• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shigeo Kageyama (Mob) vs Satoru Gojo (0-0-0)

SBA
Both are in character but willing to win.
Starting distance of 5 meters.

The variations are the profiles linked

Mob (???%):
Gojo (Manga, Current):
Inconclusive:

I thought infinity only stopped attacks that traveled?
Do you answer me? I'm not sure if using I have questions.

How does Mugen prevent soul sucking? Because soul sucking is just breathing and the soul is looked into. Is that a Mugen requirement?. Mugen only protects against dangerous things, doesn't it? Is breathing dangerous? (or am I misunderstanding something) 🤔🤔

Last edited:
How does Mugen prevent soul sucking? Because soul sucking is just breathing and the soul is looked into. Is that a Mugen requirement?. Mugen only protects against dangerous things, doesn't it? Is breathing dangerous? (or am I misunderstanding something) 🤔🤔
Its difficult to say, since Infinity can block both physical matter and intangible phenomena, which is what most Cursed Techniques are from JJK. The link to that video isn't working for me, but I feel like that kind of soul manip could bypass the barrier depending on how it works.

Souls are a thing that are addressed in JJK and so far Gojo hasn't interacted with any characters who have soul-based powers, so its unclear if he would be able to defend against it. However, Nanami, a sorcerer far weaker than Gojo, was able to instinctively protect his soul from being instantly destroyed (it still took substantial damage) from a technique previously thought to be a one-shot. It stands to reason that even if this soul sucking ability could bypass Infinity, it would take at least 3 hits to kill him (assuming soul sucking has one-shot potential in its source material.

I don't think Mogami has used soul absorption directly on humans before, it mostly come from eating actual ghosts. He does have lifeforce absorption wich incaps almost instantly, however. But it would depend on if Ghost powers would be equalized to cursed techniques, and i do think they are somewhat similar in nature.

But Mogami's soul sucking should be called Sucking out more than drilling in.
This doesn't really change anything about my above argument.
I don't think Mogami has used soul absorption directly on humans before, it mostly come from eating actual ghosts. He does have lifeforce absorption wich incaps almost instantly, however. But it would depend on if Ghost powers would be equalized to cursed techniques, and i do think they are somewhat similar in nature.
Would this not equalise closer to ghosts being like cursed spirits, and soul sucking being more akin to a CT like Geto's Cursed Spirit Manipulation? (At least with regards to how he collects them)

Also who the hell is Mogami and why are we talking about him, this thread is about Mob, who, afaik, does not have this soul manipulation ability.

Back