• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shovel is 16, maybe 30 or so, meta is over 34.

So meta knight has double his ap and dura maybe.

But shovel can phase. How does his transmutation work?

MK's experience will be useful considering who Shovel's haxes are't very dangerous.

Meta Knight is possibly thousands of years old, and is a suited bladed warrior with tons of experiance and overall knowledge, he is considered a possible Supergenius in the anime, as Shovel Knight is only above average. He as well has possible higher durability and AP.

I say Meta Knight has the upper edge in this battle, giving him the vote.

Yes but how does the transmutation work?

As it stands, shovels phasing helps out here, but that only helps him not dying, not winning, his transmute, depending on how it works, could get him the win.

Yes, but Shovel Knight's intangibility doesn't work on solid structures and only people, that, and it only lasts for a few seconds, and the limited amount of Mana Shovel sustains means he can't use it forever, and it's clear that Meta Knight is not going to have any mana spells on board the Halberd.

I dont think ta get what i meant.

Meta knight goes to attack him, bam, his attacks misses because he became intangible. Also it can be used a shit ton of times, not like he has only a few uses.

But does that transmutation work? If it can instakill meta than shovel takes this.

Except, he's not going to use that same exact ability every time he has the chance to, Shovel Knight is willing to use his other relics. Also, he can't really "Instakill" Meta Knight, Meta Knight has the same durability as Shovel Knight himself, along with other characters Shovel Knight has fought, it's going to take time for Shovel Knight to put the kill towards Meta Knight IF he were to accomplish so, besides, if Shovel can instakill Meta Knight, Meta Knight can do the same towards Shovel Knight.

My vote still goes for Meta Knight via experaince, knowledge, and overall possible higher durability and AP

Oh, and Meta Knight has Type 1 immortality.

What? Why the hell Not? He gets hit, it wounds him, he then uses his phases, the power that will prevent further injury whenever meta is about to hit him. It's common sense, the dude isn't as smart as a rock, if he has a power, that gets used often and it'll help him greatly why won't he use it?

Yes actually insta kill, transmutation dude, meta knight has no resistance, zero, none, if Shovel's transmute is actually decent it's an ohko on Meta. And no Meta knight can't ohko shivel, he has nothing that allows him that, no hax, not a big enough ap advantage either.

And? His immortality? nothing here. Like why even bring ut up, its useless.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Except, he's not going to use that same exact ability every time he has the chance to, Shovel Knight is willing to use his other relics.
I can agree with this first part.

How does Shovel's transmutation works?

I will go with Shovel Knight as per J-man.

Experience only gets you so far when your opponent has abilities that you don't have any way to counter.

But I have my doubts on the whole transmutation thing... If someone can provide a scan or video on how does it works, it would be extremely helpful.

It's only limited Intangibility, both in time limit, and use, and like I said, he's going to use other relics besides that over and over again, because from what I know, he can only use his shovel for attacking, simple shovel slashing isn't going to him far, as other relics are useful. During his fight with Plague Knight during Plague Knight's campaign he didn't phase over and over again just to damage him.

It's intangibility Meta knight can't do anything about. Yeah he would, but us he so dense that he's gonna use something over the thing that's gonna save his ass? That he uses often enough as is.

He can do damage outsude if his shovels, and not to mention, meta ain't in a better posistion.

And? He ain't phasing to damage anyone here, he's doing it to avoid damage.

With Speed Equalized and MK's size actually being a disadvantage against that power I change my vote to Shovel.

What's with all this phasing wank? From what I understand, it's an ability that grants limited invulnerabilty, not some super ultra mega hax that makes Meta Knights 10,000+ years of experience impotent. MK also probably hits harder and can take more of a beating, has more superhuman abilities, is a smaller, faster target, (speed wise), and knows the Halberd, which is where they are fighting, far better than Shovel Knight. Meta Knight made the Halberd. Transmutation isn't going to work on MK, due to his resistance to reality warping, and finally, is bloodlusted. He stops attacking, normally, when his mask is shattered. Here he has no such restriction.

Meta Knight takes this by just being stronger, tougher, more agile, more experienced, having superior hax (electricity beams, regen against flesh wounds), having the terrain advantage (stated to be on Halberd, a vessel MK knows how to operate, and knows the layout of,) and basically just godstomping even though they're both 7B.

That necro.

Also, resisting reality warping does not grant resistance to Transmutation (unless said reality warping involved said power).

If Meta Knight can't hit intangibles, he isn't hitting SK before he realizes what a threat MK is and uses his coin.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
That necro.
Also, resisting reality warping does not grant resistance to Transmutation (unless said reality warping involved said power).

If Meta Knight can't hit intangibles, he isn't hitting SK before he realizes what a thread MK is and uses his coin.
SK's intangability is't infinite. MK could just wait for some time an avoid SK, then when the intangibility stops working MK would attack and defeat SK

It is spammable, tho. MK would have a incredibly low time-frame to land a hit. Even if we do say he will hit him every time, that would just give SK more reasons to get the coin faster.

And it is entirely possible that MK disarms Shovel Knight of this coin, or dodges the transmutation attack. Spammable intangibility is not some unstoppable force.

Looking at it, Shovel Knight's expansive array of attacks and abilities would eventually overcomes Meta Knight, simply granting the Shovel slasher a win.

Back