• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we ban Goku vs Superman threads?

I wouldn't mind, if I'm to be entirely honest. Unless something truly drastic happens, I don't see it going any differently any time soon. Besides, why can't they just be friends?

ThePerpetual said:
I wouldn't mind, if I'm to be entirely honest. Unless something truly drastic happens, I don't see it going any differently any time soon. Besides, why can't they just be friends?
Fanboys bro fanboys.....

Well there there hasnt been necessarily a big problem with them as some might suggest there is one on this site that is

I guess it would make sense. But it should apply strictly to Goku and Superman only.

I think we should, it will just result in Dragon Ball fans and DC fans going back and forth over the fight and I feel will either turn bitter or hostile.

The problem is that if I ban these, we may be obliged to ban lots of other types of discussions as well.

I added "Please avoid highly controversial topics" to the forum description.

Antvasima said:
The problem is that if I ban these, we may be obliged to ban lots of other types of discussions as well.
This. If we ban these threads merely out of fear of controversy, it opens the floodgates for people to claim we should ban other "controversial" threads. By their nature VS battle threads involve arguing back and forth, and to ban threads merely because of escalated arguing stimies the whole thing. If threads are to be closed, it should be on a case-by-case basis.

Antvasima said:
Heres the thing about Goku vs Superman: Its the pinnacle of horrible debates and it brings out some wank. It can happen with many other debates, yes but this fight is the king of wank/downplaying/fanboyism. It has been debated way too much so it should be gone

You may be right, but according to our rankings their results are pretty much a given when used here. There are plenty of threads that constantly bother me by demanding lots of my time and focus, and this topic seems tame in comparison.

I'd say we should restrict the making of these threads, but not ban them entirely (Like, if the thread gets out of hand, it will be closed).

Well, there should probably be more topics that we should ban in that case. All of the Naruto, and Bleach discussions are getting really annoying.

However, I am as yet unwilling to do so. I am getting more and more worn out and have a harder and harder time focusing on tasks in this wiki.

I don't know. I think that it seems hasty, overreacting, and inconsistent to do so.

Perhaps the new administration will be more interested in selecting a list of banned oft-repeated extremely tiresome topics, but for the moment, I can't focus enough to do so in a sensible and logical manner.

i do agree with a restriction on Naruto and Bleach dicussion as they are severly redundant and annoying and lately it has been fan base vs fan base which is something we all don't want to deal with

ill look into it more when im on a computer and when i have finished looking at the back log

Back