• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think she'd one-shot or anything, but the AP advantage should let her take this when she does eventually hit him.

Okay so let me get this straight.

Sugilite is stronger than Shadow.

But he is a smaller target and can dodge her attacks repeatedly with teleportation. And he can unleash a timestop that is over a minute long rendering Sugilite immovable. And still be able to hurt her through piercing attacks which are omnidirectional and fast.

I take it back, Shadow's versatility seems to cover up more than enough of cons here. I was under the impression that he gets easily exhausted as Weekly said, but now I'm pretty sure Weekly is not even that knowledgable with the Sonic verse, let alone with Sonic X.

Smaller means nothing

Teleportation and timestop cannot be spammed

Even if he poofs sugilite she can regenerate by which ooint Shadow will be exhausted regardless

And yes he does get exhausted, both our profile here and everything about it that i can find says he gets exhausted

He literally spams teleportation against Sonic in episode 34.

That time stop is 90 seconds long. If he time stops it's over.

Sugilite needs to retreat into her gemstone to regenerate. Shadow can just destroy the gemstone.

@Shadow Cool, not with his inhibitor rings off which is what he needs to even try to hurt sugilite here

Neat

Sugilite regenerates in 80 seconds and Shadow knows noting about needing to destroy her gems

WeeklyBattles said:
And yes he does get exhausted, both our profile here and everything about it that i can find says he gets exhausted
She means you were exaggerating how quickly Shadow gets exhausted when taking off his inhibitors.

@Weekly I said easily exhausted not just exhausted.

And being small makes it that Shadow will be a smaller target, so it doesn't mean nothing. Yes Sugilite still deals with smaller people fairly well but that doesn't mean that it is absolutely zero problem for her.

Maverick just showed us a clip of him doing it. And timestop is long enough where he would only need it once.

It does mean nothing when Sugilite has thus far fought exclusively smaller targets and had no difficulty at all hitting them. Shadow being small will be no problem for her in any way.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Shadow Cool, not with his inhibitor rings off which is what he needs to even try to hurt sugilite here

Neat

Sugilite regenerates in 80 seconds and Shadow knows noting about needing to destroy her gems
Again, Chaos Spear.

When he sees her retreat into a gem, he will destroy it. He isn't stupid.

I would like to point out if Shadow stops time and starts spamming chaos spear, her body will quickly poof and that will leave the gems vulnerable as well and they will also be in harms way, leading it to crack. So Shadow doesn't even need to know about Gems.

CinnabarManx421 said:
No one's shown yet that he time stops in combat though.
Why does that matter. Just because he didn't do it in a fight doesn't mean it's automatically not combat applicable.

With no prior knowledgs he nas no reason whatsoever to just randomly destroy her gems, assuming he even manages to poof her in the first place

@Myhero The Gemstones are only a few inches in diameter and very hard to see on something as big as sugilite, plus two of them are in sugilite's palms, it is very unlikely that he will randomly hit them

He wouldn't see her go into her gems though. When a Gem gets poofed, theeir body vanishes in a cloud of smoke, meaning he wouldn't be able to see the Gems through the smoke.

One of Sugilite's gems are literally exposed on her chest. Maverick has shown us that his chaos spears are omnidirectional and quite fast he doesn't need to even specifically try to aim at her gem it will get caught up in the splash zone.

>Caught in the splash zone

Yup because that has totally happened before in all other SU fights like the one where Jasper's weapon is on her face and her weapon is a helmet or garnet whose are on her hands and her method of fighting is punching

His chaos spears being omnidirectional does not automatically mean that dugilite will be struck on every point of her body at once, especially not a hard to see, few inch diameter rock

Jasper wearing a helmet over her gem and Garnet wearing gauntlets on her gems is not even remotely comparable to gemstones being exposed to piercing energy beams.

And did you forget that I said at a fast rate? Even if a couple of them misses the chances that a couple of them will hit her gem is very likely with just the excessive amount of spheres and at how hast they travel.

I watched the video twice now and see no reason why you think that just because there are a lot of them that it automatically means that it will automatically hit her gemstone

@Cinnabar Yes but in frozen time? Besides if she just blocks then she still gets hurt of the piercing damaging, making her poof. Which would leave her gem falling motion which would increase the chances that they will hit even more.

Also unless he's doing this without the inhibitor rings the spears will do very little damage overall to her

WeeklyBattles said:
I watched the video twice now and see no reason why you think that just because there are a lot of them that it automatically means that it will automatically hit her gemstone
Weekly don't try to put words in my mouth. I didn't say it would automatically hit them I said that the chances are very likely. Not only that it wasn't just because there were a lot, but they were fired at a fast rate as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
It does mean nothing when Sugilite has thus far fought exclusively smaller targets and had no difficulty at all hitting them. Shadow being small will be no problem for her in any way.
Yeah but she was also at a clear lee advantage over them. Now she's dealing with a teleporting hedgehog that's even smaller than Pearl, the problem is still there but very small.

Back