• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinichi Izumi vs. Kaneki Ken

So I've been seeing a lot of arguments about this in the internet lately, (probably since last year) so I was quite surprised that no one started a discussion about this yet.

Here goes:

IT'S THE BATTLE OF THE TWO " I did nothing wrong and I don't wanna be like this" SEINEN PROTAGONISTS!

Combatants: Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul) vs. Shinichi Izumi (Parasyte)

Environment: Anywhere urban, either with or without pedestrians or unlucky civilian/s.

Conditions:

1.Shinchi must always have Migi to accompany him and Kaneki must always have his ghoul powers.

2. It's up to you if it's the battle between their pre-transformed versions or transformed versions.

(No pre-transformed vs. a transformed oponent.)

(They can go to their crying emotional pussy modes if they are to fight with their "pre-transformed" selves jk)

3.NO Haise Sasaki only Kaneki Ken

4. It's all up to you if Kaneki would use his Kakuja or if he's in an extremely hungry (or just hungry) state .

5. NO Shinichi one-shotting Kaneki with a stone argument.

6. NO fangirling.
Adfafafa
This image doesn't belong to me.

Migi has supersonic reaction speed dodging bullets but kaneki outran electricity so I'm pretty sure he's faster and Migi would still die if shinichi received a fatal injury.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Migi has supersonic reaction speed dodging bullets but kaneki outran electricity so I'm pretty sure he's faster and Migi would still die if shinichi received a fatal injury.
Sure, but isn't Migi enough to block Kaneki's attack and Shinchi's enhanced reflexes are able to thwart a fatal strike from Kaneki. And also Migi and Shinichi can outsmart Kaneki especially if Kaneki's in a crazed-hunger mode or in kakuja mode (both of which drastically reduces his intelligence and consciousness at some point).

Pretty sure he mastered that mode at the end of the manga IIRC.And he may have enhanced reflexes but he's nowhere near hypersonic speed even so bullet timing and high speed superhuman movements are all I've seen from him.Kaneki was so fast he was dissapearing at some point he has regen and he's a greater tactician than them in combat if you read the manga I read both of these.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Pretty sure he mastered that mode at the end of the manga IIRC.And he may have enhanced reflexes but he's nowhere near hypersonic speed even so bullet timing and high speed superhuman movements are all I've seen from him.Kaneki was so fast he was dissapearing at some point he has regen and he's a greater tactician than them in combat if you read the manga I read both of these.
I did read both of em.

Kaneki never did mastered his Kakuja yet, especially because it's still not yet complete and also all ghouls go into a crazed like state when they are hungry enough. Migi and Shinchi were able to outsmart some parasites ( with probably higher logical and reasoning skills than Kaneki) so I'm still pretty sure Migi is a lot more smarter than Kaneki (obviously Shinchi's not). In terms of speed, we never really knew how exactly fast Migi can move and also Kaneki's seemingly "disappearing" speed may be ineffective against Migi and Shinichi's combined reflexes. They maybe not fast enough but they can still see him coming.

First of all no shinichi and Migi aren't smarter than him in combat.Parasites may be more logical than most humans but that doesn't give them some sort of battle experience of any kind.They still die to regular bullets randomly by fodders.Yes in terms of speed kaneki is leagues faster than them Migi is just another parasite btw he's not super fast or strong he's only got supersonic reaction and combat speed.They can't keep up with kaneki while kaneki also has regen the fight ends as soon as kaneki lands a fatal blow on them they'll die on the spot.

The fight won't be that fast though and let's say Migi's cells can imitate the RC cells of a Kagune to counter Kaneki's Regenerationn.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
First of all no shinichi and Migi aren't smarter than him in combat.Parasites may be more logical than most humans but that doesn't give them some sort of battle experience of any kind.They still die to regular bullets randomly by fodders.Yes in terms of speed kaneki is leagues faster than them Migi is just another parasite btw he's not super fast or strong he's only got supersonic reaction and combat speed.They can't keep up with kaneki while kaneki also has regen the fight ends as soon as kaneki lands a fatal blow on them they'll die on the spot.
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! Kaneki might be adaptable in a combat situation nor is he quick to learn martial arts, he is still inferior to Migi's strategic ability. Parasites don't die from gunshots, their hosts do. A Parasite can definitely survive a gunshot to the head. Such is the case of Gotou, who can survive multiple gunshots because his body is made up of Parasite cells (except for his sort of like "video-game weakspot").

I never said Shinichi would win though, just clarified some sh8 though.

When Tokyo Ghoul was still a young series. I honestly thought Shinichi and Migi would have the upperhand but ever since Kaneki got his Kakuja, the fight is almost one sided.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! Kaneki might be adaptable in a combat situation nor is he quick to learn martial arts, he is still inferior to Migi's strategic ability. Parasites don't die from gunshots, their hosts do. A Parasite can definitely survive a gunshot to the head. Such is the case of Gotou, who can survive multiple gunshots because his body is made up of Parasite cells (except for his sort of like "video-game weakspot").

The only battle strategics Migi has shown are against parasites he fully knows how to handle and take care of so no.Kaneki was able to deduce an opponents fighting tactics and a way to corner them referring to his fight with ayato.And Migi is linked to Shinichi normal parasites can take up to few gun shots like about 3-4 of them before collapsing.Kaneki has Regenerationn,better speed and attack potency as far as I know he outclasses him everywhere.Migi and shinichi can't fight him throwing their sub sonic random blades and form a strategy accordingly Kaneki is a close combat fighter he'll appear in front of them without them even being able to react and it's a wrap from then on.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
The only battle strategics Migi has shown are against parasites he fully knows how to handle and take care of so no.Kaneki was able to deduce an opponents fighting tactics and a way to corner them referring to his fight with ayato.And Migi is linked to Shinichi normal parasites can take up to few gun shots like about 3-4 of them before collapsing.Kaneki has Regenerationn,better speed and attack potency as far as I know he outclasses him everywhere.Migi and shinichi can't fight him throwing their sub sonic random blades and form a strategy accordingly Kaneki is a close combat fighter he'll appear in front of them without them even being able to react and it's a wrap from then on.
If we are to take A Kaneki seriously, this version of Kaneki never indicated any signs of strategic and tactical planning when it comes to combat but he sure is adaptive and still fast (Only hypersonic fast when using his Kakuja though). So we cans ay that the manga version of Kaneki is a lot more "different" and "better" than his anime counterpart. So if we are to pit Shinichi against the manga version of Kaneki, then Shinichi and Migi would be overwhelmed but if we are to pit them against the A Kaneki, they might still have a chance.

Kaneki takes this he is far faster, more durable and has regenraion while shinichi is only peak human. I dont think migi can even pierce kanekis body and even if he does kaneki will just regenerate.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Kaneki takes this he is far faster, more durable and has regenraion while shinichi is only peak human. I dont think migi can even pierce kanekis body and even if he does kaneki will just regenerate.
Migi can imitate any kind of cells that can include the RC cells of a kagune (the cells that prevent ghouls from regenerating). Migi can pierce Kaneki's skin because it's biological in nature and just as I said, if Migi can figure out how to imitate these cells (let's assume he does) he can definitely inflicet blows to Kaneki that can be fatal.

Back