• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae Additions & Small Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back with Shantae once again. First, Shantae's tier should be changed to Low 7-B+.

This comes from her able to damage and survive attacks from the Pirate Master, who created an entire storm that surrounded all of Scuttle Town. The standard storm calcs result in this level. This would scale to the Pirate Master as Uncle Mimic stated the storm was due to dark magic. Dark Magic is what powers the Pirate Master. So this should scale to him as he mainly uses Dark Magic. However, there is another feat that potentially could upgrade her even farther.

During the end of Pirate's Queen Quest, Risky Boots was able to survive the inside of an exploding volcano. However, this was denied due to be considered non canon. Though, I asked Wayforward (the team that makes these games) on if it's canon. their answer has them stating it is Risky "somewhat skewed" interpretation of events. So, what would the skewed parts be? Knowing Risky, it's most likely she changed the part about beating Shantae as she's enemies with her and was pretty angry at how close she was to winning. It can also be considered an alternate ending since it was the Dynamo (who Shantae defeated) that caused the whole thing to blow up once he gets destroyed. Kinda like how Ryu (Street Fighter) is city level due to a bad ending.

This scales to Bolo and Risky Boots who are the only ones that have profiles besides Shantae.

Now for some abilites:

Statistic Amplification via Twin Mints and Monster Milk which boosts her strength. She has them on her profile yet not as an ability.

Underwater Breathing (Type 1 and 2) as with her mermaid and crab form.

Surface Scalling: via Spider, Monkey, and Tinkerbat form.

Summoning: Can summon sheeps in Jammies mode.

Enhanced Senses: Managed to sense Risky Boots and her Tinkerslug from far away.

Resistance to mind manipulation: Was unaffected by Holly, who caused everyone in Scuttle Town to have amnesia.

Creation: Can create pike balls and scimitars to surround her body.

Size Manipulation: Her transformations can make her vary in size from being as a small as a mouse to an elephant.

Invulnerability via bubble

I might replay the games to see if I can find anything new. I would also like to discuss her weaknesses. It states that she is naive which isn't all that true. Shantae does not often get tricked, and even when she does, it's something even her uncle (a genius) gets tricked as well. It also states that she has little experience and this is not true at all. Shantae has been through several adventures (with a new game coming soon) and has fought many different enemies before. I doubt she lacks experience.

I would also prefer if Shantae's abilites have a different tab. This isn't due to separate keys, it just would be better some of her powers are because of the belly dances. Here is how it should be separated.

Base: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Hair Manipulation, Teleportation, Wish-Granting, Master Martial Artists, Healing (with items), Invisibility, Fire Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, Absorption, Attack Reflection, Non-physical Interaction, Creation, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Invulnerability, Enchansed Senses, and Statistic Amplification

Belly Dances: Transformation, Size Manipulation, Surface Scalling, Underwater Breathing (Types 1 & 2), Explosion Manipulation, Flight, Poison Manipulation, Sonar, and Healing

That is all, let me know what you think.

I am a bit 'eh' on the Risky Boots part.

We see in the standard ending she just ran away, no reason to think she was taken... HOWEVER; Shantae has also other feats

1) She survives the vulcano exploding i nthe original game (froma distance, but we see she has only been knocked unconscious)

2) She actually reality warps Scuttle down at the endof Pirate's Course

Good point, however it can be considered an alternate ending which is why I used Ryu as an example, since in a bad ending, his power was used to destroy a city. This might be headcanon, though she could've jumped and watch back Shantae fight the Dynamo and get caught in the explosion. Also, it should still be noted that Shantae is able to damage the Dynamo, who was the reason for the explosion in general. So it might still be able to scale. Though I do have some problems with your other listing of feats.

1) I don't think Shantae was actually caught in the explosion as after that, she just woke up in the Genie Realm.

2) She doesn't really do much, she just removes all of the things Ammo Baron built. I'm 50/50 on this. However it does give Shantae a higher range.

Anyways, what do you think about the rest of the things like abilities and such?

Thing is... this isn't a bad ending. This is a story Risky made up to pretend this is why she failed: not because of her own mistakes, but because of the Tinkerbats not properly building the Tinkerbrain.

1) Given the entire screen blanks out and she is shown washed ashore, it mght b arguable.

However, I should argue, the Pirate Master claimed she could contend with her only because of the Pirate Gear and the first part of the fight has her claim it's useless. And given the Pirate Master isn't even beaten when Shantae goes at full power and begins unloading 9999 hits to him without a cannon who is stated is strong enough to "wipe a town off the map", I can see Pirate Master being "7B+, higher at full power"

The rest of the abilities are fine.

Also, in the first game Risky definitively tricked her into thinking she was a Guardian Genie to take away all the elements. Admittedly, Risky is the smartest character in the Shantae Franchise, always outsmarting every character and being able to replicate and enhance Mimick's inventions

Man I totally forgot to respond.

It isn't 100% made up, Wayforward said this was Risky's point of view. I used Street Fighter as an example because a bad ending is still considered an alternate ending. The bad ending isn't canon, that's for sure. But on a scenario of what would happen if the machine was messed up, the Dynamo would've blown the whole volcano up, with Risky. It should still be noted they can damage the Dynamo which caused the explosion.

Not really, after the explosion or during it, we see her end up in the genie realm. It's likely they just sent her back after she declined their offer to become a full genie.

I guess that makes sense. This would likely mean for Shantae she can be "7-B+, possibly higher". However if the volcano feat is accepted, then this wouldn't be added.

This was however in the first game. Shantae has improved eventually throughout the next games and acts less naive. I should also point out that the Pirate Weapons are not standard equipment, not sure why that's there.

". Though, I asked Wayforward (the team that makes these games) on if it's canon"

Pretty sure this is against the wiki's policy, otherwise, all of this seems fine

Well okay for starters... I have no problem with Pirate Master being Low 7-B+ due to the storm he has created. I am iffy about Shantae being Low 7-b+ tho. She was capable of hurting him a bit with Pirate Gear but that wasnt really doing much... And the game made that clear. It was more like fly bitting him in the face.

Even after she got back her genie powers back, she really wasnt doing much to him. She needed the help of Twitch & Vinegar cannon (which is capable of wiping out the entire city) and he took a few of the cannonballs to the face before he went down. Shantae on her own LITERALLY CANNOT BEAT HIM in the game and you have to use the cannon to win, otherwise you will be punching him for eternity. Lets not forget to mention that it took an army of Genies to just seal him in the past. I doubt that Shantae have so much power.

So yea Low-7B for Pirate Master? I am all for it... Then again he is the strongest being that we've recived in the franchise so far.

I disagree with the volcano feat. We dont know what Risky did and what she didnt made up... But we do know that in the 100% canon fight (Shantae story) she ran away before the explosion so that shouldnt be a feat. Risky simply made up the ending. You can't use the excuse that it was a "different timeline or alternate ending"". The main story is the main story and it tells you what happened. Friends to the End as well as Risky's DLC are just filling the blank space.

Statistic Amplification.. Yea, sure. I can see it.

Underwater Breathing... Also can be added, she can do it in some forms.

Surface Scalling... I agree.

Summoning: This one is imporant. I dont think that Jammies mode is actually canon and it shouldnt be used for scalling. Majority of the DLC's (outside of Friends to the end and Risky (and that's also iffy one)) are just non-canon side stories which shouldnt be taken into the consideration. Just look at the Blade Master Zero... I can guarantee that Shantae wont be using the abilities showcased in these DLC's in future games and the DLC's itself wont be mentioned. I dont think that she should get this one.

Enhanced Senses
: Here I also disagree. Sure.. she managed to sense Risky Boots and her Tinkerslug ""from far away" but In my opinio this was mostly due to her intuition and experience rather than actuall ability. She fought Risky for so long that she simply knew that it was her doing. I am against it because she never really displayed this ability in any other situation. And she has been

Resistance to mind manipulation: Yea, holly case is a good example.

Creation: Well yea, she have created Nega-Shantae in Risky's Revenge. A physical being. I wouldnt use the spikeballs and weapons feat for it tho, because in other games it's showcased that she simply uses them as magical items (that can be used up).. and while she can either create or summon them (it's not clear in the newest games) the Nega shantae feat is simply better and more clear.

Size Manipulation: I dont know if we can use that to be honest. Sure she can transform into animals with their legit size... But she herself cant change her own size. (She cant transform into super big Shantae or super small Shantae)

Invulnerability via Bubble is fine.

Yes she doesnt lack experience we can change that but she is still pretty gullible and can be tricked by majority of the characters... starting from Risky and ending on Rotty... She was tricked by them in previous games. And yes her uncle also is rather gullible as well... even if he's a genius that can create anything with the right blueprints.

Meshifuari Arimota seems to make sense to me, although why should she get invulnerability?

She can use a magical bubble shield (for limited period of time, a few seconds at best) which gives her invulnerability to every attack (in game). Tho falling from the ledge or into the hole (or even spikes) can still kill her. A part of the a game mechanic.

@Meshifuari Okay, let's disregard the volcano feat. The original feat however. While Shantae did not do much damage to him at first, after she got her magic back she should still scale. Not only did she get a major damage boost (which I know the 9999 damage is a game mechanic) and canonically stronger. When you fire the cannon during the end, you can see the Pirate Master's face have the dizzy-like look (the face when a character beats another character) indicating he was harmed by Shantae. Yes the cannon finished him, however Shantae was shown to keep up with him. Attacking him for eternity is a game mechanic as the game wants you to beat the boss with the cannon as it's a semi-cutscene. While it was stated that all the genies were needed to seal him, Shantae is considered more of a special one as she has potential we've yet to see. The Pirate Master also had help from his minions and Risky (before be lost) during that. Again, I don't think Shantae will straight up be stronger, but she should at the least be comparable due him showing signs of taking damage.

As for the the costume mode. It does show that this is all after the main game. Things like Holly stating she came back would prove this. Using the argument that Shantae won't use these abilities in the next game isn't the best argument as these are DLC modes, you'd expect some new moves. As for the DLC not being mentioned. Neither was Pirates Curse during Half-Genie Hero and that game built up a huge relationship between Shantae and Risky, as well as Shantae learning new important information. You'd expect at least a small talk about it.

As for enhanced senses. I really doubt that's the case here. While Shantae has fought Risky for some time, assuming she'll know where she's going to end up seems like a major stretch. Shantae not displaying it again was due to the mode having a ninja theme and thus, stuff like that is more common. You'll see Shantae's personality change in each mode.

The thing is... There's a lot of uncertainty regarding how Shantae is special... (aside from the fact that she's a half-genie and her hair powers came from her human parent), but it has never been stated that she is more powerful than a normal genie. During the fight with Shantae (when she still have the pirate gear) The Pirate Master states that her attacks are incredibly weak compared to normal genies.

Yes the pirate master might have seem to take a slight amount of damage that made him dizzy, but that doesnt mean that Shantae is comparable to him. Just look at other universes and characters in fiction... 7-A character can deal some harm to 6-B characters (One Piece) and so Shantae making him dizzy is just not enough in my opinion. It's literally showcased that she cant kill him on her own... and not even because he have some powerful spell that keeps him alive but simply because she cant deal enough damage to him.

Costume mode is a thing that's also iffy. Majority of them doesnt make much sense (Officer mode literally doesnt fit the world nor the lore). In my opinion it's not a part of the main continuity. That being said, here we could actually use the statement from the creators regarding the canonicity of these events.

The enhanced senses is a part of costumes and so I dont think it counts, but even if we were to take them as canon... It's not a major stretch to assume that she knew where she was going to end up. She has fought Risky A LOT in games and offscreen. Usually the encounters have ended up in the same manner. Over and over and over again.

Yes, she was stated to be weak for a genie. However this was before she had her magic. Once she's gotten all of her magic, she got a major boost and can actually damage the Pirate Master. We can clearly see during the final part of the battle, he did take damage from Shantae. There really is no denying she was able to actually hurt him once she got her light magic.

The problem with this is that we're just using basic scalling. The dizzzines was because of how much damage he took. Think of it as how a cartoon character looks dizzy after getting beat up. This is the same thing. Not killing someone =/= you can't scale. Quite literally many characters have scaled from fighting someone who didn't kill them. Shantae may not be far above the Pirate Master, but she was manage to actually hurt him. Shantae was also able to survive attacks from him, and she damaged others with comparable durability. So there's that as well.

These costumes are, again, referenced to be post game. Officer mode is literally just Shantae dressing up and acting as an officer to take down crime...something that she always does. No idea where this doesn't fit in. I haven't seen statements of the creators stating the costume modes aren't canon. These events clearly don't happen during the game and are AFTER the main story. Ninja involves Shantae dressing up as a ninja and to learn how to become one. What exactly contradicts this from being canon? Officer is the same thing. Beach mode is Shantae searching for a beach. None of this contradicts the canon.

The costumes shouldn't logically give Shantae powers (said costume was literally just a diaper for potty training) and Beach mode is just a bikini Shantae made on her own. I guess while wearing these suits, she has her weapons? Other than that, the costumes wouldn't give her powers.

Sure she's fought Risky a lot, yet in the same game she outright doesn't know where her hide out is. I don't think Shantae is suddenly a master at predicting where Risky is. It also completely ignores the entire theme of this mode. Ninja's (at least for Shantae and in other forms of media) have great senses. What difference would it make here?

I suppose that DatOneWeeb seems to make sense in his last post.

Have the previously accepted suggestions been applied yet?

No, not yet. Would you want me to add them or prefer someone more experienced with editing profiles?

I woul scale her to 7-B because the Pirate Master that did the storm feat was a fraction of his full power and he says Shantae using the Pirate Gear "packs quite a punch"

So it should be

Shantae with Gear ~ Risky ~ Pirate Master with a Fraction of his power < Shantae Full Power < Pirate Master Full Power ~ City wiping Cannon

The Pirate Master should have two keys (if he ever gets a profile), one with a fraction of his power (low 7-B) and one with his full power ( at least low 7-B, likely 7-B)

This is not very clear, as the costume in the Ninja mode for example turns out to be just her potty training costume

So she could possibly have those powers, with her magic. I mean, once she becomes half genie, the Pikeball and the other items rely on her magic rather than how many she buys them

Can somebody summarise what is left to be decided here, and what the options are?

We need to finish debating if Shantae can scale to the Pirate Master for her Low 7-B+ rating and if the costumes are canon. That's about it.

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You should send me a message if you need my help after you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back