• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
she-hulk-1.jpg
blackrock1-11.jpg

• Speed Equalized
  • OVA version is used for Black★Rock Shooter.
  • SBA
  • She-Hulk upscales from 0.016 tons of TNT. Black★Rock Shooter scales to 0.040 tons of TNT.
She-Hulk:
Black★Rock Shooter:
Incon:

Black★Rock Shooter prefers to attack with her cannon, which has a range of dozens of meters, but she's not bad in close combat either. She can also make portals and regenerate. She-Hulk can use thunderclaps to attack with shockwaves with a range of tens of meters, but generally has shown to prefer close combat. She can also regenerate but to a lesser degree than her opponent. I would say Black★Rock Shooter is the more experienced fighter.

Jokes aside, Black★Rock Shooter looks pretty ******* cool. Might have to put it on my watch radar.

Black★Rock Shooter prefers to attack with her cannon, which has a range of dozens of meters, but she's not bad in close combat either. She can also make portals and regenerate. She-Hulk can use thunderclaps to attack with shockwaves with a range of tens of meters, but generally has shown to prefer close combat. She can also regenerate but to a lesser degree than her opponent. I would say Black★Rock Shooter is the more experienced fighter.
I'll vote Rock Shooter via her range, regen, and portals.

Fun fact: Black Rock Shooter is originally a song by Hatsune Miku, which mean the series has been adapted from a music
Original song in NND: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3645817
The uploaded version youtube:

Another thing i found out is that Black Rock Shooter was originally not a song....but rather a freaking random art from pixiv, more specifically an rejected concept art character
Ryo/Supercell then picked up this character and made one of the iconic songs of Miku, and the rest after that? History

Goodness man, my top junior highschool-hood anime has such of emotional and wild journey

Now for the actual answer regarding how good Black Rock Shooter is: So BRS has many incarnations, mostly well known are the OVA (the one that being used here), the 2012 tv series, the PSP Game, and the recent one Dawn Fall
The OVA is short but good, that's about it
The 2012 anime however....hohoho.....it's an wild ride, the early episodes would leave you confused due of it's story and the over-drama plot about their human self would likely turn you off, but trust me beside that it's awesome especially when it reached the finale, the choreography of the fights in this series is absolutely banana, as one of the animator here was also worked in Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann
The PSP game is also one of underrated gem, the graphic is really outdated as heck for a PSP game, the Action RPG element on it isn't that the best but not bad either, the story? Now this is where it's shine, can't give much detail here so i'll give you the link about the plot here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Rock_Shooter:_The_Game
I'm not caught up with Dawn Fall yet, but i heard it's also an awesome incarnation as well

So yeah, there's no bad BRS adaptation

....and now i realized that how much i regretted to not picked up BRS once again back then just like what i did with Vocaloid, thankfully this shame wouldn't last longer

I feel like she's going to lose fairly lel
Tbh that Low-Mid regen is going to be tough to overtax by just hitting her, which already gives BRS a good advantage, since Johnny without his equipment relies on H2H/CQC, which he's good at, but he ain't on no anime BS levels of skill. Plus, he's likely at a range disadvantage, too.

How did I not see this thread sooner? Anyway yeah, She-Hulk gets stomped even with the superior LS. It takes another level of unskilled to lose to a haxless opponent who only follows simple commands.

Back