• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ShineGreymon vs Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
3-As with absolutely no hax

In character

Both in their 3-A keys

Speed equalized

No Prep or prior knowledge

IT only brings Goku to a target, and Universal range was from the almost universe bust iirc, which was shockwaves

"Universal with attacks/shockwaves and ki blasts as SSG, SBG and SSB"

His profile states that his ki blast are universal as well. Yes, IT only brings you to a target, still it is an advantage Goku has since Greymon cannot teleport at all. Goku has also used it for surprise attacks.

There has never been a case of ki blasts having universe range....But okay

Goku - 1

ShineGreymon - 0

Fortunately for goku, there are several examples of him using IT in rapid succession during fights, also his Ki blasts are at least planetary in range, as we see in the cell saga how Vegeta's Final Flash Extends far out into space (Possibly solar system in range). Considering how much growth Goku's had it's safe to assume he can easily create a ki blast solar system+ in range since he's far surpassed his strength in the cell saga and has achieved universal levels of power. So, giving it to Goku.

Before everyone says, Goku outranges ShineGreymon, do remember that he's a martial artist at heart. He will enter hand-to-hand combat while in character.

While in hand-to-hand, ShineGreymon has the distinct advantage of being engulfed in flame and wielding a shield of fire, forcing Goku to burn himself while he gets in close.

Ultimately, I'm not sure where I'd swing this fight, but I dislike the Goku range argument as much as others dislike the whole spiel with Reinhard and the Longinuslanze.

^Go ahead and take your time on this, if you're going to vote at all, anyway

Rep summarized how I feel about the range argument. Goku never ever abuses range in character. Doesn't give him a challenge.

It's true Goku wouldn't abuse his range unless necessary, but Goku isn't as stupid as to let himself burn to death when he could use his similarly beloved kamehameha. When Greymon goes all fire and Goku realises that fighting him directly will seriously hurt him, he will remember his other options. Just like with the genkidama against Buu, if he takes the battle seriously he will switch to ranged attacks rather than loosing.

@DaFritzi

In addition, the Spirit Bomb takes a ludicrous amount of time to charge, and ShineGreymon would have just gutted him during that time.

In addition, ShineGreymon has a shield to defend against Goku's ranged attacks while he closes the distance.

I know, the spirit bomb example was just to prove that Goku would resort to ranged attacks if needed. Using the genkidama in a 1v1 is a horrible choice.

The shield might help, but Goku still has his IT.

It's not like this is absolutely Gokus win. It's rather 6/10.

Shinegreymon has the better defense when Goku starts in character meaning he wont try to abuse range. He has disadvantage against shinegreymon in close combat since he can deflect his ki blasts with his shields and engulf him with flames from his body and soul.

I feel like many forget that Goku is a martial arts MASTER. He WILL know fighting Hand-To-Hand will be a fruitless endeavour if he gets burned (I also remember Goku touching lava and only saying ow a few times but meh...) then back up a little to see if a Kamehameha would work. He isn't gonna stay fighting close combat, a single IT to ShineGreymon but a sizable distance away would give Goku a chance. Goku 6/10.

Seriously why do people think Goku will STAY in Hand to Hand when he gets himself burned? That's honestly just a bad argument. Also, is it me or Goku spams SSB Kaioken a lot now? I feel like if we use THAT Goku, then it'd be a Goku 7/10.

@Akreious, Goku is in character, which means he'll use Kaioken if he needs to

@Akreious

ShineGreymon went toe-to-toe with members of the Royal Knights, who have spent thousands of years doing nothing but fighting threats to the Digital World. Experience isn't an issue here.

I don't think Cal or Reppu actually gave a vote. They more or less debunked some advantages people listed. I know I didn't exactly vote.

A 24 hour grace period must happen before results can be added, a good 4 people can hop in and say "ShineGreymon wins for ____" any time before the 24 hours is up and and set the score to 7-5, making the thread have to continue

I'd say that it can still continue if anyone has their own reasons or believe that previously stated reasons need to be used more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back