• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Showa Gamera and other monsters

After some recent digging I've noticed the Gamera pages were a little underwelming for a couple of reasons.

First off the Heisei stuff is over all aight. The only thing I could question is how the Legio page has a mountain lvl key, "Could penetrate Gamera's shell with her normal attacks", yet Gamera himself doesn't. Speaking of which, his speed feats and half the durability justification are not of the same character, Showa =/= Heisei. If it's meant to be a sort of movie composite page then why isn't there a showa key? At least make a note or edit the title of the page.

The Showa pages however are a different story. The three kaiju have close to nothing on their pages and, in Gayos instance, some info is blatanly wrong. Their also missing the most important part of the powerscale and direct source of all information in the showa era........GAMERA! As mentioned before, the title character of these films doesn't have a stand alone page or even separate key in the existing page. Which definitely needs to change for anything Showa related to make sense

Low-Mid regenaration, freezing resistance and speed (Hypersonic in atmosphere. At least Sub-Relativistic in space) should move over to the Showa page/key (whichever it is we decide on).

As for additions to the existing pages

Jigers heat ray is ridiculous. It vaporizes multiple tanks and has a massive AOE and range. her tail stinger has a face hugger effect of impregnating the host and nearly kills gamera although he is unaffected by her heat ray however is greatly annoyed by the loud sound it makes.

Barugon should scale to Gamera and his rainbow ray can be reflected back at him doing alot of damage (hey not revisions here are upgrades)

Gyaos has distracting thirst for blood and a healing factor, which makes it capable of regrowing its severed foot after only an hour. It also can emit a fog-like gas from vents on its chest to obscure the sun and douse flames. Gyaos possesses an aversion to sunlight, and as such can only be active at night. This weakness can extended to the point that exposure to sunlight could cause its flesh to dry out and shrivel up. Also the page mentions that "Sonic beam might also be able to hurt Gamera" which is a huge understatement, it almost cut off his arm .

Hopefully this will clear up some things. Whether or not the other Showa kaiju should get pages or not is entirely up to this threads discussion as how it's not technically needed. Unless we find some good feats for any of them. As for what we have currently, I'm honestly unsure how powerful exactly the tank vaporization would be, let alone that large part of the city and I'll update the thread if anything worth noting is found.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but you should use the Gamera (Universe) page to find members to ask to comment here.

I agree with this the Gamera verse is currently little forgotten.

There are two options.

1. Make separate profiles for Showa and Heisei incarnations of Gamera (Same as with Godzilla)

2. Create 2 different keys in a same profile for Gamera.

Have you done this?

Yes The only knowledgeable/supporters of the verse are the two that replied

I would still prefer further staff input, but in lack of that, I suppose that the first post seems to make sense.

What do you specifically want to do here?

Antvasima said:
I would still prefer further staff input, but in lack of that, I suppose that the first post seems to make sense.

What do you specifically want to do here?
^

I might as well bump this also shouldn't the Showa Kaiju scale to the Magnitude 13 earthquake done in Godzilla vs Zigra since Zigra should be somewhat stronger then its ship

Sorry, I've been a bit inactive lately

@Antvasima The intention of this thread is to fix the many issues with the gamera pages Starting off with separating the two versions of him as individual pages (Showa and Heisei)Afterward that the Showa monster could use some work due to their lack of content.

Admitably I am very inexperienced in making/editing pages so if no one is willing to I'd have to learn that process

First we should probably split the Showa and Heisei Gameras as separate keys or pages (either one works)

Showa has Spaceflight, Acrobatics, Self-Sustenance, Underwater breathing, Extrasensory Perception and resistance to freezing. The rest of his attitudes go to Heisei (obviously they share super physical characteristics and large size) His Sub Relativistic speed is Showa exclusive although both are hypersonic in atmosphere. Lastly his intelligence is Showa exclusive as well

Everything else is Heisei related so we need to find out Showas Durability/AP, lifting strength, yada yada yada and Heiseis intelligence

I suggest we calc Jigers heat Ray as Gamera directly scales to it

That seems fine. You can ask here for calculations after you find some feats to scale from: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3760369

Back