• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow of the Colossus CRT: Colossus overhaul

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Time for massive changes for them all:

1) Stats:
We have a calc that puts Cenobia at 9-B, one that puts Quadratus at 8-C, one for Barba at 8-C and one that has Phallax at High 8-C
Frankly I have no idea how to split them stat wise, obviously whoever is in the calc scale to their own feats but how do we decide which Coloussus scales to who?
Phallax is the largest by far and is a fat bit larger then the rest so he likely can have a stand alone rating, the rest is up for debate

2) Power Removal & Addition:
All of them should have Partial Inorganic Physiology, they're clearly part stone and when you murder them soul juice comes out so
Remove Type 1 immortality as I found no basis for it

3) Name Change:
The current names are not official ones but fan made ones so it's likely best to title them Colossus 1-12

We have a calc that puts Cenobia at 9-B, one that puts Quadratus at 8-C, one for Barba at 8-C and one that has Phallax at High 8-C
Frankly I have no idea how to split them stat wise, obviously whoever is in the calc scale to their own feats but how do we decide which Coloussus scales to who?
All the colossi were parts of Dormin so Phalanx' rating probably scales to him. Mind you he does not have a page yet, but I might make one.
Phallax is the largest by far and is a fat bit larger then the rest so he likely can have a stand alone rating, the rest is up for debate
I think just scale Quadratus to everyone but Cenobia and Celosia, who scale to each other, all of this via size ig. A little rough but it's the best we've got.
All of them should have Partial Inorganic Physiology, they're clearly part stone and when you murder them soul juice comes out so
I think they should be given longevity since they're all old enough to have grass growing on them. Also, the non 9-B ones should all have Vibration Manipulation as they attempt to hurt you by stomping down on you, which has a shockwave effect, they seem to purposefully use these shockwaves given that Phaedra tries to use them while you're hidden in a small alcove where its hoofs can't reach you. And it does work if you're close enough.
3) Name Change:
The current names are not official ones but fan made ones so it's likely best to title them Colossus 1-12
Considering that's what they're known by the best I think something like Colossus I (Valus) would be a good idea.

All the colossi were parts of Dormin so Phalanx' rating probably scales to him. Mind you he does not have a page yet, but I might make one.
He'd get "At least High 8-C" yah, although I was planning to tackle him in a seperate CRT for the Wanderer so
I think just scale Quadratus to everyone but Cenobia and Celosia, who scale to each other, all of this via size ig. A little rough but it's the best we've got.
A bit janky but eh ig?
I think they should be given longevity since they're all old enough to have grass growing on them. Also, the non 9-B ones should all have Vibration Manipulation as they attempt to hurt you by stomping down on you, which has a shockwave effect, they seem to purposefully use these shockwaves given that Phaedra tries to use them while you're hidden.
Hm yah that seems fair
Considering that's what they're known by the best I think something like Colossus I (Valus) would be a good idea.
I suppose that can work

Time for massive changes for them all:

1) Stats:

3) Name Change:
First is fine. Second is fine. Disagree with the third, would rather use their fan-given names in the void of official ones. It is by far what they are most known for. The devs also apparently had nicknames for them but eh.

Honestly I was looking back at it and using the in-game heights for SotC really doesn't make sense to me. I think it's silly to use them given that they indicate every single human adult in the game to be at most 150 cm tall while younger or elderly people are around 120 cm, and all of this is really hard to believe. Considering that the previous game from team Ico, likely made on the same engine, has a child as the main character, and that child has the exact same height as Wander, I think they might have just just reused his skeleton from the previous game (or something like that, Idk programming too well, regardless I doubt this is a coincidence), so I don't think the in-game measures, which were clearly never meant to be seen by the audience, are accurate to the intended sizes.

I mean, in the middle ages men were about as high as women today so like clearly the scale was smaller in whatever time period the game is at
Plus the humans being more child like size wise thematically fits imo so

Eeeeh that is true but on the other hand, the in-game sizes are still never actually made explicit, this is drawing conclusion from hidden, in-game data that might very well be inaccurate. Plus, I don't think Team Ico really accounted for medieval people being short, look at how tall the Queen is compared to Ico himself (who, despite being a child, is the same height as Wander)

Idfk Ico at all but she looks like a supernatural entity so her being tall seems like a way to showcase how grand she is

Also I find the guide book statement vague since it says around 200 meters, like ig it's an easier to find source then game data but unless you go out of your way you're also not likely to stumble on it so

Idfk Ico at all but she looks like a supernatural entity so her being tall seems like a way to showcase how grand she is
Me neither but it is still worth pointing out, Ico being a normal height for a kid his age is stronger evidence anyway.
Also I find the guide book statement vague since it says around 200 meters, like ig it's an easier to find source then game data but unless you go out of your way you're also not likely to stumble on it so
I mean, it's an actual statement, compared to the in-game data not being one at all.

Me neither but it is still worth pointing out, Ico being a normal height for a kid his age is stronger evidence anyway.

I mean, it's an actual statement, compared to the in-game data not being one at all.
I feel like this's a matter of preference so maybe a vote would be better?

I still prefer in-game values, regardless of the disparity between the people in game compared to real life folks.

I still don't see how we can consider a hidden stat superior to a stated value, but I guess I'm outnumbered

I still don't see how we can consider a hidden stat superior to a stated value, but I guess I'm outnumbered
Given the statement isn't present in the game itself, I'm adverse to using it. The "hidden stat" is only hidden in its specifics- you can clearly see how tall people are. The only reason it isn't more relevant is because almost everything you're ******* with in the world is... well, colossal.

We don't need to assume, though. That's the beauty of having said data. It's great.

Data that is not actually meant to be seen by anyone, is obtained through hacking and might just be a carryover from the previous game where the protagonist, who just so happens to share internal height with Wander, is a child.

I agree with Chomp regarding the naming stuff. Everything else in the OP looks fine as well.
speaking of ico is set in the same verse so we could probably get something from there as well but thats for another crt

A couple of the Colossi need natural weaponry, and they all should have corruption with that whole thing where they corrupt you with Dormin's essence upon dying. Mind you that's probably more of a byproduct but still

Last edited:
Also, the two small colossi should actually be 9-B+ by virtue of being able to harm Wander who's this durable. Maybe 9-A via upscaling

Last edited:
Bump.
FNP6lzKXsAUidAt.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bump

Back