• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm going to assume that Blueblur was talking about the video I just linked.

1. He already had the drop on that thing when he used his timestop. In fact, you can tell just from watching that he had already gotten a running start before activating Chaos Control. That's nowhere near the same as starting off his own battle with it.

2. Looking at the context I gathered from the scene, he only did that because Sonic was inches away from getting kicked in the face and he wanted to save him. Not exactly the same as having the foresight to protect yourself with it. Or whatever.

White Wings Accelerator wins

Accelerators AIM field effects physics laws based on vectors. In white wings he can easily remote influence the vectors if Shadows insides into mush before he can use chaos control.

"Taking hostages didn't work. As soon as they tried to reach for the kids, their wrists were twisted in an unnatural manner. Dynamite didn't work. As soon as they tried to push the button for it to explode, their fingers were blown away along with the button."

Base Accelerators calc speed can manipulate:

"What I create is matter that does not exist in this world. It's not matter not yet discovered, nor matter that theoretically exists, but matter which undeniably, does not exist."

"The material he creates defies the Laws of Physics, allowing him to produce 25,000 different types of energy."

via

"...then all I have to do is include them in my calculations. To change the laws of this world into a new world that includes your Dark Matter and create a new algorithm, then it is checkmate"

"The angel had an almost human-like expression of surprise, and in this instant Accelerator took away the vectors from the angelÔǃs attack. Gathering the vectors, Accelerator launched a merciless strike straight at the chest of the glasses-wearing angel."

With white wings:

Angel Accelerators calculation speed is nigh infinite. His AIM field which manipulates imaginary vectors is essentially passivley reality warping. Accelerator can manipulate Telsma, an energy that doesn't exactly exist in the main universe. It's the energy that makes up angels. He also was able to shrug off an attack by Holy Right by Fiamma in La Persona Superiore a Dio in control of the heveans phase. This attack ignores standard concepts in an opponent like strengeth, ability, speed, durability, distance,..etc. With his calculation speed in white wings he can easily incercept and manipulate chaos control before it can be used.

Yeah, go ahead and move me over to Accelerator for the reasons everyone else said. It seems to me like things weren't outlined properly before now. Probably should have been paying more attention.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Also, I'm going to assume that Blueblur was talking about the video I just linked.
1. He already had the drop on that thing when he used his timestop. In fact, you can tell just from watching that he had already gotten a running start before activating Cchaos Control. That's nowhere near the same as starting off his own battle with it.

2. Looking at the context I gathered from the scene, he only did that because Sonic was inches away from getting kicked in the face and he wanted to save him. Not exactly the same as having the foresight to protect yourself with it. Or whatever.
Ya but your only assuming that he does that shadow hardly plays around really and only toys with sonic

@Blueblur:

The video itself is very clear, actually. I'm hardly assuming anything that isn't already suggested by the existing sequence of events.

It's not like Sans or Calypso or Randall Flagg or Winter Knight Dresden or whoever else where there's clear evidence of him preempting a fully-ready opponent by haxing the shit out of them. Looking right at the evidence, it's a case of him seeing his opponent while his opponent didn't even see him, and then doing the thing that would save his partner from harm in the most surefire manner. Nothing more than that.

Should the 4 votes for Shadow even count? Those votes were based on the false assumption that Shadow leads with timestop.

Eh, leave the votes alone. The thread has Accel at a six-vote lead now. It's not going to make much difference at this point.

Dust Collector said:
Should the 4 votes for Shadow even count? Those votes were based on the false assumption that Shadow leads with timestop.
Actually it's not a false assumption when he does lead with time stop you guys just assume he doesn't and that he underestimated his oppenonets when accel does exactly the same thing

Can't speak for anyone else (and I honestly don't want to), but as far as I'm concerned, I'm only going by what I saw in the video.

What I saw was "Character A getting the drop on Character B and kicking him in the face while he was functionally unaware", not "Character A starting an established conflict by firing off his hax immediately".

I don't even care all that much whether or not Accel uses his hax right off the bat, and I'm not here to make that claim or argue in its defense. But from what I can see in front of me, the notion of Shadow opening up his fights with time-stop is based on a misinterpretation, or at least a different interpretation from the one I came to.

Either way, I've already (re)cast my vote, and I really don't have anything else to say here, so the rest of this is whatever to me.

Yeah accel pretty much starts out with his ability instantly

"As soon they touched the monster's skin, they were reflected back and shot the terrorists themselves.

Taking hostages didn't work.

As soon as they tried to reach for the kids, their wrists were twisted in an unnatural manner. Dynamite didn't work.

As soon as they tried to push the button for it to explode, their fingers were blown away along with the button

(No...)

It was more than just these, one of the masked members of Spark Signal thought.

That face of his that could not be seen from outside was already covered with cold sweat. He felt that the essence of the escalating terror in his heart was more than just those.

Yes.

The #1 esper of Academy City, Accelerator, was taking all of this completely seriously.

He didn't excessively use his overwhelming power. Even seeing the terrorist falling one after another he did not get careless. If he relaxed then maybe they still had a chance, but Accelerator didn't even give that small possibility to his opponents.

Sometimes with his ability, sometimes with his handgun, he always used the smallest amount of effort to obtain the greatest results. It was no longer a battle between humans, or even between humans and a monster. Simple destruction that needed no emotions."

The thing is though shadow could have easily teleported to save sonic but choose not to instead he choose to stop time and boom ended the fight.

Yeah I was told Shadow slammed time stops but I never actually made sure.

Sorry for the misinformation guys, almost gave an L for that.

Gargoyle One said:
Yeah I was told Shadow slammed time stops but I never actually made sure.
Sorry for the misinformation guys, almost gave an L for that.
You mean you almost caught an L, right? :p

Blueblur24 said:
The thing is though shadow could have easily teleported to save sonic but choose not to instead he choose to stop time and boom ended the fight.
Okay, so? If someone's trying to save their friend and kill their attacker at the same time, of course they'll pick time-stop over teleportation. The former allows you to prevent harm while giving you time (lol) to retaliate. The latter is a good way to risk getting kicked in the face in place of your friend.

Still doesn't mean he starts all of his fights with it, though. The fact that he had an obvious headstart already poisons your argument, and that's not even going into whether or not he can successfully fire off the time-stop before Accel does that shit in the quote linked above.

You know what you can change my vote to accel as I was basing my vote off of what @gargoyle one said. But know this brings up another question if shadow is serious in most fights but doesn't use time stop off the bat in character than neither does dante who has never used time stop in battle other than when he got quicksilver. I know I just derailed forgive me but this has just been on my mind for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back