• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shiki fights a mall cop

Paul's taking an L here. With MHS reactions and sub sonic speed. Even with speed equal. Paul getting a shot on him is just not happening.

"can sense his own death and instinctively dodge attacks even from his blind spots"

That right there is enough to basically make range out of the question.

And up close. Since paul still one shots. That will only give Shiki a sense of it and make him easier to dodge. And bypasses durability. Plus being an apparent skilled assassin. Not sure how skilled he is to be exact. But an assassin is not gonna be any joke. He at least would hold his ground if not surpass in skill. Even being in the mall doesn't help him win enough times. He will probably get luck once or twice out of 10 times.

So just a quick question because you know the guy the best. You think it's a stomp? Should I equalize reaction speed?

Wait can I even do that...

Wouldn't help. And I think that comes with speed being equal. I never understood how that worked. Again tho. Doesn't helps The Basically precognition shiki has gives a huge edge.

I don't think I can call it a stomp stomp. More so, the fight just had a fairly clear winnEr. Paul still has win options. Since it takes place in the mall. He is still very skilled. And has options that could kill. Plus Shiki having no good range option. It can't be said a stomp. Shiki just counters too well. And bypasses durability due to hacks. I think the fight can stay.

Shiki stomps here.

First of all, Shiki can stealth his way around Paul and death slash him with ease. His instictive reaction means he dodges everything Paul can throw at him, and even if he's hit, it won't matter much since Shiki has insane stamina (he survived attacks and lethal blows from other characters higher on 9-B than Paul).

Not even counting the fact that Shiki can literally throw his knife at Paul and end the fight right there.

I'm gonna wait for a comment from Butters

You sure he can close the distance with that knife throw? They start pretty far away.

Stealth his way. Ehhhh. Maybe. But that's kinda hard to do when they start out know where each other are. He would have to get away first. Which also gives paul the chance to hide himself

The reaction part I agree. With speed equal. Paul is almost rarely getting a shot. If at all.

And If he survives those attacks. He is either in the wrong tier, your looking on the wrong page. Or it's an outlier. From what I'm seeing: this version is street level. There isn't any possible he took hits from someone Paul's level without it being outlier or he is in that tier. But his page says he is street. He can't be taking wall level hits and not be wall.

And considering speed is equal. That's not exactly reliable at all. Cause paul isn't going to just there and let himself get stabbed. And since the man is extremely well shape (wth stamina and movement), and has dodges bullets in his past. Knifes being thrown he should reliably be able to dodge.

Not to say I am changing my vote. I just don't agree with a lot of your points. I think he wins cause range is or of the question for paul do to the reaction. And skills and durability bypassing beats Strenght and durability here

Shiki is really good in what he does, including stealth, but fair point.

Also, it's not any of that. Shiki is able to fight through lethal wounds that should have killed him through sheer willpower. This allowed him to fight even after being ****** up by other 9-Bs.

Fair point on the knife.

That's not how to works. That willpower would just make him 9-B then. But he can't take 9-B attacks and not have 9-B durability. That's just isn't how durability works. The man is labeled at street level durability. And unless him taking beatings from 9-B on Paul's level is consistent and it needs to be changed, we can't consider that. Paul should logically one shot.

He doesn't tank the 9-B attacks he gets lethally wounded but survives

Also Shiki comes from a family renown for killing demons and is great at assassination and stealth I'm fairly positive he can just sneak up to the mall cop

Shiki fra

CrimsonStarFallen said:
It's not 9-B dura dude. He survives attacks from 9-B people that lethalhy wound him, it's pure stamina.
Yea. Still don't buy it. Paul would turn him into pass with a strike. He can't willpower his way out of that.

Probably not turn him to past. I don't think the AP difference is that big.

Again, like surviving a car crash irl. You can, you can even be brutally injured by it, but willpower lets you go on.

Humans irl survive "higher tier" attacks all the time

The AP difference isn't nearly enough for that.

Also, good on you for not buying it, but it happened. He survived being bjtten and mauled appart in a level that would kill any human by Nrvnqsr Chaos's weak beasts, who are much higher on 9-B than Paul.

He literally had no calc on his street level. Even if we really push it and assume he is 14 Kilojoules. That means paul is at least roughly 16 times stronger. And that's seriously pushing it. People without calcs tend to get the lowball. Which would make Paul dozens of times stronger

Also no calc for those beats so.... how do we even know where they land exactly?

Because they can break through walls, which is normally in the megajoules, and cause small tremors, which is at least 1.98 megajoules.

Also, reminder that normal humans who have been or bitten by lions and wolfs didn't turn into paste. You are really overastimating the AP difference.

Bitten by something doesn't rip through the entire body. That's directed towards one part of the body. So not a valid example

Back