• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shana vs Erza Scarlet

GoldenScorpions said:
Same here. Sure, she's super popular, but that leaves other characters neglected. Always the same characters are used...
Hopefully my little project will fix this, even just a little bit.

ScarletFirefly said:
GoldenScorpions said:
Flame Hazes basically merge with their Crimson Lord when the contract is made. They lose their humanity for something nearly similar to a being from another plane. The spells and powers they use are powers from another plane and the reason they can move inside Fuzetsus is due to their differently shaped nature as beings, that allows them to move just like Denizens, the creatures from said plane.
And again I would like to bring Saber's example. She uses powers that are from another plane (Excalibur and Avalon are made from fairies), she was told that once she drew Excalibur from the stone she would "stop being human", she can access Avalon, a dimension completely separated from the normal world. Yet despite these, she's again, human. She cannot be called a supernatural being while she was alive.
Hmm... I'm not sure she could enter Fuzetsus still. The entire concept of the Fuzetsu when it was created was specifically so humans can't enter/interact with it and if they get caught inside one, it works like a time stop. Shana and any Flame Haze aren't humans, so I think it has to do with the idea of humanity, alongside the other-plane powers. Unless a human is immune/can cancel such powers (like Touma maybe), I don't think they could move in it.

Can Saber cancel anti-human stuff like that? I don't remember.

Actually, that's an Ace Combat reference, which is fitting considering the digfight in Fate Zero is inspired by it.

Technically, Unrestricted Spells (the powers Shana use) can be considered very advanced magic, that uses Power of Existence (energy invisible to humans that comprises every living and non-living thing) instead of Mana.

Actually, wasn't this about Erza? How did it go to Saber? lol

GoldenScorpions said:
Technically, Unrestricted Spells (the powers Shana use) can be considered very advanced magic, that uses Power of Existence (energy invisible to humans that comprises every living and non-living thing) instead of Mana.
That looks like the very definition of Magic in Fairy Tail.

GoldenScorpions said:
Actually, wasn't this about Erza? How did it go to Saber? lol
People have told me I have the supernatural power to derail threads. Get it? Supernatural? Ok, I'll stop.

It's a bit controversial if this match is a stomp or not,

I personally don't think it is but we're settling this matter on the discussion thread.

Perhaps temporary?

If people want it closed, I could do that. Judging by the comments here, the disagreements on the supernatural being thing will likely continue and derail the thread completely.

If you people want Shana threads, try using Dimaria Yesta, she's also a time stopper.

ScarletFirefly said:
GoldenScorpions said:
That looks like the very definition of Magic in Fairy Tail.
Not exactly the same, but not too afar enough to count as completely different.

But again, Fuzetsu affects all humans and Erza is a human, so she'd be stuck. Flame Hazes always start fights with Fuzetsu.

GoldenScorpions said:
Unless you want to remove Fuzetsu from Shana in this fight?
Fuzetsu is her time stopping ability? Cuz if that's the case, people are saying she get's bodied by Erza in every other category if we remove that. Kind of a weak matchup if that's the case.

Oh, forgot to mention, but earlier today, I adjusted Shana's profile (about 2.5 hours ago), before I was aware of this VS. I increased her Speed (not that it matters here) and her Durability to Mountain due to her feats...

What should be done here? Continue or cancel due to mid-VS stats change, even if unknowingly of a VS?

Because it was just a re-adjustment after I realized something I should have noticed from the beginning about her stats. I placed justifications as well for the update. It wasn't a reconstruction of the profile, so I figured a direct edit was possible.

But why the need? Shana's strongest power (Tenpa Josai) is at least Mountain level. Normally everyone who uses Tenpa Josai dies. Shana survived her own Tenpa Josai, thus making her durability at least Mountain. Logic is enough, isn't it?

Back