• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Godzilla 5th form key deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
What the title says.

Got slightly spoiled on Shin Godzilla by the wiki itself, and after watching, I was surprised to see that the 5th form was something that never truly happened, only shown to have started in the 20 last seconds of the movie, and with the current design just being a concept art.

Needless to say, the reasons why the key should be nuked are easy to point out:

-Is a featless form that just didn't truly happened
-If we use scrapped concept art, then we might as well add the 6th, 7th and 8th form concept arts which wouldn't much sense
-The profile doesn't even have abilities for this key, despite being very different from the others
-Range also doesn't acknowledge it
-Most of its stats are either Unknown or a single calc for something that never moved

So just nuke it and let this poor Godzilla not fight anyone.

The 5th form calc is Gravitational Potential Energy which still valid knowing his height and weight.

And isn't scrapped content ... the guides mentioned it as the 5th form.
In one of the books the humanoid creatures seen on Godzilla's tail at the end of the film are referred to as Godzilla Fifth Form (ゴジラ第五形態 Gojira Dai Go Keitai).

Last edited:
The 5th form calc is Gravitational Potential Energy which still valid knowing his height and weight.

And isn't scrapped content ... the guides mentioned it as the 5th form.
In one of the books the humanoid creatures seen on Godzilla's tail at the end of the film are referred to as Godzilla Fifth Form (ゴジラ第五形態 Gojira Dai Go Keitai).
I mean that it is a concept art in that it was barely ongoing its 5th form, and didn't turn into it. We basically know nothing of it.

Same guidebook talks about 6th, 7th etc... forms as things Godzilla would have been able to turn into but never did, but they remain concept art.

I mean that it is a concept art in that it was barely ongoing its 5th form, and didn't turn into it. We basically know nothing of it.

Same guidebook talks about 6th, 7th etc... forms as things Godzilla would have been able to turn into but never did, but they remain concept art.
Is not just concept art, the guides listed them as Shin Godzilla 5th form not Shin Godzilla intend of 5th form.

Which means they're formed already ...

Also I don't remember any Shin Godzilla book talking about further forms like 6th, 7th and ahead.

Is not just concept art, the guides listed them as Shin Godzilla 5th form not Shin Godzilla intend of 5th form.

Which means they're formed already ...

Also I don't remember any Shin Godzilla book talking about further forms like 6th, 7th and ahead.
You do realize Shin Godzilla lost and got frozen when it was in its 4th form right?
This "5th form" just started being created, as shown by the ending scene and has some differences with the model in the book.

Pretty sure it is also in the Art of Shin Godzilla.

You do realize Shin Godzilla lost and got frozen when it was in its 4th form right?
This "5th form" just started being created, as shown by the ending scene and has some differences with the model in the book.

Pretty sure it is also in the Art of Shin Godzilla.
Which model?

Also It will be nice you to share here the 6th and 7th forms pics.

If the thing doesn't move and its based on concept art then I have to agree that doesn't sound so valid for a key.

I guess it's not really needed if it's just that Unknown. Though we've got a lot of profiles with Unknown stats so honestly I'm not sure.

This is fine
If the thing doesn't move and its based on concept art then I have to agree that doesn't sound so valid for a key.
The changes seem fine.
I guess it's not really needed if it's just that Unknown. Though we've got a lot of profiles with Unknown stats so honestly I'm not sure.
I mean we have its size and weight, among a GPE calc.... shouldn't that be enough?

Otherwise my second solution is to left the 5th form rated as Unknown as I have seen many characters in the wiki with alternate forms with unknown power.

I mean we have its size and weight, among a GPE calc.... shouldn't that be enough?

Otherwise my second solution is to left the 5th form rated as Unknown as I have seen many characters in the wiki with alternate forms with unknown power.
That's what I pointed out in my comment above. We have many Unknown keys and profiles.

I suppose if it's implied that it happened at the end of the movie, an unknown key is fine by me.
Any calculations I assume are also based on said Concept Art, so cannot be used if that it the case.

Don't we actually have another rule about not including forms which don't have enough relevant thing to begin with?

I mean, as we know Godzilla was starting to get into the 5th, but they didn't even have time to fully emerge from its tail, so keeping an unknown key for a form that just never got the chance to truly exist is meh.

Also I was wondering if the song Who Will Know could be used as intelligence basis for Godzilla. It's basically the beast itself fearing death, lamenting its pain, but still fighting.

Don't we actually have another rule about not including forms which don't have enough relevant thing to begin with?

I mean, as we know Godzilla was starting to get into the 5th, but they didn't even have time to fully emerge from its tail, so keeping an unknown key for a form that just never got the chance to truly exist is meh.

Also I was wondering if the song Who Will Know could be used as intelligence basis for Godzilla. It's basically the beast itself fearing death, lamenting its pain, but still fighting.
It's Adaptations should also be a Mark towards it's Intelligence since it literally learned how to counter all the shit that hurt it to begin with, starting all the way back from when it was overheating itself in it's first mutation and started booking it towards the water again to cool down.

It's Adaptations should also be a Mark towards it's Intelligence since it literally learned how to counter all the shit that hurt it to begin with, starting all the way back from when it was overheating itself in it's first mutation and started booking it towards the water again to cool down.
That's not the same kind of intelligence though.

interesting idea I had
any chance that form 5 could be changed to be a power/ability or notable ability/attack?
Unlikely. It's just part of its already existing evolution stuff and doesn't grant anything.

It is a next state of evolution not just a lesser form or whatever..

As second option we should keep it Unknown. It doesn't really seems that complicated since we already have characters with keys with Unknown stats.

I suppose if it's implied that it happened at the end of the movie, an unknown key is fine by me.
Any calculations I assume are also based on said Concept Art, so cannot be used if that it the case.
I can calculate again its size and weight in order to obtain its GPE.

So what are the conclusions here? Should the key be removed or get unknown statistics?

A problem I have about the 5th form (despite how I really love the overall idea of it) is that it's calc was based on the entirety of the "Human Gojiras" despite the fact that the implications of the form likely wouldn't have them attack like that

A problem I have about the 5th form (despite how I really love the overall idea of it) is that it's calc was based on the entirety of the "Human Gojiras" despite the fact that the implications of the form likely wouldn't have them attack like that
The gravitational potential energy is the potential energy associated with the gravitational field. This will depend on the relative height of an object to some reference point, the mass and the acceleration of gravity.

Many calc group members recommended me to use GPE instead of KE cause is more safer specially for kaiju and large sized characters.

So did you accept the calculation or not? It was a bit hard to discern.

Also, I think that we scale lifting strength from weight in extreme cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back