• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shield Hero Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation (LN Only)

I'm not sure about this. It seems that SP isn't the same exact thing as a soul, maybe just energy generated from the soul? SP is never directly mentioned as being the soul itself and there seems to be a different reaction to what the soul being taken and SP being drained.

In this case, where they explicitly take the soul, it's described as torture and screaming in pain. However when they drain the SP, it doesn't hurt, and they don't even notice they were out of SP and had to go and check their stats.

So I disagree for now.

I'm not sure about this. It seems that SP isn't the same exact thing as a soul, maybe just energy generated from the soul? SP is never directly mentioned as being the soul itself and there seems to be a different reaction to what the soul being taken and SP being drained.

In this case, where they explicitly take the soul, it's described as torture and screaming in pain. However when they drain the SP, it doesn't hurt, and they don't even notice they were out of SP and had to go and check their stats.

So I disagree for now.
To counter a bit:

It wasn't described as "screaming in pain" just that the soul itself was screaming. Whether or not that was because of pain or because of the terror of having your soul drawn out of you, is up to interpretation. Also, Naofumi's comment on it being torture can mean physical or psychological torture.

Also worth mentioning that the weapon that did that (Drew out that soul) is part of the same Soul Eater series that drains SP.

Thanks for replying!

Edit:

Souls in the verse can definitely feel pain, I'm just arguing SP drain and even soul rip don't necessarily cause that.

Last edited:
this also applies to WN profiles.
Although WN's profile is something to hurt the eyes of it's so poorly done, so adding something like that would be kind of irrelevant

this also applies to WN profiles.
Although WN's profile is something to hurt the eyes of it's so poorly done, so adding something like that would be kind of irrelevant
You think?

iirc, WN doesn't have statements like this.

actually there is, most of the things you said are also on the WN, I'm rereading it, to build a profile on my wikia
I’ve reread it too, and most of that stuff is definitely not in the WN.

Ost doesn’t even exist on the WN, so you never get her incantation saying “I’m healing Naofumi’s soul”.

and the soul eater isn’t shown to be intangible like in the LN it’s just stated to be “immune to physical attacks” and ghost-like in nature.

I don’t even remember Naofumi and co meeting another spirit besides Glass.

And that’s just stuff I can immediately point out.

I’ve reread it too, and most of that stuff is definitely not in the WN.

Ost doesn’t even exist on the WN, so you never get her incantation saying “I’m healing Naofumi’s soul”.

and the soul eater isn’t shown to be intangible like in the LN it’s just stated to be “immune to physical attacks” and ghost-like in nature.

I don’t even remember Naofumi and co meeting another spirit besides Glass.

And that’s just stuff I can immediately point out.
[Soul Devourer Shield]

Skill unlocked…. Equipment Bonus: Skill [Second Shield] [Soul Resistance] (Intermediate) [Mental Attack Resistance](Intermediate) [SP UP]

Special Effect: [Devoured Soul SP Recovery] (Weak)

Naofumi in this chapter gets 0 SP, a few chapters before he receives a potion that "cures the soul" too

you don't even need anything from the OST, everything that happened in the fight with Glass already proves that SP = Soul, or that they are at least interconnected, chapter 53, in case you have any doubts, about the potion I don't remember but it was some before

you don't even need anything from the OST, everything that happened in the fight with Glass already proves that SP = Soul, or that they are at least interconnected, chapter 53, in case you have any doubts, about the potion I don't remember but it was some before
Well you can make a thread about that if you want to have to deal with DT. However, I myself won’t have anything to do with it.

Well you can make a thread about that if you want to have to deal with DT. However, I myself won’t have anything to do with it.
nah, like I said, I stopped caring about TnY's WN profiles, there's no salvation, I think the WN profiles should be deleted and remade from scratch, but nobody would do that :v
anyway, i agree with the CRT

Back