• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Cinnabar Doesn't change the fact that it's gonna be astronomically easier to hit since it's way over 10x bigger than Sonic characters.

I also said they were smaller. They would be tricky to hit if the characters were like 3x bigger and just as fast as the Sonic cast. But that's not the case with Sugilite. She is way to big yes she can move as fast but due to her large size it's still going to get in the way.

WeeklyBattles said:
Even though you just said he barely hits sonic chatracters with Chaos Spear
Do you not know what verse you're arguing against? It's a franchise with characters that have super speed as the ******* norm LOL

@Violet I'd love it if you looked at Shadow's profile and then Sugilite's and then tell me how Sonic X being a verse with speedsters matters to an SU character

@Myhero Even if Shadow does manage to hit her all she'd get are a few cuts which she would regenerate from anyways

I don't NEED to look at the profiles. Lore wise, the Sonic series has a bunch of characters that can run fast and that most of the time they like to dodge a lot of enmy fire and not get hit (Especially Sonic since he's VERY mobile). So Shadow not having a guarentee on his Chaos Spears is not him having trash aim. It's him going up against characters with similar speed as him if not faster.

VioletVoid100 said:
Not everything has to go down within the profiles if you know the lore and personalities of the characters in the verse, my dude.
Except it does, as that is the entire point of this wiki

I didn't say we SHOULDN'T use the profiles though context-wise. What I was trying to say is that we don't need to get our info only from the profiles. Especially if it happens to be about lore and character for the character in the vs debate.

btw for piercing

Sugilite's a rock right

Wouldn't that make a piercing attack less effective than usual I'd think.

@Violet The entire point of the profile is to have their lore and characters traits on them so everyone can see

I've got to go sleep soon so I will continue this tomorrow.

@Hst master Are you voting for Shadow?

MYHERO said:
I've got to go sleep soon so I will continue this tomorrow.

@Hst master Are you voting for Shadow?
No I just don't agree with the baseless assumption Chaos Spear can't pierce.

Sugilite's body is still hard enough that a piercing attack shouldnt be very effective on her and she can regenerate the damage regardless

Sorry but when you say 6-C stone do you mean the gemstones? Didn't Amethysts got her's cracked because she fell from a couple of meters? I don't think that counts as 6-C durability.

@Shadow Very relevant actually seeing as you have yet to show it hurting a 6-C let alone one more durable than anything Shadow has harmed and with a body far harder and more resistant to piercing

Hey. Guys.

Can we not act so heated in this thread? I want to have fun during vs debates, not witness keyboard warriors. That goes to everybody, we should be having fu.

@Mav That render... Oh yeah, that render is some good stuff.

Alright, I took a look into both of these profiles. Time to voice my semi-formed opinion.

Sugalite has a sizeable AP advantage due to the mini-scailing chain, but not enough to one-shot Shadow from the get-go. Which is good for him, because the AP difference is probably gonna be the biggest hurdle he has to get over. She also has her Flail, which she's shown some damn good proficiency in. While she obviously has more stuff than just this, I think her AP and Flail are the most important things to mention here. If I missed anything seriously important, I'm sure Weekly could cover it.

Shadow has the ever-so-slight versatility advantage at his disposal here to make up for the difference of AP. His Electricity Manip is usually subtle due to him causing a small spark with a wave of his hand that, in turn, forms into a larger net of electricity. Teleportation is a Shadow standard, and it'll make him harder to hit. Time stop is another Shadow standard, no need for explanation there. Vibration Manip sounds pretty dangerous here, but I have no idea how it exactly works.

I think the biggest thing going for Shadow here is removing his inhibitors. Like Sonic one-shotting comparable or stronger beings after absorbing a ring, it essentially gives Shadow the same buff of overpowering comparable or stronger enemies. The problem with this comes from if he overuses it, but Shadow's been shown to know when to put them back on and call it quits.

So... I dunno yet. Leaning towards Shadow, I think, but don't count my vote yet.

I want to point out that it is shown that Shadow can either make Chaos Spears explode or pierce. I've should've mentioned this further but they are times when the chaos spears explode on impact or piercers.

And also Shake is right I think we, or at least I should take a step back and breathe.

So not only is Shadow not always going to be using a piercing attack, but character on his level can tank them without being pierced

Back