• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should a single-game series have a verse' page?

Oh. Well, I should also mention that the game I have in mind was developed by a studio that went under shortly after the game was developed, making any chance of a sequel almost nonexistent.

But I mean as long as you are able to have sufficient amount of characters then I believe it should be fine. Like 666 Satan (a manga) doesn't have it's own perspective page due to lack of characters. I think it's just about quantity of characters you can have in order to have a verse page, because if it's just one or two characters then it sort of seems like a waste.

It should be fine, it maes the character pages neater too anyway.

Welcome back, by the way!

Okay, then. Now I just have to single out quantifiable feats to make profile with, which may be harder than I thought thinking about it as the game is a turn-based strategy RPG.

i mean if the verse has character to make profile then i see no problem about this

Take Sound of Drop verse as an example. It only has 1 fighter, but it still qualified as a verse in this wiki

EDIT : take note that this verse is unlikely gonna get sequel :p

If the verse is notable/acceptable to have a character from it get a profile, I do not see why one shouldn't be able to make a page for the verse itself. Regardless if the series lacks in installments.

I'm pretty sure Sound of Drop has more than one character, though. The other characters simply haven't had profiles made for them yet. A similar case to Pikmin, for which I keep telling myself I'm going to make profiles for, but then stopped a few months ago after making only one.

Ryukama said:
If the verse is notable/acceptable to have a character from it get a profile, I do not see why one shouldn't be able to make a page for the verse itself. Regardless if the series lacks in installments.
There are notabilty standards now?

I've seen some profiles get deleted on the grounds of lack of notability. However those were like the absolute lowest of low and essentially fan fiction. I think a published game series should definitely be allowed even if not that popular.

@Ryu Huh really now? Never realize profiles were "deleated".

As Ryu said this verse of yours should be fine. As it's a published game.

@Blue IIRC It were a couple of crappily made adobe flash shorts from Newgrounds that got deleated due to lack of notability. And another YouTube video along with the beyond omnipotent series that mustn't be named not being allowed for similar reasons.

However that doesn't matter since whatever Uncle is talking about clearing doesn't fall under these things.

I know, but he said that "Whatever uncle is talking about clearing doesnt fall under these things," so I assumed that it was referencing that it might have, but didnt.

If it is a notable game, we do not have any rules against creating a verse page, as long as it is reasonably well made.

So, I make games both professionally and as a hobby. So far only one of them is published and it's to the android app store. It only has in the dozens of downloads, so I'm sure it doesn't qualify - but what's the line here for being notable enough? Published by a studio of x size, or that has been around for y years, or z sales of the game, something along those lines?

We do not have a specific drawn line. We simply try to weed out the unpopular and obscure series, along with YouTube and advertisement characters, fanfiction characters, and some of the ones that do not at all fit into our tiering system.

I see, so it's mostly a matter of how many people are interested in the work, including disqualifications due to not fitting into the system.

Well, that, and if it hardly qualifies as a character at all, such as originating in a Youtube music video.

Back