• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinryu and Omega upgrade (and maybe Gilgamesh?)

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
This is a simple one.

Shinryu, Omega and Gilgamesh can travel through The Void. This alone should grant:

Resistance to Existence Erasure (maybe the FFV cast should have it too?).

Range: Multiverse+ through The Void (its a 2-A construct that can access different worlds so I think it's legit, even if Gilgamesh has nearly no control on where he may end up, the other two do).

Extra: And I dont know if Shinryu should have the NT abilities added to his profile. Also, I think Omega should have resistance to most of Shinryu's abilities since it was designed with the sole purpose of killing the dragon.

Thoughts?

I would prefer Resistance to Void Manipulation instead of EE. The Void erases you yeah, but it is a void beyond space-time iirc and I just feel like resistance to EE is selling it too short. And yeah the cast can have it too. Seems fine.

Has it been specified that the void automatically erases those who travel through it?

they don't travel through the Void, they travel through the Rift, this is just a translation mistake, as always (my God, why does the western version always make such a bad translation?)

Zer00Negativo said:
they don't travel through the Void, they travel through the Rift, this is just a translation mistake, as always (my God, why does the western version always make such a bad translation?)
This is something I've been wondering for a while, what's the exact relationship between the Void and the Rift? I know the Void more or less "glues" the multiverse together, but what is the Rift exactly? Are the hazardous conditions of the Void present in the Rift to a lesser extent or not at all?

The Rift is more so a portal that acts as a doorway to other Universes and Timelines. And I recall Everlasting wasn't fine with anyone other than Enuo and Neo-Exdeath being Immeasurable.

It is simple, Void is the nonexistence that precedes and transcends all creation, Void is nothingness and not a dimension, including the very name "Void" is a translation error, in the original Japanese Kanji þäí (Mu) is used, that means "nothing".

20190613 141555
Meanwhile Rift is a timeless dimension that connects all the universes of FF, however Rift is still part of creation and therefore still part of "everything" and not "nothing", it turns out that in FFV Enuo managed to open an entry for Void, but this entry has been sealed inside Rift.

Antvasima said:
Not if it contradicts what the characters. have displayed in practice: Timeless Voids Standards
Going back to Ant's comment, I don't think it would be inconsistent because moments before Bartz enters a city stuck at the entrance of the Rift, and that city was frozen in time, then Bartz enters the Rift where there is no time and then gets sucked by the void that there is no time either

Back