• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow's Power Revision (Danny Phantom)

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so I created a thread a while ago discussing Danny having Resistance to Probability Manipulation due to resisting the effects of Shadow's Bad Luck. On that thread which was forgotten about. Here is that thread.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3241246

I just recently created a thread trying to figure out what Shadow's power would be if it's not a form of probability manipulation then what is it?. Well Antoniofer gave a suggestion which is Malfunction Inducement (Can make objects malfunction and break apart). Here is that thread.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3510198

Shadow's Power
Here is the episode in which Shadow is introduced. I'll put the time stamps so you don't half to watch the full episode.

Probability Manipulation: As I already stated before I still think Shadow has a form of bad luck manipulation and here's why. At 1:20 Johnny tells Shadow to keep the fenton portal open and when he does, Kitty states that she doesn't think using his stupid "bad luck" shadow is a good thing. This results in the portal closing to early and closing on Kitty. At 4:10 Danny has his first encounter with Shadow, after Shadow phases through a lamp post and it just so happens to land of the fenton thermos which basically forces Danny to go hunt the other ghosts down and leave Johnny alone to which Danny says "of all the rotten luck".

Now you could just say it's just some accidents and it's not really bad luck. I'd probably agree with you if not for Johnny's impossible plan that could only be done if either Shadow has probability manip or Johnny is a genius at calculating outcomes. At 5:10 Jazz is at the carnival and we see Johnny above her riding on the powerlines and let's Kitty know that's the body he's going to give her and then Johnny sees a parked truck and tells Shadow to go after it. At 5:40 to 6:25 Tucker shouts he's not bad luck and when Danny sees Shadow enter the truck he replies "No, but I think I know what is" (Obviously reffering to Shadow). Shadow then breaks the handle inside the truck which caueses it to drive down the hill (Shadow leaves the truck and Danny states "oh great, more bad luck"). The truck then smashes into a roller coaster and it send a crack up it and splits the tracks, the carts then fly off the tracks, Danny saves the passengers but the cart is about to land on Jazz but Johnny saves her.

Here's the problem, Johnny's plan is to get close to Jazz to get her to put on Kitty's jacket, scarf and ring. However it would be literally impossible for Johnny or Shadow to have planed this entire outcome. Shadow legit leaves the truck after breaking the handle so everything is out of there hands. Shadow nor Johnny could have known the truck would speed down the hill fast enough to cause the right amount of damage the cause a large split in the track, the cart would fly off and land exactly where Jazz was standing when she could have been anywhere and she wasn't even in the same spot considering she has cotten candy which she didn't have before so she moved from that spot with the paitings. I don't see any other way Johnny telling shadow to mess with a random truck managed to give him the chance to save and get close to Jazz without probability manipulation. Johnny and Shadow are not smart so they couldn't have calculated this outcome that has many variables in it.

Lastly there are a few more things suggesting Johnny (Shadow) has bad luck power. At 7:20 Johnny states everyone just calls him 13 because he's got this reputation for being unlucky. Obviously their talking about Shadow and how bad things happen to thoughs around him. Given the repeated statements and a showing of an event that would be impossible for Johnny to have known the outcome of, I think Shadow outright has a form of probability manipulation. He can cause misfortune to thoughs around him.

Shadow's Energy: Shadow also seems to have an effect on objects that he touches. At 15:55 to 16:50 we see when Shadow comes into contact with an object it malfunctions, breaksdown and or explodes. This could also be a form of bad luck to objects he touches, causing them to breakdown. Jinx (Teen Titans) has bad luck a bit similer to this where she fires pink waves that causes objects to fall apart.

Argument
The argument used in the previous thread was Shadow is only simulating bad luck because he's activly touching the objects. The problem is that the carnival feat completely destroys this argument do to Shadoe only breaking the handle in the truck, everything else just happened which again was impossible do to Shadow and Johnny being incapable of knowing that all of that was going to happen that way. Also, what does Shadow needing to touch an object to start a chain reaction of bad luck half to do with anything?. Even if I touched someone and they started being unlucky, I'd still have probability manipulation. The entire episode points to Shadow having a form of bad luck.

My suggestion is Probability Manipulation (Shadow can cause a chain of misfortune to those around him simply by taking action. His energy passivly causes objects to breakdown and explode)

So, thoughts?.

Wokistan said:
The problem is Shadow isn't depicted as having good luck. Everything points to Shadow giving of bad luck to those around him. Shadow's power would explain how Jazz was unlucky enough to be in the exact spot the cart was going to hit.

I'll admit that someones Supernatural Luck can make other people think they are unlucky but in this case it seems they want this to be a bad luck thing.

Supernatural luck can be bad luck

Our Supernatural Luck page makes it seem it can only be good fortune to the user. It doesn't say anything about Bad Luck.

The proposal looks good, to me.

Also, I agree with LordGriffin1000's point o nSupernaturall Luck page; the pages looks focused only on good luck and doesn't make reference to bad luck.

Supernatural Luck is basically passive probability manipulation in which the character almost always has good luck. Then again, bad luck to your enemies could be interpreted as good luck to yourself, but I think probability manipulation is better.

Back