.

Gigan is still easily defeated by Godzilla whenever he is alone.

He didn't restrain Megalon and he certainly is not stronger than him. Jet Jaguar was having problems with Megalon alone until Gigan appeared, in which they both defeated him rather easily. Megalon actually kicked Jet Jaguar high into the air and Gigan threw him back to Megalon. It's a stretch to say he's as strong as Megalon alone. It was Godzilla that did the main damage to them - he was able to fight the two of them at the same time.

Okay. Thank you

Lol. But Mothra, Hedorah, Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla, Gorosaurus and possibly Anguirus would scale. King Caesar was weak and unimpressive while King Kong faced a much earlier Godzilla. Gigan always needed help to fight Godzilla so I disagree on scaling him.

True.

He did restrain him, 7:25 is the exact moment, though it should be noted that he was dazed, also, at 2:55, we can see he actually picks him up, so he did restrain him. I'm not saying he didn't have any problems. Jet Jaguar threw Gigan to Godzilla, so yeah. I'll break even, Jet Jaguar isn't Gigan level, but he's relative to him, and is roughtly comparable to Megalon.

Gigan caused a massive gash on Godzilla, and has hurt him many times, so it's not a stretch. If possibly Anguirus scales, wouldn't Gigan, as he fought with Ang.

Thank you, it's good we could break even.

Understandable.

I'm going to bed now, i'll get back to the thread in the morning.

Okay, so a LOT of the arguments here are discrediting characters from scaling due to having help fighting Godzilla. Having help does not in any way shape or form discredit the damage the individual kaiju did to Godzilla. The fact that they all scale to Godzilla in some way means they would ALL scale to the 7-B feat, which would be an outlier as they were all taken down by Low 7-C to 7-C attacks. Basically we would have to either recognize this as an outlier for the Showa Era or give every Showa Monster that appeared in the movie in which the 7--B feat happened a 7-B key for that specific movie.

I wasn't asking anything.

All of those kaijus that I have stated are weaker than Godzilla; thus why they needed they help to defeat him. Even the calculator says this himself. It is not an outlier, since it would only scale to the top tiers. There is nothing like that needed.

'which would be an outlier as they were all taken down by Low 7-C to 7-C attacks' The weaker ones? Yes. Godzilla and the other top tiers were never.

Can you explain how it does not help discredit the fact it isn't an outlier? Those weaker monsters all got physically destroyed easily by Godzilla and needed something to help them or weaken Godzilla in the first place.

Alright.

Pretty much, probably with the exception of Ghidoria, whose been portrayed as equal or higher, Mothra in some instances, and Mechagodzilla.

I'm not going to talk about the Outlier stuff, that's your and weekly's department.

Ghidorah has been said a few times to be actually more powerful than Godzilla and only the strongest monsters can fight him. Thus only the strongest monsters would scale

I forgot to say Hedorah, who fought toe to toe with Burning Godzilla

@Kaiser If it only caled to the top tiers then it would still scale to EVERYONE as they were all able to do damage to Godzilla or someone who scales to Godzilla in some way.

All of the monsters were taken down by Low 7-C to 7-C attacks, Godzilla himself was even injured by this level of attacks.

No, on the contrary, Godzilla needed THEM to be weakened in order to kill several of them. Titanosaurus needed to be weakened with sound attacks so Godzilla could defeat him, Mechagodzilla neded the pilot to kill herself so Godzilla could defeat it, Hedorah needed to be severely dehydrated for Godzilla to be able to beat him

Didn't Kong and Godzilla cause large scale destruction during their fight.

Oh, sorry Hedorah is the Squid thing, i'm just a little tired, and haven't watched the movies in a year.

You are wrong. They all easily got overpowered by Godzilla. Scaling does not work like that. Krillin cut off Frieza's tail but isn't Star level.

This seems like a lie to me. Did you watch the movies?

That is wrong also. MechaGodzilla got destroyed by Godzilla in close range, Titanosaurus had outside help, though I concede about Hedorah. Godzilla still defeated Gigan and many other monsters. Your reasoning is faulty.

Pretty much what Kaiser's saying; I agree with him. I don't see how this scales to everyone, and I don't see it being an outlier.

I wouldn't say they are dozens of times lower, if the high tiers were to be city level, some of the lower, not lowest mind you, would still at least have some slight scale, though they are total fodder.

Possibly mid tiers like Gigan can scale via certain attacks (buzzsaw) but a lot of those monsters still got stomped by Godzilla or Ghidorah

"Weaker characters can harm stronger characters in a different tier."

No. They can't.

A Town level character can't harm a City level character, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back