• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou trace scalibur

do you still consider it possible that Shirou traces an excalibur copy despite the author's statement that he cannot

if yes, what are the criteria for ignoring an author declaration

It can't be replicated... normally.
Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?

A:
Divine constructs like Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though. Also, since sword is becoming his origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.

However the rule was skirted a bit over the years.

Through there is evidence from the original visual novel that he can.

Archer claimed that he can project Excalibur at the cost of his own life:
"This is… your world, Archer?"
"Yes. I do not mind if you would like to test it out.
I shall reproduce that holy sword of yours."

"My holy sword…? Are you saying that, knowing its true identity, Archer?"
"Of course. A weapon of such rank cannot be perfectly reproduced, but I can get it close.
What will happen in that case? Will the people around us survive when the two holy swords clash?"

"Wha
2-line4.png
Archer, you…!"
"Yes. Do not use your holy sword, Saber. I will have to oppose you if you do.
In that case, the ones to disappear would not be us, but the people around us.
…Knowing you, you would protect that kid at the cost of your own life. Even I will die if I project the holy sword.
In that case, only Emiya Shirou would survive. That would be pointless."

Before the normal end Shirou thinks of projecting the strongest sword he knows:
…My last projection.
I’ll use the strongest sword I know to destroy the curse along with the Great Holy Grail.

In Sparks liner high Shirou thinks that he can project and use Excalibur Morgan, but it would be slowly and with difficulty:
2-line4.png
Archer’s swords. You choose not to imitate my own, Shirou?”
43-line8.png

…With an effort, I gather together the shards of my consciousness.
…What did Saber just say?
Did she ask me why I won’t project her sword?

…I can’t waste my energy like that.
…It takes too long to project such a powerful Noble Phantasm, and I can’t handle that holy blade in any case.
I should be able to imitate it if my enemy’s not moving, but I won’t have time to use the sword’s true name against her.

To reconcile with Nasu's statement, Archer would be bluffing (and using an Excalibur-like beam sword), and Shirou would be mistaken (and subconsciously using an Excalibur-like beam sword).

In Fate/Extra he can create Excalibur Image:
ExcalImage.gif
Excalibur_Image_Extella.gif

The developers made the animation without being asked by Nasu, and when Nasu saw it he thought it would be a waste to throw it away so he made up lore justification than it is due to the Moon Cell allowing Projection to work better:
In EXTRA, the conditions for where wrought iron is possible are boosted so projection of holy-sword class weaponry is possible, though their performance is inferior.
Okay truth is, I was surprised to find that the staff in charge of the 3D had made animation for Excalibur being projected while I was looking the other way.
Well it is new animation after all and there's no reason to reject it. So long as it's a degraded version, I guess it's okay.

In Prisma Illya it is possible to project a 'paper mache' version (weak exterior shape that is hollow on the inside) of Divine Constructs:
0024-014.png

Though it is possible using an exploit in the Class Card system to make a weaker version of the real thing:
He does not possess a specific Noble Phantasm, but by using Projection magecraft he can materialize Noble Phantasms. Originally, Excalibur and other things that surpass human limits, divine constructs cannot be projected. For argument's sake even if it were possible, that person is not the user and therefore cannot release the true name. However, the previous Ilya did just that, weakened as it was, its output still exceeded that of the original.
Kuro isn't currently able to use such an advanced exploit so the ability of her projected Excalibur is like a paper mache version.

In an FGO manga that appeared in Typemoon Ace Volume 11, a corrupted EMIYA projects Excalibur Image:
DQmamTg.png

So, the answer appears to be: He can't. But when push comes to shove, he can project Excalibur Image which is not-Excalibur but weaker.

Back